If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Club Fees 2014 season

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Club Fees 2014 season

Unread post by Dave C »

Following a visit to Claygate lakes yesterday I have been able to arrange 2 dates to fish Lake Sophie and Lake Eva, dates are on the fixture list.

We still have a possible gap in both April and September which I am not sure if I should fill as we have quite a few dates already. I could bring Lake eva forward from the end of October to mid September and make Hartleylands on 5th October our last match.

I have been considering trying Orchard Farm lakes which isn't very far from Claygate. The two match lakes (one is only 20 tight pegs the other is 60 pegs but looks a bit open from the pics) are very much f1 dominated and in the past reported as being small fish. I got to speak with the owner yesterday and he said there are plenty of bream tench and barbel if you can get through the F1s. But F1s shallow will win the match.

The only problems I have with booking the place is that it will mean most of our matches will be in Kent and a bit out of the way for a lot of members. Im not sure suit the majority of our members.

Your thoughts would be very much appreciated please.

Finally I believe due to the extra venues this year plus cost increases, that it would be prudent to raise club fees to £35 per member but keep match entry fees the same at £6 for members and £11 for guests. The pools as usual £2 for sections .
grahammanning
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Club Fees 2014 season

Unread post by grahammanning »

Dave,

I know you don't like the Canal Lake at Mill Barn but I'm going to say this anyway! I fished it a couple of weekends ago and in 4 hours must have netted over 50lbs of mainly silvers. It was a fish a chuck mainly bream up to 4lb, tench to 3lb along with reasonable roach and rudd. Only 4 carp up to 3lb, plus there are some big perch in there too. What's more is that it's only half to 3/4 hour from the M25, we can book the whole lake and the car park is right by the water. And, of course, it's in Essex!

Graham
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Club Fees 2014 season

Unread post by Tel »

If we get a repeat of this winter then the end of October might be a bit late, personally I'd move it to September :) :)
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Club Fees 2014 season

Unread post by Dave C »

Graham
it's only half to 3/4 hour from the M25
I think you may be a little optimistic there especially on a Saturday coming home.

Most of us will be at Hartleylands so why don't we all sort it out then. Image
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Club Fees 2014 season

Unread post by Spamwham »

Dave - I think its fair enough to increase the club fee - must be a good few years since it last went up.

Agree with Tel that Claygate Eva would be better in Sept.

We definitely need another match in April - 7 weeks is a big gap and its a good time of year to fish. If you want to avoid another Kent booking then maybe we should go back to Puddledock and give it another try.

Alternatively is it worth giving Southend Farm in Waltham Abbey another go - we went there once many years ago - does anyone have any up to date info on it?

Both these venues have breakfast facilities although its possible that they may not be available on the dates you want, in which case we could still fill the gap with a knock up at Hawkhurst as in previous years (as Mentioned elsewhere).

Suggest we decide and book something asap Image
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Club Fees 2014 season

Unread post by Spamwham »

By the way I always enjoyed Churchgate Lakes - would be happy to give that another go. As a last resort maybe even Pea Lane although I reckon its very peggy.