If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller No5 2014 – Dow feed em owt........

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Better pen a few words about this one

a) Before I totally forget what happened or
b) Before the missus chucks the results away Image

18 hardy fools gruellerites turned out for this latest classic as Yamo took charge of the pegs and dropped 19 on the towpath with no 17 having gone mysteriously missing Image

1 to 8 were on the boatyard, with 9 to 20 the other side of the new bridge heading south. Draw done and dusted as I found myself on 7..........once again with OBI for company to my left when I finally got there. Image

Peg 7 was exactly the same spot as the peg that I’d fished last time on the boats. Hadn’t exactly set the world on fire that day – failing to bust the lb – would it be any better today?

Here’s a reminder of the peg – not before the off but taken with about ½ hour to go as I needed a gypsies :D

10am and Heinzer whistled up. 3 punch lines were fed along with a choppy & caster spot.

5 minutes passed without any reaction to the float Image but OBI was first to avoid the dreaded DNW as he snared a small silver on.........guess what, 3 guesses and 2 dont count as he only had one bait with him, such was his confidence in it ;)

Down the towpath to the right the odd landing net was being put out to use :o and a few minutes later I avoided the dreaded too.......... Image

A few more bits followed from a couple of lines over the next 24 mins before it was time to move onto that renowned and classic OBI snotty line Image Image to see if owt was there........ Image

And whey hey – after about 5 mins, a tentative dip of the tip followed 10 secs later by the float sliding away.........a lift..........and no 2 lackie came sliding out. Image

A typical OBI snottie graced the landing net a minute or so later Image

To cut a long story short that OBI snottie was followed over the next hour or so by 4 of his bros Image before the line totally died after yielding a concluding couple of ½ oz silvers :'(

Time to exploit that carefully nurtured choppy line........ Image Image Image

First look on it, lift, drag, lift and drag. On the 3rd drag the float zipped under............gorra be a lb plus kinver tiger Image

But it wasn’t – it was a 4oz rutilus – not what I was expecting, the kinvers would follow, as sure as night follows day, wouldn’t they?

After lifting and dragging the chop for another 5 mins, it went again......... Image

And rutilus no 2 was netted

Another look and finally a kinver .......... but less that ½ oz. Image Looks like I need some lessons from Mike E – kinver tiger captor extraordinaire 8-) - as that was the last bite on the chop. In fact, although we were only 2 hrs in, it turns out it was virtually last bite anyway as in the last two hours only about another 2oz of silvers graced my net. :'(

Whereas in those last 2 hrs OBI and Yamo either side were gunning me down Image Image Image...........in fact OBI was perfecting a new method for the Extension – I won’t reveal what in case he wants to steal a march on us all and keep it all hush hush Image Image Image

Has he got another un on? Image

Dont tell me Yamo’s in again Image

Carlos had come down halfway through and advised The Milky Bar Kid was ‘bagging’ and that MrV had had a few netters so when Heinzer signalled the end of the 4 hrs all I’d got hopes of was a default section win as OBI in my section had wiped me out with that run of stamp rudd

It seemed an eternity as having packed up we waited for Batman and Robin to appear with the scales

‘6lb to beat’ announced Batman Tricast62 as he finally approached

OBI weighed in – no wonder he’s so quick with the pole and so hard to beat – he’s got 4 arms :P

Realizing he might be disqualified he quickly tucked his 2nd set of arms away :D

OBI then obliged and took this snap of some geezer with half a head, just to prove to Bullah that the camera does work..... Image

Batman and Robin Tricast62 and The Milky Bar Kid trotted off to weigh in the lower nos and this was the tale of the scales when the result sheet came back.......

PEG
1 ZORRO 3.11.8 2nd
2 BLUES4EVA 2.13.7 Section winner
3 MIKE E 1.1.5
4 TABBO DNW
5 TREVOR B 0.7.4
6 YAMO 2.12.6

7 TK 3.11.5 3rd
8 OBI 4.0.0 1st
9 JOSH 2.1.14
10 PHIL B 0.13,7
11 TRICAST62 2.15.8 Section winner
12 COTTI 1.12.9

13 HEINZER 0.10.5
14 MRV 1.12.5 Section winner
15 THE HUNTER 1.3.0
18 BIG COL 0.14.0
19 BIG COL T 0.5.0
20 KOD 0.3.10

The cut hadn’t fished to bad, but the results could have been a bit better as the usual tales of woe emerged from a few of lost bonus fish Image

Anyhow – hats off to CBA OBI Image - it’s almost time for grueller no 6 Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

3 drams TK  Image Image
Should of chucked some stones in the cage too  Image Image

Great report and piccies  Image Image

Well done Obi Image Image
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Nice report Tk  Image

well done Obi

is his new method CBA to feed anything ?? :D :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Image Image ImageBLOODY HELL TK !! ever heard of the tea bag trick 3.11.5 and 3.11.8 was second i'm sure if you'd of spat on them you would of been equal second Image Image Image Image Image
they do look fish filled pegs on them boats :o :o :o
humpy
Match Team/ Club: Railway tavern a/c

