If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by big_cup »

Sounds good.....Kermie...are you up fo it  ¿?¿

Considered it mate, but really don't think its for me anymore and it clashes with the pairs league :-/
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Snedster
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by Snedster »

Considered it mate, but really don't think its for me anymore and it clashes with the pairs league  :-/
Considered it????????????? Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by big_cup »

Considered it mate, but really don't think its for me anymore and it clashes with the pairs league  :-/

Yes that's what it says Snedstar!!

But then I priced it up ( £10.50 groundbait, £3.00 caster, £7.00 half kilo worms, £12.50 B/J, £2.00, leam £2.50 hemp few bits of hook bait, maggots etc ) which as you can see pushed the bait bill way on for £40. Then I thought about the walks through the scrub field and cinders when its hammered it down all week etc etc. I then compared this to the majority of days fishing that I have been doing where £5.00 covers the full days bait bill ( yes some weeks that can go to maybe £10 / £12 when we need some crumb and casters, but then some weeks I only used a 57p half uncut loaf ) put this on top of the van either being behind me or a very short walk around a level banking and I was given my answer, save a minimum of £30 a week on bait and stick to my local friendly full of banter winter league Image Image
Snedster
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Your going to the wrong tackle shop if your bait bill comes to £40 a week on canal mate!!! Image Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by big_cup »

Your going to the wrong tackle shop if your bait bill comes to £40 a week on canal mate!!!  Image Image Image

There the prices and that's what you need with you fact, you do your own maths!! ( I know that's not your strong point ) Image

Cut back on some of the items, but then get battered when lad at side a you catches on caster but you didn't take any.

Also in the past I have seen anglers ( in fact been asked to witness )them force 3 packs a bloodworm into a pint container and feed the lot and empty the place, join in that game and you push your bait bill up another £20!!!! Image
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by chub_tamer »

u can have 1pt of joker that's 2 packs plus some of them will have dead stuff too by the way leam is £3,50 x
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by big_cup »

u can have 1pt of joker that's 2 packs plus some of them will have dead stuff too by the way leam is £3,50 x

I witnessed 3 packs being forced into the drennan bait tub which is 1.1pt but what they used for ease to measure a pint of joker, and lets say the packs weren't small as the angler in question was in the right team, its surprising how compact you can make that stuff go and still be within " the rules ".

By the way, I now want my bait at Sneds prices Image
sharki

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by sharki »

But then I priced it up ( £10.50 groundbait, £3.00 caster, £7.00 half kilo worms, £12.50 B/J, £2.00, leam £2.50 hemp few bits of hook bait, maggots etc ) which as you can see pushed the bait bill way on for £40. Then I thought about the walks through the scrub field and cinders when its hammered it down all week etc etc. I then compared this to the majority of days fishing that I have been doing where £5.00 covers the full days bait bill ( yes some weeks that can go to maybe £10 / £12 when we need some crumb and casters, but then some weeks I only used a 57p half uncut loaf ) put this on top of the van either being behind me or a very short walk around a level banking and I was given my answer, save a minimum of £30 a week on bait and stick to my local friendly full of banter winter league  Image Image

im more interested in your winter league mate wheres it at sounds a good crack
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by big_cup »

But then I priced it up ( £10.50 groundbait, £3.00 caster, £7.00 half kilo worms, £12.50 B/J, £2.00, leam £2.50 hemp few bits of hook bait, maggots etc ) which as you can see pushed the bait bill way on for £40. Then I thought about the walks through the scrub field and cinders when its hammered it down all week etc etc. I then compared this to the majority of days fishing that I have been doing where £5.00 covers the full days bait bill ( yes some weeks that can go to maybe £10 / £12 when we need some crumb and casters, but then some weeks I only used a 57p half uncut loaf ) put this on top of the van either being behind me or a very short walk around a level banking and I was given my answer, save a minimum of £30 a week on bait and stick to my local friendly full of banter winter league  Image Image

im more interested in your winter league mate wheres it at sounds a good crack

Its a pairs league run from local tackle shop in Stainforth, Doncaster mate. Venues last year were Pine between stainy and Thorne and Sykhouse just outside sykhouse village. Awaiting Chub Tamers response to this years fixture list, he was toying with idea of adding another venue to these two :-/
Lee_Kerry

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by Lee_Kerry »

Just wanted to come on and make a comment about the bait issue on the Stainy.

