If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone
Personal Text: Joan Is Fit
Match Team/ Club: N/A
Sponsor: E.F.C

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by Bonanza216 »

Young uns motty! Speak for ya self, I am only 25 cocka Image
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Young uns motty! Speak for ya self, I am only 25 cocka Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by lloydy »

25 and 25 is 50 cocka
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Very Good Lloydy :D
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Chris its good to see You have your mojo back Mate !
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Just a thought !
The cost of the fish off to an unsponsored angler.
I will base this cost on a 300 mile round trip (prob. below the average) and on a tight budget.
1. Bait. (4 days)
bloodworm /joker £60.
5kg leam/soil/groundbait. £72
maggots/casters/worms/pinkies/hemp £40
2. Entrance/ pools/£100
3. digs £105 (3 nights)
4. food and drink £100 (very tight budget !)
5. fuel £60
6. For some loss in wages £250.
7. tackle bought for the venue £30
The total for this is £817 I think and that has to be the bare minimum.
Food for thought.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by joffmiester »

I love team fishing more than any individual event by a country mile and my fondest memories are nationals, super league and winter league finals on the Nene but I can't see these events happening ever again on that magnitude, the atmosphere on the tidal Trent this year just didn't feel like a big final.   There seems to be more recognition theses days for anglers that stay on the same venue 3 times a week fishing against 15 to 20 anglers then writing on forums how good they are than anglers who want to fish big matches so if you're a young angler which way are you going to go

very well put lloydy Image Image
Everyone years ago moaned like crappity smack that match fishing should be more professional, now every crappity smack don`t want to fish a professional match :-/. Don`t make sense to me, forget what the ATs taking for the moment (I must add that the AT stewards at the weekend were there for the love of the sport and never got paid just their expenses, which I have on good authority).
Seven thousand pound to the winning team to cover the costs of the World club champs and anglers bottled out.
Some teams may have not wanted to fish due to funds BUT I know teams did not want to fish against Barnsley and Dorking because they are too good.
This why team fishing is going lady lumps up IMO no one wants to learn anymore.

again totally agree
after talking to bicko after this year world club championship if you haven't the man balls to fish against starlets dorking and barnsley your right in the SH#T as Bicko said all the teams are international standard when you get out there
he also said the experience is second to none and dodge will back that up from the sensas final Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

PLEASE EXPLAIN

but looking at what choppy has just put up thats the main reason MONEY
the only thing i add to that list is sponsored anglers as well how many team sponsors would fork out that amount sponsorship within team fishing isn't that good teams like dorking starlets and barnsley have mostly individual sponsored anglers
a good team nowerdays needs lucky rich anglers full stop
the queen
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: D.N.W

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by the queen »

Queenie how far are you prepared to travel mate if a league got off the ground
Joff if a league got off the ground itwould have to be regional as the drennan used to be. top 2 teams qualify for final then maybe third place from each region have a fish off for another last chance to get in the final which would be in the following summer on a decent venue, natural preferbly.
That way the qualifying teams will have plenty of time to prepare or some cases save money up to attend/afford. Gives you a sense of being on a more level playing field..
Can only blame your selves if things didn't go to plan rather than the old 'we didn't have time to practise or couldn't afford the match at such short notice'..

It isn't that hard to make an event fair for everyone just a bit of thought.
The super league was spot on!
marko sbc
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: sensas black country
Sponsor: sensas/fosters

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by marko sbc »

wholeheartedly agree queenie, been saying the same for ages meself, even spoke to joff and a few other captains about it, regional is the way forward imo
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Queenie how far are you prepared to travel mate if a league got off the ground   
Joff if a league got off the ground itwould have to be regional as the drennan used to be. top 2 teams qualify for final then maybe third place from each region have a fish off for another last chance to get in the final which would be in the following summer on a decent venue, natural preferbly. 
That way the qualifying teams will have plenty of time to prepare or some cases save money up to attend/afford.  Gives you a sense of being on a more level playing field.. 
Can only blame your selves if things didn't go to plan rather than the old 'we didn't have time to practise or couldn't afford the match at such short notice'..

It isn't  that hard to make an event fair for everyone just a bit of thought.
The super league was spot on!
wholeheartedly agree queenie, been saying the same for ages meself, even spoke to joff and a few other captains about it, regional is the way forward imo

This is a plan that i have for the future to bring back this sort of competition
Regional yes but how many teams are left in each region take our winter league 7 teams its great but only two or three might be interested in this sort of competition
i tried to get a sensas cips league off the ground the same teams wanted none of the others did so that why i said how far are you prepared to travel
there was nothing better back then then traveling to new venues meeting the same faces i'm sure the tide will turn
the queen
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Joff i'm with you on enjoying fishing new venues, cant beat it..
As for enough interest... i think fishing regional matches in the summer time when fish are feeding freely will be more appealing to the angler than travelling miles in the winter to possibly not catch a pound of fish.
I love winter leagues and always will, but to keep team fishing going we need a summer league up and running again.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by Dodge »

and dodge will back that up from the sensas final

Yepp fantastic event over in France , they certainly know how to run proper matches on natural proper venues over there ........ caught crappity smack all like but amazing experience all the same !   ::)  Image  Image  Image Image
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by Chris V »

Just out of intrest who always use to win the Super league if final"...................

DORKING

And you all yellow stream and moaned about that. ImageImage
the queen
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Just out of intrest who always use to win the Super league if final"...................

No shame in coming 2nd to dorking in any final..
Love the chance to do it again under same format as super league ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

PLEASE EXPLAIN

DORKING

And you all yellow stream and moaned about that.  ImageImage

Image Image Image

No shame in coming 2nd to dorking in any final..
Love the chance to do it again under same format as super league  ;)

Image Image Image

This seems the best format
i'm even thinking of giving up Team fishing to run such a competition as i feel to do it right would mean putting as much work into the organising as it would the fishing once it takes off perhaps come back into the fishing After running a fair few matches myself so upto 200 pegs its becomes pointless trying to fish as well
to get team fishing back on the map A YOU NEED THE BACKING OF TEAMS LIKE BARNSLEY ,STARLETS AND DORKING B you well need committed teams and no jokers C you need the organiser to be in full control D money should always be paid in front of the event
communication is perhaps the most important part to any good event choice of venue the time of year for this venue its all there for the taking
BUT !! and its a big But is it needs a backer and to be honest perhaps not just money each round could be taken on by a individual sponser Sensas Drennan Dynamite Bait-teck Preston Martrics
if the UK champs can be a success i'm sure a team event run on the same lines whether its 4 or 6 matches it could just save team fishing plus take it out of the hands of the ATs
the queen
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

PLEASE EXPLAIN

sounds good joff..
I,m sure there will be teams in the north west that would get involved.
10 man teams would be a struggle i think prob 6 or 8 man teams for the first year to get the interest back for it innitially.
Like you say it needs a big name like the ones you mentioned to back it Image
Sluicer

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by Sluicer »

I can think of several NW teams who might be interested in this proposal Joff. It's finally permeating through the ranks just what the AT have been doing & there are a lot of unhappy people around & about.
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Teams off ten has gone, 6 to 4 is where it's going, and pools should be 15 sheets with a good pay out, middlewich, crewe league, Stafford winter league good venues, well run matches
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Unread post by MrWright »

It sounds great, It would defo have to be teams of 6-8. The last super league I fished there were 4 teams involved, but that's when it was teams of 10. I'm sure it would work but whoever decides to run it NEEDS to listen to the opinions of all teams/anglers wanting to fish.