If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Bah Humbug grueller 2013 - a Big Col bagging fest

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well this Bah Humbug was the grueller – nah match – that ‘everyone’ was looking forward to. Image So much so that I was surprised that more weren’t up for it, given the double figure Image – nah tremble figure Image – catch reports that were filtering out the week before Image

15 gruellerites finally turned up all looking forwards to a few fish.............for a change. :D The venue - Staffs Worcs at Four Ashes - had even managed to entice an old face back to the towpath – OBI aka CBA ;)

Venue expert Big Col pegged out and the draw got underway. MrV – aka End peg Vernon Image declined his offer of a short walk and found himself at the end of the section as all the other flyers soon went with Big Col T – winner of the last grueller - feeling the pressure of finding himself on the ‘brambles’ and being the bookies favourite expected to walk it...... :P

Peg 8 for yours truly and not far to walk. Image But was I up against it? Image Not half - for company on 7 I’d got the venue crack, Big Col Image :o with horror of horrors the dreaded KOD (Kiss of Death to the uninitiated) Image to my left on 9. Image

The usual Staffs Worcs rigs were set up..............although I wandered did I really need to set a punch rig up? ::) It had been caster, caster and more caster from those mid week reports, but I thought I’d follow Yamo’s approach on one of his secret sortie down there (you can’t beat a good tom tom) Image by starting on the punch and as soon as the stamp fish put in an appearance slip a caster on. Image In fact me bait bill had more than doubled for this Big Col Bagging fest – but what the heck. :D

I even set up a chub rig as Big Col confided that his mate had had a few off my peg last visit...........bloody hell, I’d only bought 1 net today, I might have to dash home for a second, such was the expectancy Image

Set up with 5 minutes to go, I thought I ‘d better take a couple of snaps as I wouldn’t have time later would I, ::) I’d be too busy sacking up.............

My peg for the next 4 hours

The cracks to my right........

And the cracks to my left.......

The whistle went so It was time to get my head down...........

TBC..........
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

So time to get my head down...........

I started feeding lines – inside and longer punch line that would soon be converted to bagging caster lines, with some gb, squatt and caster hard over. I hadn’t finished feeding as KOD to my left latched into fish no 1 :o ...........man was we on for a few today. Image In fact at this stage, was Big Col so confident that he would have a few as he was missing for the first 10 minutes...........was he giving us all a couple of pounds starter, Image or had he really just gone for a B C D?????????? Image

Lines fed, out with the punch. 10 seconds passed Image...........no bite. 20 seconds passed Image...........no bite. A minute Image..............no bite. In fact I could go on like this for the next two hours :D – although I wasn’t on the punch after two hours and I’d also exhausted plan B – Q..............yep you’ve gorrit - I’d had sweet fa, not a bite. ............zilcho. Image Image Image KOD hadn’t really set the world on fire either, he’d snared 3 small kinvers, with Big Col the other side with a couple. So off it was for a picture or two.....

KOD a study of concentration as he chased kinver no4

Topbagger who was owning up to 5 kinvers................nice box topbagger

Heinzer looked happy..........

Whilst Cotti looked in agony.....

TrevorB was over the moon – he reckoned he was on for a PB grueller record weight........ Image

Zorro was on the dog and bone seeking divine inspiration.......

Back to me box...........
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

But before I did.........EPV gave me a little wry smile ;)

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

The next two hours flew by as I sacked up ..............or did I not  Image  .............the only other exciting things to report were that Tricast62 snared a kamikaze perch on the seed – must have been joker flavoured  :P  – Mike E snared a perch reported to be knocking the lb mark, :o  - and the ‘cream rose to the top’ (thats a personal joke by the way) when we heard cries of excitement as big Col T finally avoided the dreaded DNW  Image

4 hours up – thank god we didn’t fish 5 – and off with the scales

First to weigh in was EPV who’d sorted a few out on the punch.......

TrevorB with his PB grueller weight

Topbagger with a few

And finally the tale of the scales.......

PEG
1 PHIL B 0. 1.3
2 TRICAST62 0.3.2
3 BLUES4EVA 0.10.9 3rd
4 OBI aka CBA DNW
5 MIKE E 0.9.10 Section winner

6 BIG COL T 0.1.8
7 BIG COL  0.7.14 Section winner
8 TK DNW
9 KOD 0.6.15
10 TOPBAGGER 1.9.0 2nd

11 HEINZER 0.6.10 Section winner
12 COTTI DNW
14 TREVORB 0.4.12
15 ZORRO 0.6.0
16 MRV aka EPV 3.13.7 1st

So that was that.........

