If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Arrans Lake 3rd August 2013

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

al
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by al »

Personally I wouldn't wanna fish any venue too often
also no matter where you fish it's your personal target that makes it a challenge
My targets Saturday were
1 beat my pb match weight
2 do over 500 lb
So I failed lol. But that's why I'm already looking forward to next time
At colemans my target is. 200lb
Alders. Beat 343. And don't fall foul of the rules
The challenges are matched to the fishery
And all equally as hard I think

Other challenges include.
Beating Keith ashby. Cos I rate him highly
Beating the chairman at the next peg ;-)
Pushing tony in the lake by accident
And helping rod do a big weight

How's about a summer match there
And a late in the year match

Al
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

I'm all for fishing this type of water once or twice a season, I agree with Al, it's about personal targets on each day on each water. Everyone will have their favourites and it's not always because its where they do best but sometimes the ambience of the place, location, BREAKFAST etc. Personally I love Rolfs despite it doing your head in!!!....My target for 2014 is to NOT be on holiday when this match takes place...grrrrrrr Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Beating the chairman at the next peg

I like that one Al as its always good to include a challange that is just a bit out of reach, to push yourself. Image Image Image Image
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Going back to Keith's question, I think Al makes a good point about setting personal challenges to match the venue. That said, I personally find the baggin' venues can get a bit boring. The challenge is inevitably going to be a big weight of some sort on such waters, and as you get older the prospect of a six hour slog loses its appeal over the years. Once or maybe twice a year is fine. More than that and I think it would loose the buzz that many members obviously got from it. Frankly I never used to look forward to Rockells because the best weights nearly always came from fishing on the top which I dont particularly enjoy. In my view Aarons is a significantly better fishery, apart from the rather restrictive rules.
But ultimately for me variety is the name of the game - different waters offering a range of challenges. I got a lot of pleasure from getting 30lb out of Lake Sophie for example. And huge frustration from failure at Puddledock Road Lake - which makes me want to go back there and crack it (preferably without method fishing!). Tucked away on your own peg - in your own little world for 6 hours - trying to get the best out of it by applying a bit of guile and experience is what its all about.
On that point, I always try and ask the guys who did well at each of our matches what baits and tactics they used - you can teach yourself quite a bit, but you will learn a lot more from others. I'm surprised more of us dont seem to ask. These days I happily tell people what I'm doing during a match if its working well.
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

My target for every match is 100lb if I get that I've had a good days fishing
thats as far as my targets go
except Heartleylands res where the target is to have a good days shopping with easy parking
every little helps  ;)
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

People might get the impression you're getting bitter Clive  ;)
grahammanning
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by grahammanning »

Clive,

Your Tesco quip - shear brilliance; you crack me up!
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Following on from Clive persuading Tesco to build a store over the res at Hartleylands, they have also now agreed to consider his request for a new Tesco express at peg 38 at Rolfs. Image Image Image
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

I'll second that Image
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

I don't mind peg 38 at Rolfs  :D
At least when I sit there I can see good pegs all around me  Image
When I sit at the res all I see is potential for extra car parking  Image
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

People might get the impression you're getting bitter Clive 

No - its just that the Res isn't swimming pool shaped and limited to 20 pegs and a few miles down the road where all Clive's dream come true. Image