If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Div 1 National Top Ten Fish Off

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Never been down there Mullarkey, not sure what or where cross drove is. How's it been fishing do you know? Going up there in the morning.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

I thought the national was paid out in sections of 14, how come section winners picked up £120?
my check is for £112

You pay £10 section money so how can you get £112?
If you look there is 5% taken from the pools for the cheque writing  ;) ;) ;)

Might of spoke too soon    looking at the pools sheet for Div1 why have they had £302.00OUT OF THE POOLS PLUS 56X £190.00 entrance fee where's that going ok some has to cover the cost of the HQ, signs but £10.640.00 plus the £1,190.00 from the individual national
so in one week the trust have taken off the members a staggering £11,830.00surely questions need ASKING

dazzla
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Sensas

Unread post by dazzla »

my check is for £112

You pay £10 section money so how can you get £112?
If you look there is 5% taken from the pools for the cheque writing  ;) ;) ;)

Might of spoke too soon    looking at the pools sheet for Div1 why have they had £302.00OUT OF THE POOLS PLUS 56X £190.00 entrance fee where's that going ok some has to cover the cost of the HQ, signs but £10.640.00 plus the £1,190.00 from the individual national
so in one week the trust have taken off the members a staggering £11,830.00surely questions need ASKING

If the section pools are £10 the winner should receive £140 and not £112 .
That means £28 or 20% of the pools money has gone missing Image
Over the 40 section winners that equals £1120 .
£28 to write a section winners cheque seems a bit excessive !!!!!!!!!!
When are the AT publishing balance sheets ?????????
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Dazzala its not just a balance sheet it needs splitting down into sections with this wall of silence each and every match angler should be concerned where this money ends up as its not going towards competitions !! its not going towards our No1 national teams

we haven't even got a national venue to hold a world championship anymore  >:(

the more i think about it the best option i can see is to split the A/Ts in two and keep the competition side separate
we all said the darts wouldn't survive but look at the sport of darts now ;) ;) ;) ;)
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

Sam,

Littleport is fishing really well, a polish angler the other day had three zander, four big pike and numerous perch over two pound.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Sam,

Littleport is fishing really well, a polish angler the other day had three zander, four big pike and numerous perch over two pound.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image I LIKE THAT
the queen
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: D.N.W

Unread post by the queen »

Sorry I have to disagree....There is a serious lack of good BIG team matches left and IMO this is a great opportunity to fish against the best anglers in the country......as I said I have and so has the team I fish with still have a pair of man balls.... Ps I may have a change of mind after spending four days at Littleport.
Understand your point C. V about team matches there's nowt left in the northwest now as far as team fishings goes.
it would be nice if a sponsor came forward to start a summer league like the old drennan super league used to be ran.
All the sponsorship seams to go towards individual events nowadays.
the queen
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Perhaps preston should take over running the superleague and the winner of that should go to world clubchamps....
That way team fishing will be back up off its wobbly cheeks across the country or at least be a big step towards getting it going again. just an idea?
brian_gibson

Unread post by brian_gibson »

some serious questions are starting to be raised in this thread, however, these same questions have been asked year on year and the answers don’t get fully answered and nothing changes irrespective of who runs the League…….. I once put a few questions to Ken Wade re where does all the income from the exhibitors of (I think it was called Tackle fest) go who show at the WL final ….. It was totally played down and never answered and I know for a fact that exhibitors were paying £1000s for a stand, when team pressure to put the WL final on in September hoping the fishing got better, these same exhibitors didn’t want to get involved as the weather was not guaranteed, strange how the final venue changed and Ken pulled out of the whole thing.…. Read what you want into that!!!