Well done MrV.............but Big Col is still starching his head as to ‘what went wrong’  Image  Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

You can even make a ball acre good reading TK  Image Image. Nice to see my old mucker OBI back out on the bank  Image Despite the result, and the fact I probably walked all the roach up to my end peg, I must say the outing was brilliant. The stretch does look the biz, but I think a few cold nights prior had ended our chances of a bagging session.  :-/ :-/ Great to see everyone still laughing and cracking jokes at the end, and taking it all in the friendly spirit these matches are run for.....top lads  Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Big Col is still starching his head

You got predictive texting on your pooter TK Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Big Col is still starching his head

You got predictive texting on your pooter TK  Image Image Image

After that ballacher it needs starching Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I probably walked all the roach up to my end peg,

Modesty modesty EPV Image

On a serious note - cuss I'm always trying to analyse what went wrong on our Extension matches - what did go wrong?

The section was full of stamp roach and skimmers - according to reports...... Image

Only the odd roach - apart from yours - put in a showing - and they were not the munsters I for one was expecting..... nearly all the other weights were comprised of a few small kinvers (perhaps I should have nicked a few choppies off you after all - but there again KOD and Big Col on adjoining pegs hardly set the world alight with em ........)

No skimmers at all Image

Was it the massive low air pressure that we experienced in the lead up to it that affected things Image Seen a few other results, they hardly set the world alight (apart from the framers)..........
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

well done bro another good result, Image
boss the deserves a 1st fo these write ups the just brill Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Bout time I pulled me finger out Tricast62........ Image

But I'm having a laff on these matches in OBI's CBA gang Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Great report TK and as I managed to "marmalise" my target weight of 3oz I consider the match to be progress , looking forward to the next one
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Brilliant report and picture TK Image Image
Really miss these matches Image Image

Or do I ....... Image Image
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Top Report TK  Image

Well done MrV  you looked proper posh in all that new clobber  Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

well done Paul...another class showing on a hard day, Image

1st time out properly in 6 months,really enjoyed it especially all the banter,not much to say on the fishing front coz the fish just cba as much as me really :D,,
Had a good laugh beforehand ,

TK.every pult in his box with bosted elastic,,

Big Col tellin me n Blues about how his other half was on her way with his worm n mole hill coz he forgot it and how she used to carry his kit to his peg for him,so i said "bloody ell ,you must have a big un to get her to do that",reply from Col..Nope just 20 stone to push the bugger in..Blues nearly choked laffin..

Tellign Blues on the next peg during a lull in the bites ,which i think lasted from approx 10am til 2.0pm that i had 8 kids and 14 grandkids,he nearly fell off his box and told me to find summat else to do :D :D

Sorry Gaz,dont want to spoil your image of me as a super stud but i forgot to mention 4 off them are step kids ,it was just the look on ya face Image Image Image

Tricast doing his best impression of a Jap sniper crawling along behind me so as not to cast a shadow and spook all the fish in my peg,,,got to be summat in there to scare first buddy,Oh and i was allowing that one and only bite i had to develop into a full on sail away to make sure Image Image

some plonker not putting the full length legs on the beam scales and Tk strolling past asking which midgets are doing the weigh in

and Big Col hanging back at the end behind his car just waiting to be clamped in the stocks..never seen such a big bloke look so sheepish Image Image Image

enjoyed every minute of it,,thank god for Mike with the scales coz i hadnt got a clue Image

Catchin fish !!! who needs em when you can have brilliant banter Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cracking OBI   Image   Just glad you C (ould) B A to pen that and remind us of those highlights of the day that made it all worthwhile Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

some plonker not putting the full length legs on the beam scales and Tk strolling past asking which midgets are doing the weigh in

Little Col????? Image Image
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Little Col?????  

CLASS Image Image

Obi  you got me in the top lip ya bar steward 
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

On a serious note - cuss I'm always trying to analyse what went wrong on our Extension matches - what did go wrong?

Reputation Intact still  Image Image Image Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

Obi  you got me in the top lip ya bar steward 

Best bite of the day Image Image Image
may of been some short fat bald bloke with glasses who hadnt got a clue or just CBA Image Image Image Image Image Image