If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

CURSE MATCH 12

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

But is it the right gate? River only looks about 100 yards away, but BMAC web site directions read...........

Cuttle Brook

A very popular water holding big Barbel, Chub and Carp plus all the usual species. From Swarkestone Bridge (A514) 300m past Garage turn right into track (sign-posted). Follow the track for 1mile to river, Car park 8B. Park near footbridge (never block track) fishing here is good for Barbel, Chub, Roach and Bream. The pegs above bridge are very good!

Car park 8C is a further ¼ mile down the track in the Woods. The pegs along the roadside can all produce good catches of Chub and Roach. Barbel can show anywhere! The pegs in the wood are a lot deeper and hold Big Perch, Chub and Carp, Below the Woods the river returns to fast shallow runs (Barbel & Chub). 

For Car park 8A from Swarkestone Bridge, 200m past the A5132 junction turn right into Church La, drive down to the river then turn right. Go 70m and park near buoy (do not block road). Just below the bridge is the old weir good for Barbel, Chub, Perch and Pike. The Pegs downstream are good for all species. A pedestrian access is located down Woodshop Lane which is between the bridge and The Crewe & Harpur Pub. Park in the lane (please do not block / annoy locals) and go down gravel path between house and bungalow (30m From main road). River here is slow and deep holding all species, upstream is shallower and holds Chub and Barbel.

Image Image Image

I may not be right here, but i thought Cuttle Brook was downstream of Swarkestone bridge, same side as the pub. Crewe and Harpur that is.

Can see what you mean Arch Image

The map on BMAC website isnt very clear.....

http://www.burtonmutual.co.uk/index.php ... &Itemid=64

I'm presuming this is the track - highlighted yellow - for car parks 8B & C. (The red G I've added is the garage mentioned in their directions that you can see on google maps at street level

Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Removed my map!

Postcode for the Garage is: DE73 7JB
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

Removed my map!

Postcode for the Garage is: DE73 7JB

Still need to check with MrV Josh........... :-/
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by kod »

I'm presuming this is the track - highlighted yellow - for car parks 8B & C. (The red G I've added is the garage mentioned in their directions that you can see on google maps at street level

This looks better, think I've found the access from church lane as mentioned on there site just to add to confusion
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MrV »

Just spoken to TK. His map is the wrong side of Swarkstone bridge Image I have given him Alan Rounds number to confirm access, but I am pretty sure Josh's map was correct Watch this space Image Image
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by Bullah »

KOD.... Sorry, my dad has had a fall and broken his femur, my mom doesn't drive so Im on taxi duties to and from the hospital etc, Saturday is a day when Im needed so wont be able to fish sorry :'(
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

Just spoken to TK. His map is the wrong side of Swarkstone bridge  Image     I have given him Alan Rounds number to confirm access, Watch this space  Image Image

Oh no it aint  Image Image Image

Follow the TK map above  Image
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MICK E »

just a thought, who as the scales and do we need the pegs? Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by me »

i reckon you should fish the common then at least every one knows were it is and were to park and enter it Image Image Image Image
Image Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by kod »

just a thought, who as the scales and do we need the pegs?

Have a guess Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by kod »

KOD.... Sorry, my dad has had a fall and broken his femur, my mom doesn't drive so Im on taxi duties to and from the hospital etc, Saturday is a day when Im needed so wont be able to fish sorry
cheers mate hope all goes well

Declared casualties so far

MrV
Roberto
Tk
Heinzer
Brambles
Big Baz
Choppymaster
[highlight]Daz Williams[/highlight]
MGB
Mick Kenn
HaHa
Tommy Cooper
Bullah
Dead Peg

Suspected casualties
Cashmores x2
Lasher
Harry

looks like no p..s taking then Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MrV »

Lads. Sincere apologies from me......I think all the tablets I have rattling round in me are affecting my brain cell (in the singular)  Image Image
Thanks to TK for clearing up my stupid mistake....I am going for a lie down now, and may not be around for some time  Image Image.

If I am up for a drive on Saturday, I may see you all for an hour or so....yes I will go to the right stretch......and yes I will have my camera. Joffies desperate to see some of Cashmores lack of action shots  Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

Wont be with you in the morning guys but Alan Round offers the following info........if I can follow my scribbled notes from last night Image

You'll see the gate by the lhs of the farm - may or may not be locked, but keep it shut.

Follow the track down to the river, crossing Cuttle Brook in the process.

You can park behind a number of the pegs, but must not block the track as the farmer uses it - pull off the track and park as 'close' to your peg/river as possible. If not on one of those 'parking' pegs, drop your tackle off and find a suitable place to leave your wheels.

I reckon turnout will probably be 12 tops tomorrow........ suggested pegs are

20 - missing peg but its the 'hole in the hedge'
21 - missing peg, but recognisable
Do not put 25 in as its dangerous

That's 11 pegs if you need more

Hope you all find a few Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MrV »

Went for a wander down today, and the river looked perfect, with a warm breeze blowing at the lads. A few fish being caught, mainly Roach. Had a chat with them all, and it was nice for me to get out in the fresh air Image. Envied the lads though, its hard work watching :-/. Took a few piccies Joffie. Will try and post them up later Image Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by kod »

was good to see you out and about Paul Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

just a thought,   who as the scales  and do we need the pegs?

Have a guess Image

Image Image Image Image