If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 2 2014 - Herbie's Barston Bash

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Strapped for time at the mo as a few members will realise, so this is a micro report, similar what I spose as to what I ultimately weighed in........ :'(

Electing for a ‘short walk’ peg Image – and ‘enticing’ MrV to do the same Image I found myself in an area where at least the prevailing conditions were a little more ‘pleasant’ than some of the windswept pegs that some found themselves on the ‘high’ numbers.

With the sun out and with it being like a mill pond, the first thing to come out on arriving at peg 6 was the factor 10 !!! Image

According to Nigel pegs 1 – 12 weren’t favoured because of the apparent lack of F1s residing there – but that would suit me, could ‘focus’ on the silvers as this was after all a ‘silvers only match anyway. Image

The ‘area’ the walking wounded were in – taken much later in the day

Being a silvers match I thought I’d ‘try something different’. Image This was spotted by Herbie when he wandered back to the car just before the off as he commented ’Bloody hell Tone, you’re fishing a pool, not the cut’ :D

Well as things panned out the something ‘different’ didn’t work Image – and over the 5 hours or odd, neither did the g/b, Image the mag, Image the caster, Image the corn or the get out of jail Image double disco pinkie Image on that peg 6. Image

In fact we were having a bit of a grueller on those low numbers. Phil B had sneaked a few out, Harry the Hitman next door was dry before he called it a day with an hour to go and MrV struggled too until he put me to the sword with a bonus tinca and a few more stamp fish falling to the chop .............which I hadn’t got cuss no one had mentioned it being needed Image

In fact this little ‘bonus’ but ‘chuck back’ fish also took a liking to MrV’s chop

A couple of hours into the match, whilst scratting about, Herbie wandered past again – he still hadn’t had a bite. ‘Must be going to collect some secret bait out of the car’ I thought to myself...........

But a hour passed by with no sign of him returning. When he did finally materialise, he reported that MUFC had walloped the Villa 4 – 1. Crafty bugger – snuck off for a pint without me Image

Anyway to cut to the chase, on a personal front I had 8 bites (one of which was 5 seconds before the ‘all out’ and 3 hours plus since the last bite) to finish with 7 fish, of which i could only weigh 6..........bloody F1s :D

So onto the tale of the scales......

PEG
61 KOD Cashmores 7.6.0
60 DAZ WILLIAMS Cashmores 21.4.0
58 SARAH TAYLOR Herbies Crew 14.8.0
57 B JACKSON Herbies Crew 14.12.0
55 BIG COL Cashmores 18.10.0
54 HEINZER Cashmores 16.0.0
52 OBI Cashmores 11.8.0
51 THE MILKY BAR KID Cashmores 4.8.0
49 CARLOS Cashmores 9.0.0
45 TREVOR B Cashmores 5.12.0
41 MATT NUTT Herbies Crew 29.8.0
39 MIKE E Cashmores 17.15.0
33 HERBIE Herbies Crew DNW
31 DODDY Herbies Crew 13.8.0
30 YAMO Cashmores 7.6.0
28 IAN DAVIES Cashmores 18.6.0
27 ZORRO Cashmores 15.14.0
25 BIG BAZ Cashmores 13.10.0
24 SCONE Herbies Crew DNW
22 COCKADOODLEDOO Cashmores 10.0.0
21 FRED PARKER Herbies Crew 16.9.0
19 TRICAST62 Cashmores 9.2.0
18 COTTI Cashmores 2.10.0
16 DEADPEG Cashmores 19.12.0
15 BLUES4EVA Cashmores 6.0.0
13 F1 Cashmores 5.8.0
12 P BAILEY Herbies Crew 31.10.0
10 BRAMBLES Cashmores DNW
8 MRV Cashmores 9.2.0
6 TK Cashmores 3.0.0
4 HARRY THE HITMN Cashmores DNW
2 PHIL B Cashmores 5.8.0

Well done to all who had a few including our ‘Dazzla’ Image who won his first club trophy after we exclude the couple of ‘Herbies Crew’ weights at the top of the leader board

And ta for the invite Herbie Image – it was a first trip to the venue for a lot of our guys who enjoyed themselves 8-)
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Great "micro report" TK. As you say, it was bloody hard up our end, and the last time I let you talk me into a short walk  Image Image
Well done Daz on your first win as a Cashmores member...at last you have started listening to what I have taught you  Image Image
Nearly peed myself after the match listening to a certain member explaining his "new floating groundbait" method, which obviously worked as he weighed in 19lb odd and wiped out all the pegs where his groundbait had fed  Image Image
Also same said member having an embarrassing experience as a lady walked past his peg Image Image Over to you for the expanations Mr Windy Miller  Image Image Image Image Image
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

What an interesting match. It certainly provided a varied set of weights from all along the stretch. I for one would welcome the opportunity to match fish it again.
Very pleasing to see a young lady well up in the weights. I would have to cast the old mind back a good few years for the last time anyone of the fairer sex fished.
Perhaps we should invite Herbies crowd back to our midden.
Could sort the men (or lady) from the boys on a Mid-January grueller.
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

Nice read TK Image
Also same said member having an embarrassing experience as a lady walked past his peg
I would of paid good money to of seen that :D :D :D

well done Daz.. Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Good micro report TK , nice venue and would be interesting for us to reciprocate and invite Herbies crew to the W&E some day ?
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

would be interesting for us to reciprocate and invite Herbies crew to the W&E some day ?

He's fished it with 'us' a couple of times Trev, so he'd probably tell me to crappity smack off Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

so he'd probably tell me to crappity smack off 

thats what we all say after every grueller.. Image Image...but we keep coming back Image
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

I would of paid good money to of seen that    

Obi I'm surprised you never heard on peg 52 or smelt it for that matter

I actually asked dead peg if he had got something in his trousers to help him fart so load  Image Image

I'm surprised he never sh1t him self Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

Obi I'm surprised you never heard on peg 52

did hear summat rumbling in the distance and thought it was thunder,then realised it couldnt be coz we had clear blue skies,then i thought it was a plane taking off from the airport but nope nothing in sight Image,

then i realised..the familiar sound of deadpegs mating call..gently wafting down on the breeze.. Image Image Image
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

Unread post by carlos »

Sound report tk Image and we'll done daz Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

Carlos....have you fixed that broken zip on your bib n braces yet,coz it wont stay zipped up Image Image Image
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

Unread post by carlos »

Carlos....have you fixed that broken zip on your bib n braces yet,coz it wont stay zipped up  Image Image Image
Yes mate just carnt breath now Image

Unread post by Guest »

nice write up t/k thanks for the cheque. next year we are all going to cudmore pool 1. this is now a silvers only pool. same weekend tony and this time the lake is pay'd for by MFS. no arguments. as for our lot fishing your cut Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image more chance of TK weighing in 4lb Image Image Image Image Image Image thanks you all for making it such a good day . Image