If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Drennan waterproofs

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
daveyboy

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by daveyboy »

Well after many years my Gortex clothing as seen better days, A lot better if the truth be known, I have read that drennans new waterproofs are 25000 waterproof, and 10000 wind proof, (whatever 25000 &10000 means), is anyone on the forum using these waterproofs?
Thanks
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by joffmiester »

Many years of Goretex day why change you oversily know how to look after them .I once read 100% waterproof means the the time it delivered toyou and after you have warn it outside its up to you to look after it and depending on the way you look after it whether it stays 100% .sometime i look at anglers think they just cant be waterproof anymore Image
daveyboy

Drennan waterproofs

I know what you mean joff, but after 14 years they are on their last legs
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by bill yards »

I am on my second set of Goretex; the jacket sleeves have gone first on mine.
I know the are silly expensive but I still think they are the best you can get Image
Squatt Head
Personal Text: Maybe I'll draw a flyer
one day!!!!!

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by Squatt Head »

The Drennan Waterproofs are well good! they have a better waterproof capacity than gortex
Gortex is 20000 mm and Drennan as 25000 mm
The lads sat out in all that shitty weather at the weekend in them DRY AS A BONE!!!!
And they are alot cheaper than Gortex aswell
Give em a go!!!!!
darkhorse

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by darkhorse »

anybody tried drennan out long term, in past used cheaper alternatives, after a couple of downpours lose their waterproofing and never get it back, i have 2 sets of goretex spot on never let me down
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by big_cup »

14 years for around £500 sheets!! whats that £35 a year?

That must surely answer your own question that you shouldn't be changing??? Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
darkhorse

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by darkhorse »

good point big cup, personally cant see myself coming away from goretex, had too many damp sessions in other makes
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by big_cup »

Likewise, I have sat in some ridiculas weather in my gortex and nothing has got through it. Lads have tried other makes and come back soaked in same session. Ok it may be double the price of some but it is genuinely better than most and has a longer life span if its looked after correctly. Just renewed my bib and brace last year and had the ones with the removable thermal ligning in there place, I can say hand on heart I have fished every week and am yet to need my thermal clothing on, admitted we haven't had a harsh winter but a couple of sessions have been around zero. They are good enough for me Image Image
sharki

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by sharki »

ive got a set of gortex and a set of protak and I can honestly say the protak are as good but you carnt get em as they have retired and the gortex is hh before anybody asks.but id be interested in the liners can you get them to fit older sets because as you lads well know they are not the warmest but deffinatley one of the driest
daveyboy

Drennan waterproofs

I think you are right lads, I will give Sandra a call tomorrow
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by big_cup »

ive got a set of gortex and a set of protak and I can honestly say the protak are as good but you carnt get em as they have retired and the gortex is hh before anybody asks.but id  be interested in the liners can you get them to fit older sets because as you lads well know they are not the warmest but deffinatley one of the driest

Depends how old they are Sharki, check inside your bib and brace, if there is a few strips of Velcro appearing to do nothing then the liners can be attached, only problem is I needed to go slightly bigger in size to allow for them but you may already have enough room? The thermal liner goes from just above the knee to the tops of the brace which keeps the heat in around your lower back and tops of your legs Image
sharki

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by sharki »

cheers for that I will have a look tomorrow mate how much are they off top of your head and are they worth it as its been a mild winter so far ive just worn trousers n a windstopper fleece and been fine but could be worth getting for next year as they are quite an old set but loads of life left in them yet
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by big_cup »

Not sure how much the liners are on there own and to be honest I cant remember what I paid for the bib and brace lined. Probably not going to be much use to you now as you say after a mild winter but worth investing in for next winter :-/ :-/
sharki

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by sharki »

ive looked earlier no Velcro inside my bib n brace maybe too old for the liners but may get a price if I can get a colour that would go with the protak blue stuff that's lined then maybe that's the way to go as then I could use bib n brace when it gets to propper winter like tomorrow it looks like my skeetex may get used first time this year as im off on a local bit of canal punch fishing Image
sam

Drennan waterproofs

Unread post by sam »

I brought some last week. They are really good (admittedly that is based only on 2 rainy sessions).. It was the breathability that lead me to buy them over prestons df 20 or similar.