If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Flat floats

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
sam

Flat floats

Unread post by sam »

Hi guys.

I've bought myself a selection of Crulusso flat floats to try on the Warwickshire Avon. I'm struggling to find anything online which relates to float selection? I would like to know a guide to which size to use in relation to flow and depth?  Any help would be appreciated :)

Sam
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Flat floats

Unread post by MrWright »

Which ones have you bought sam, and how deep is the stretch your fishing?
sam

Flat floats

Unread post by sam »

I've bought 5,6 and 8 gram floats and the stretch is around 12ft I've been told (I've not actually visited it yet!). Another water I intend to use them on is around 15ft with a strong current.
Rigga
Personal Text: Love match fishin
Match Team/ Club: Shakespeare Superteam

Flat floats

Unread post by Rigga »

You will need some lighter ones for evesham if you were in the deep pegs bellow the cafe on a low river.

To find the correct weight of float to use u need to lower a rig in the water at the distance you want to fish out. Then hold the rig dead still for a few seconds. The angle the float bristle sticks out of the water determines if the float is the correct weight. Ideally the bristle will stick out of the water vertically like a flag pole this is bang on. If the float tip leans upstream the float is to light. if the bristle leans downstream the float is to heavy.

These floats are not easy to master. Other points, the floats can work better slightly overshotted. Putting the pole tip a couple on inchs below the water surface helps the float not to ride out of the water.

Good luck
sutty

Flat floats

Unread post by sutty »

i found while fishing the river don in winter with extra water on if u needed a 4g float to run through without it riding up then a 2g flat float was surfice.if you cannot get a round bodied float to run through without riding up then a 4g flat float inched through was the way,if a 4g flat float rides up then its shagged the fish ull be in the sides n behind snags.i also found for small fish anything over 4g then u get the register of the bite after its spat it out hope this help Image Image Image
sam

Flat floats

Unread post by sam »

Thanks guys
Ian_baker
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen
Sponsor: Matrix, Dynamite

Flat floats

Unread post by Ian_baker »

I'm not fully confident using them. I've heard about people fishing double bulk and others just ollivete.Getting the float to cock right has always been a problem I've found.
sutty

Flat floats

Unread post by sutty »

I'm not fully confident using them. I've heard about people fishing double bulk and others just ollivete.Getting the float to cock right has always been a problem I've found.
i just keep adding shot until the float dont ride up when holding back hard but doing that it will sink if u let it go without inching it thro