Unread post by humpy »

Nice one OBI, good to see you catching a few snotti's Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Image Peg 7's not just any old peg... TK Image

Its The Gerry Rafferty Peg :D :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

is his new method CBA to feed anything ?? :D :D

Looks like CBA has gone all quiet on us with his new top secret method Image ;)
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

top secret method

some may say i am a one trick pony with my liccy/punch but i now have another one up my sleeve,its called a Carlos i believe. Image Image cheers mate Image Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

might let the cat out the bag later...trouble is it will really p!ss off a couple of moaning minnies if i do Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

well.as i said in another thread i really enjoyed saturdays Image,one of those rare days where everything went right for a change from the draw almost right to the end when putting gear into the motor,

Pulled out peg 8 which was 1st peg in boatyard which is probably my favourite Image peg on the whole stretch having drawn it twice before in Image/club matches and winning both times so was well happy,as i usually do only fish 3 lines on there,bottom of near shelf,half way up far shelf at about 10m and and tight to the boats 12m (which i dont usually bother with unless really struggling) but Image just in case Image
Had TK on next peg so at least i would get my piccie took Image and my nemesis on next peg down which is Yamo Image
Like TK said only took punch and liccy solely because thats the one method i am really comfortable with and i can usually make it work to a point,fed my 2 chosen lines whith a small nuggett of liccy ignoring the far line not really intending to fish it (hate fishing long :D :D ) and started off on the 10 m line and after about 5 mins a little dip then the float buried and a nice little 2oz roach was netted (to make sure i didnt dnw) :D ,straight back out and straight into another but this time a nice little rudd a tad bigger,fed a nuggett of liccy every 2 fish :D and kept them coming steady foe about half hour but they were getting noticeably smaller Image,this line dried up completley after an hour so decided to try inside line and and caught from 1st put in but very small fish and this only lasted about 20 mins so back on 10m line and caught ...nowt,,,dropped in down the track just to see and float buried within seconds for a decent little skimmer a bout 4oz but it was just a one off,whilst trying there saw a decent fish top about 13 m to my left so without altering my rig which was set about 3 and half foot dropped in over the top of it and ..bugger all Image

Decided to try the dreaded 13m line which is very shallow at about 18inches but while but last 2 sections on which where covered in dust n cobwebs coz i really hate fishing long (have i mentioned i hate fishing long Image Image)i had to move my pole out of the way to let a walker past who i think was Carlos i dropped this shallow rig in over wher i had seen the earklier fish top in about 3-4 foot off water and the float buried instantly with a nice rudd about 4oz on, Image,tried it again and same happened again so had to make a decision ..feed or no feed ?..decided on no feed and they just kept coming regular for last hour or so,so thats the secret,get youself a carlos and dont feed Image Image

Spose it was pure luck really and sorry to end on a sour note but just because i dont use a £1000 pole ,sit on a £500 box and wear all the latest branded gear dont mean i dont know how to fish,it was just a shame the day was marred slightly by a few comments overheard at the end...not an expert at it by any means but love my punch fishing and would ,on the right day give most anglers of the same ability a run for their money no matter what they use ..Rant over Image

sorry about the pic tk,,,am i banned now Image Image
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

Good win obi Image nice net of fish,
sure tk will forgive you for the piccy this time,he don't usually get a picky of himself with fish Image Image Image Image
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

Unread post by carlos »

Well done obi good mate Image
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

Unread post by carlos »

Great report t.k Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Obi , good update on TKs match report , you drawing favourite peg and then things happening right - nice day out .

Tight lines
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Spose it was pure luck really and sorry to end on a sour note but just because i dont use a £1000 pole ,sit on a £500 box and wear all the latest branded gear dont mean i dont know how to fish,it was just a shame the day was marred slightly by a few comments overheard at the end...not an expert at it by any means but love my punch fishing and would ,on the right day give most anglers of the same ability a run for their money no matter what they use ..Rant over 

As per your comments OBI, I have "pinched" this comment from TK's signature:

"Envy is the weapon of the incompetent". Nuff said  Image Image

Well done mate, keep doing what you do best, and you will get rewards  Image Image
The_Hunter

Unread post by The_Hunter »

Great report t.k well fished OBI Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

thanks lads... Image...apologies for the grumps :)
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

time to move onto that renowned and classic OBI snotty line      to see if owt was there........    

And whey hey – after about 5 mins, a tentative dip of the tip followed 10 secs later by the float sliding away.........a lift..........and no 2 lackie came sliding out. 

Thats a fiver you owe me Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

time to move onto that renowned and classic OBI snotty line      to see if owt was there........    

And whey hey – after about 5 mins, a tentative dip of the tip followed 10 secs later by the float sliding away.........a lift..........and no 2 lackie came sliding out. 

Thats a fiver you owe me  Image Image

Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

or you can show me how you catch them big billies on the worm Image