If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

TK Grueller match 7 - Kodadoodledoo.........

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

That's all for now folks Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

is that clue in title boss to who got bird Image Image Image Image
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Kodadoodledoo
Image Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Image Image Very nice it was too Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Imagewas it that good TK Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Imagewas it that good TK  Image Image

Dead busy at the mo Joffie :P - hence the delay in the report

Without giving much away, despite the conditions - gales and rain - it wasn't a bad match Image

Gorra try and pen a few words and post the pickies up tomorrow Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Apart from the wind and rain I can’t remember much about this encounter now........ :D

What I can remember was vowing last year after successive matches that resulted in two trashed brollies that ‘I’d never fish in the rain again’

So what was I doing here on this latest grueller? Image

Well I’m gunna blame Heinzer. Image On Thursday he asked me if I’d put him down for it. ‘Nope’ I told him.

‘You’d better put me down then’ was his retort and he added ‘Can you get us any caster?’ So the caster was duly ordered with the Warburton King........

Friday saw 80 mile an hour winds, but the promise from the forecasters was that they’d die down overnight........ Image

Roll forward to 7am Sat.......weather didn’t seem so bad. Image Dry and didn’t look too windy. Till Heinzer rolled up to pick me up – just as we pulled away, tell tale spots appeared on the windscreen. Image Well the one saving grace was that Big Col T was gunna peg out, so I wouldn’t get soaked sorting that out.

As I sat in the car by the side of the cut, Big Col T returned back a ‘little damp’ with the news he’d ‘pegged the boats out, there’s just a nice ripple down there’. ::) ::) ::) Big Col T, our benevolent match sponsor once again had donated a cock-a-doodle-doo that was going to the person catching a ‘mystery’ weight today. Image Well it wasn’t that mysterious as I knew what that weight was, Image but kept on the QT in case anyone ‘doctored’ the contents of their net at the end to suit

Pegged out, I sauntered with gear down to New Pelsall Rd bridge and the draw was conducted under the shelter it provided. To be honest, draw concluded, I didn’t wanna move – never mind having to hike down to peg 9. Everyone wandered off to their respective pegs and after 5 minutes contemplation I decided I’d better follow them......... :-/

On my way I passed the usual drawbags Image on the early numbers :P Image ........ and started setting up in the threatening rain. Just a couple of rigs were set up – they would have to do today as with 10 mins to go the heavens emptied – the brolly was futile as the wind was whistling through. Image

The off and a look at the punch short. In fact although i plumbed up ‘long’ as well – well at about 9 mtrs, 99.5% of my fishing for the next 4 hours was on the short lines and I only had one look longer.

A few punch roach put in an appearance and after about an hour on fish no12 I decided to do an ‘Olly and OBI’ Image and ‘adjusted’ the rig cuss things had slowed down........... and it immediately ‘burried’ Image

But not the rutilus I was expecting Image ..........as a micro kinver tiger had taken a liking to the punch. Ditto fish no 14 !!! :o With no more wasps showing it was back to the original depth and fish 15 to 18 went into the net

It was slow, so a look on the short chop line...........dragging, lifting finally enticed a bite as a 3oz kinver took a liking to a 1” piece of worm. This was followed by another 5 or 10 mins later, but these were obviously lone rangers as no more bites followed :'(

At about 12.30pm a critical moment...........back on the punch and a bite, lackie came out and a 12oz skimmer surfaced. Image Shipped back to take two sections off and as I was picking up the landing net a gust nearly snatched the top 3 out of my hands Image ........with the result that the snottie ‘came off’. Image Image Image ‘Ah well’ or words to that effect I thought as I went to add another piece of punch only to find the end of the PR31 had snapped off in the process. >:(

Well it seemed to take an eternity for me in that wind and rain to get another replacement hook out and tie it up..........by which time that shoal of snotties in front of me must have moved off, cuss I couldn’t buy another bite.

With the rain having ceased for a bit I decided to get the lens out and take a picture or two of those guys fortunate to be on the sheltered mill pond pegs :P at the far end who were reported to be bagging up Image

Sitting on a(nother) flyer was our benevolent poultry farmer, Big Col T

OBI having a dip into the secret bait box

KOD on the wag

TrevorB was snaring a few

Back on peg 9, with just another 4 fish put into the net in that last hour I was glad to hear the whistle and see the scales come down...........

PEG
2 HEINZER 0.13.8
3 COTTI 2.15.0
4 MIKE E 2.0.4
5 OBI 2.0.0
6 KOD 0.12.13
7 BIG COL T 1.3.6
8 BIG COL 2.13.4
9 TK 1.15.8
10 TREVOR B 1.2.4

Cotti had found some nice caster fish late on, whilst Mike E latched into, and landed, a 6lb essox lucius on his favoured chop

And hats off to TrevorB who’s persevered on the gruellers and came up trumps with a new P B Image Image

Meanwhile, who won their Sunday dinner..............?

Twas KODadoodledoo Image

olly

Unread post by olly »

Great read again :) I've been back I dunno how many times waiting to have a read :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

That bloody KODs a jammy git....comes last in the match and wins a bloody dinner.....well done KOD bout time you had a pick up having stuck out all the gruellers this year. The things you dingles put yourselves through to pull a bird Image Image Image Image Image Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Great write up again TK and the fact I broke the magical pound barrier was ( almost ) worth enduring the wind & rain again.

Looking forward to a few " guest " appearances as you roll into the new Cashmores season proper .

Tight lines
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

Good read TK Image

Considering the weather I don't think the weights were to bad,lost a few fish myself due to the wind and spent far to long chasing caster fish,by the time went back to punch line they were gone,2 1 ouncers in last hour n half done me,should of stuck to whati know best Image

Well done Cotti Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

And that peg has framed inn last 3 matches...a 1st 2nd and 3rd.. Image
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

We all had fish on sat, if the weather had been better maybe we would have caught more? Still one more grualler to go , Looking forward to it Image Image