If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Stink bags ??????

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Stink bags ??????

Unread post by joffmiester »

Stink bags do they transport diseases and parasites from venue to venue without us really thinking about it Image Image like the knotted nets do we need to let anglers know .Stink nets have been a massive success in the trade and most anglers up and down the country use them whether its one net or three nets various Stink bags are on the market . why i ask this is over the dinner time period we have a lot EA workers coming in for cobs and filled rolls as we have a big depot here in Rothley. I'm always chatting about one thing or another and its always about fish and fishing yesterday and for a few weeks its been about the of flooding and how it affects the fisheries that have totally flooded and there fish stocks what happens :-/ :-[ :-/. These fish must naturally make their way into our rivers and other lakes and the same must happen with disease and parasites Image Image all washed from one to the other species like sturgeons and catfish Image . Earlier this season in the summer the Great ouse was infested with a killer shrimp Image and it was only on the day of the National competitors were told . As we chatted about this one said" there is nothing worse for carrying desease than the bags you anglers use to put your nets in" >:( !![the stink bag] A little taken back by this >:( :( so i deffended the product and said how good they were from stopping the car from smelling and soaking the car through until you get home where you can throw your nets on the grass to dry. He answered with" your one of the good one's then" and perhaps he had a point :-? how many anglers leave there nets in a stink until the next fishing trip which could well be the following week Image . these nets never dry out and often you will end up with inches of lake,river or commercial water in them .How much water will the extra large Stink bag hold after three nets have been used more than enough to keep any parasite alive for a week. Like Joe Carass has pointed out about the knotted nets being elegal perhaps a little awareness could be taken and asking anglers to dry there keepnets and empty there stink bags before anglers and fish suffer in the long run . Packington fisheries along with quiet a few now have a policy were you have to lay your nets out on the bank to dry way before the start of the match and if you don't you don't fish . I feel its a valid point they are making and with the spring and summer coming its not hard to dry your nets out properly  Image Image Image        
damo28
Personal Text: Fishing is the way of life
Match Team/ Club: Dog and Partridge angling club.

Stink bags ??????

Unread post by damo28 »

Good point joff Image i dont peronally hand my to dry but i use a bag with drains hole which i leave open to dry in the shed
wiggley worm
Match Team/ Club: BAA / MALLARDS AC

Stink bags ??????

Unread post by wiggley worm »

I use stink bags for transport but I will always wash my nets and bag out and leave to dry after every outing a routine I have always done
darkhorse

Stink bags ??????

Unread post by darkhorse »

years ago anglers that never dried their nets used to get frowned upon but nowadays with fisheries having dip tanks made us lazy, most of these fisheries dont use dip tanks any more, i've seen many an angler tipping water out of his stink bag before walking to his peg, personally i did this when i got home,

think we all need re-educating
Sluicer

Stink bags ??????

Unread post by Sluicer »

Stink bags are great for stopping water from nets getting on your other gear and the car and stopping the smell - that's all really.

The only way to completely stop the transportation of diseases and water-borne infections from place to place via nets is to completely dry them after each use. Logically, that means drying the bag they're carried in as well.