If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Div 1 National Top Ten Fish Off

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Send Team England or all the tackle reps or some of them pellet heads who fish some hole in the ground every day ..... be a nice jolly for all the hangers on aswell .
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Chris V »

This thread to me IMO is not making any sense at all Image
The idea of the fish off for the top ten teams is to award the winners 7 grand to go and compete in the World club champs. Well done Preston.
If a small club won the Div one national and qualified to fish this event would they have the funds to fish it??

I am looking forward to fishing against the likes of Dorking as I`ve still got a pair of man balls!! Image Image

Okay this is not a cheap match and I can also understand why some teams don`t want to fish it.

Light blue touch paper and stand back :-X :-X
brian_gibson

Unread post by brian_gibson »

I think your right Chris, although i understand some of the points being brought up...... tuff one !
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

This thread to me IMO is not making any sense at all

Just think this thread / subject shows lots of dedicated hardcore match anglers have serious issues at present with the Angling Trust and its handling of recent events Chris  :-X :-/
brian_gibson

Unread post by brian_gibson »

Dodge,
There are many, many issues with the way our sport is being run by the AT at the moment. Some would argue that a select few try to influence the decision makers to suit their own ideals and wants. Some may also say that the same decision makers are totally disjointed from its membership????? however, cast your mind back say 25 years ago, the NFA as it was then was very different, some would argue it was better in the old days some may say that it was run by a few old men in cloth caps that needed to look towards the future?????

The thing is the world has changed and has become more sophisticated as have people who the AT interacts with, the environment in which the AT works has become more professional and in order for the AT to be taken seriously/ advance/ be listened too they need to drag the entity out of the old days and guide it into the future…….. Perhaps give the AT some more time to sort itself out; maybe, just maybe they will get it right?????????
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

apparently Trentman have declined the offer, Barnsley are in and now down to Lincs county and the RAF for a decision. Wouldn`t bet on Starlets not getting in!

Trentmen haven't declined the offer, we are fishing and practicing. As you all say though, this has become a very expensive two weekends practicing and actually fishing the match, i know myself and the lads in the team who are going down have spent a fortune not just on tackle and bait, but on Digs food and drink to consider aswell. however, hope all our practicing and money spending pays off and we can do a bit. Well done again to Shakey bos on winning the national! Image
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

sorry Sam,

got my info from our team manager Sid, should have realised that he can get it wrong as he once gave our team, who were practising for a national on the shropshire union, a fantastic peg by peg dossier on all the sections. Trouble was the dossier was for the staffs/worcs canal!
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

No drama mullarkey. Haha we've all got things like that wrong from time to time, but that one's probably one of the best ive heard hahaha. Personally i can't wait to fish it, regardless of the price. I think they experience i will gain and knowledge and what i will learn will outweigh the cost of the match! Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

The idea of the fish off for the top ten teams is to award the winners 7 grand to go and compete in the World club champs. Well done Preston.
If a small club won the Div one national and qualified to fish this event would they have the funds to fish it??

Chris if a smaller team wins the fish off and still doesn't want to fish the world club champs [wouldn't think it would happen] but i take they will come away with nothing

I am looking forward to fishing against the likes of Dorking as I`ve still got a pair of man balls!! Image Image

That's the spirit Image
Okay this is not a cheap match and I can also understand why some teams don`t want to fish it.

Light blue touch paper and stand back :-X :-X
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Dodge,
There are many, many issues with the way our sport is being run by the AT at the moment. Some would argue that a select few try to influence the decision makers to suit their own ideals and wants. Some may also say that the same decision makers are totally disjointed from its membership????? however, cast your mind back say 25 years ago, the NFA as it was then was very different, some would argue it was better in the old days some may say that it was run by a few old men in cloth caps that needed to look towards the future?????

The thing is the world has changed and has become more sophisticated as have people who the AT interacts with, the environment in which the AT works has become more professional and in order for the AT to be taken seriously/ advance/ be listened too they need to drag the entity out of the old days and guide it into the future…….. Perhaps give the AT some more time to sort itself out; maybe, just maybe they will get it right?????????

Nice post Gibbo  Image totally agree with all you have said ........ dont hold your breath though as time is running out fast !

Winter League is the next in a long line of issues ...... no crappity smack up here wants anything to do with it anymore .
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Simple answers would be nice Gibbo like where does all the admin go i take you will be paying another admin fee to fish this fish off weekend
like Chris said well done Preston for the sponsored event but you tell me what the A/Ts is putting into it :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
dodge is right don't hold your breath :( :( :(
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

Genuine question ..... Is the admin still Scaled for 5 divisions of a national and winter leagues of the early 90s?

Didn't ken wade used to run the wl in his spare time?
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

The team that wins the national should go to the world club champs END OF!
As it is it is a scam for the a/t to rip us match anglers off once more.

Totally agree queenie
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

I thought the national was paid out in sections of 14, how come section winners picked up £120?
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Chris V »

Totally agree queenie
Sorry I have to disagree....There is a serious lack of good BIG team matches left and IMO this is a great opportunity to fish against the best anglers in the country......as I said I have and so has the team I fish with still have a pair of man balls.... ;) ;)
Ps I may have a change of mind after spending four days at Littleport. Image Image
macca
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: TRUE BLUE
Match Team/ Club: shakespeare superteam
Sponsor: four ashes

Unread post by macca »

I thought the national was paid out in sections of 14, how come section winners picked up £120?
my check is for £112
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

my check is for £112

You pay £10 section money so how can you get £112?
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

Totally agree queenie
Sorry I have to disagree....There is a serious lack of good BIG team matches left and IMO this is a great opportunity to fish against the best anglers in the country......as I said I have and so has the team I fish with still have a pair of man balls.... ;) ;)
Ps I may have a change of mind after spending four days at Littleport. Image Image

Sorry Chris, I agree we need more big events but this was invented by the manager of a big team for big teams. Another reason team fishing is dead.
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Totally agree queenie

Chris have you been practicing up at littleport on the great ouse? How's it fishing?
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

Chris has been practising a lot, just up the road from littleport, its called cross drove.