Joff, re me paying another admin fee for the winter league, I haven’t fished for a team for the last couple of years as I’ve been totally p###d off with the whole thing, sad thing is I dearly miss team fishing but there are very few teams round here that want to put 100% into their fishing and I’ve got bored of fishing the same old drains week in week out from October to February…..
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Gibbo i don't think for one minute organizers shouldn't be paid its a thankless job and understand why you have left team fishing alone and the reasons behind it .but why should you suffer why should you backed away????
Simple like you said these questions are never answered !!! if the Trust can't answer these Question or won't answer them its simple they can't or WON'T we might not like the answers yes years ago the NFA were just as bad but you are forgetting back then the number of anglers taking part was in the thousands coaches were laid on and perhaps you felt you were getting your monies worth you could always get a drink or food after match
now you are paying a lot more for a lot less so where does our money go as a member i should have a vote or a say where this amount of money should go with in the sport [competition sector]
if the A/Ts put £10,000 up for a super league or national you'd fill it with teams just like that .Instead they have bleed the match angler dry there's no spark or enthusiasm for youngsters to compete against the best .What other sport can you sit next a England International [gold medel winner] and have a chance to beat them
we are not talking about small amounts of money far from it

Gibbo take the winter league £70 ???? what are we entering ???? how much is in the prize fund ????? how many teams and leagues are taking part ???? semi and final venues ????? alast years winners got £1000 would that bring you back to fish in a team again
lucky you dont have to be a member but on the other hand most of us are the same anglers that fish nationals so we are already members
if you had to be a member our league would drop to maybe 4 teams instead of 7
brian_gibson

Unread post by brian_gibson »

Joff,
Totally accept and agree with your points mate, it’s not the prize fund or lack of it in team fishing, I think most team anglers fish for the glory although more prize money would I feel be welcome, it’s the principles and vision of the sports administrators that I find so hard to accept.

Take the Riverfest comp………a brilliant idea spawned I believe and supported by Dave Harrell, the 2 matches I fished I didn’t see any AT staff on hand to help out or promote yet the AT website suggests its the AT’s baby, the down is side you needed to be a member of the AT to enter, How bloody wrong is that? I thought long and hard then bit my lip and reluctantly paid my membership because I wanted to fish a couple of rounds.………… being a member should be a matter of choice NOT compulsory …!

One thought, society is screaming out for transparency in most areas of public life, god even the politicians are starting to be accountable for where they spend our tax £…………..why should the AT feel they are not accountable to its membership !
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Yep take a look at the England team's and their success the Angling trust are first on the bandwagon to promote and take the glory of their successes
But you tell me what do any of the National teams get out of the A/Ts if it wasn't for Sensas and Drennan. I wonder if they get the full amount given to them anyway as that has to come through the A/Ts as well
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Hucknall Brass Band B team have been put on alert, apparently.

Have they won the fish-off for a fish off place with West Bromwich Table Tennis Association C then, - I must have missed that result Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

As Queenie and Lloydy both rightly say the winner of the National Championships should be rewarded with a place in the World Inter Clubs. That is it, end of.

Years gone by the England team could quite easily consist of an angler who had the the best weight in his team that finished tenth in the National.

That was scrapped as ridiculous all those years ago yet it is not too far removed with what is happening here.
At this rate Stoke will win the League for finishing fourteenth. Image

I know these sound daft but there is one winner and that should be it.

As PI 's contribution was for four years what is going to happen next year?>??
sven
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Eclipse
Sponsor: Gudgeon

Unread post by sven »

The way forward is dead simple don't become a member of the angling trust if everyone boycotted them and told them why,they might listen until everyone pulls in the same direction your peeeing in the wind all they are interested in is money its a buisness at the end of the day simples.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

So basically the Angling Trust can go and F*** themselves and the majority of hardcore / diehard / dedicated match anglers will sort themselves out with their own "cheaper" leagues and comps ? Wow thats easy and we are already doing it ..... f*** me well simples ! Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

So basically the Angling Trust can go and F*** themselves and the majority of hardcore / diehard / dedicated match anglers will sort themselves out with their own "cheaper" leagues and comps ? Wow thats easy and we are already doing it ..... f*** me well simples !  Image

In a nutshell.............yes!!!! Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

So basically the Angling Trust can go and F*** themselves and the majority of hardcore / diehard / dedicated match anglers will sort themselves out with their own "cheaper" leagues and comps ? Wow thats easy and we are already doing it ..... f*** me well simples !  Image

so why isn't it happening Image Image Image
the queen
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Because there is a shortage in organisers?
sven
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Eclipse
Sponsor: Gudgeon

Unread post by sven »

Dodge most of the summer leagues and winter leagues up and down the country don't have any help of the AT at any point and they do ok on there own. You win the div1 national you represent your country thats it as far as im concerned.There is a shortage of people willing to organise events in some areas granted, our area around midlands staffs stoke does ok . ::)