The limit is a 1.1pt of joker. That costs £12. It is 1.5 packs from Sam Wildsmith. There is no way on this earth you can get 2 of those packs from Sam in a 1.1pt container, let alone 3. They must be very small packs you mentioned Big Cup! Sam's bait is always spot on.

Bloodworm hookbait is £3.
I take 3pts of molehill which is free!
I also take 1kg of GB. £3.

So total bait bill for every single match I fish on the Stainy costs me £21 in bait.

I have not taken a dendrabeana to the canal in 5 years, and if I have some casters left over from another match they find there way into my bag.

If you don't want to fish bloodworm you can still compete, as the likes of Lee Harrison and Rich Pulford have proved.

The pools for this match will be £20 per match. So your match cost is £41.
We pay £50 every 5 pegs!

If you take any worms and casters to any other match it will cost you at least this.

I appreciate not everyone wants to come to the canal, but the fishing is more consistent than any other natural winter venue, and the money is well spread across the field.

There is also a fantastic craic between all the anglers, and free sandwiches afterwards.

Just wanted to pop on and give the actual facts rather than speculation.
Then people can decide for themselves.

Love the forum guys, any other questions about the league, feel free to ask.
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

I known I can swim 2 pack of joker and drain it and fit it in 1.1pt box lee if u would like a small wager I will prove it and u know u can
I hope yr league is a success silman has done a gob job getting it to were it is now
hope the canal fishes aswell has it has done in the past but it is changing and fast
Snedster
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Get him told lee Image Image Image
Lee_Kerry

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by Lee_Kerry »

Chub Tamer,

I get my Russian Joker bait on the morning from Sam, I can't even get 1.5 packs in with the lid on. English Joker or polish joker, after cleaning it all then maybe.

But that is just not necessary on the Stainy.

I love a wager though mate, you can show me one day! :D
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

u carnt say that u are only going to use 1 bag of g/b if it goes back to how it used to fish 3yr ago when alan was putting 4kilo g/b in and winning everyone will?
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

I will def show u when u swim polish u can fit 2.5 packs in net it squeeze it u can fit it in and I know u know u can Image Image Image
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

u fish for barnsley don't u were theres an edge u will find it or alan will Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by big_cup »

Not knocking the league lee or trying to persued anyone against it as I was involved with running it the very first year it began, I am just giving my honest opinion of how I look at things now. A lot of anglers take the extra cost of dendras and casters to try and level the playing field as there match falls behind the exceptional anglers that fish this event, some take that option but don't buy the joker, each to there own as it is said. Things may have changed in the 2 years I have been away, however at that time a lot more groundbait was being used than you mention is now. The lad I witnessed as he asked me to was one of your own and his bait was off sam, he had an egg cup full left out of 3 packs that he returned to his van, maybe the packs were smaller then but I am stating what I witnessed with my own eyes go into that one tub and he put the lid on it. The league has been good for the canal and good for winter sport in our local villages, for those that still enjoy this type of fishing I wish them good luck on more years to come. Everything I have posted is only my personal thoughts and not intended to influence anyones decision to fish the league. Good luck in running the event for the first time, I'm sure there will still be plenty from near and far to make it a success.
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by big_cup »

Get him told lee  Image Image Image

wobbly cheeks licking Woman's wetter
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

find him 2 who are daft enough to have him in yr league lee Image

he is sh!t though
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

NEW STAINY TEAM SERIES

Unread post by Dodge »

Bait costs are fine for the Stainy w/leagues and for the quality of fishing Image its the fuel costs that have crappity smack it up for us lot from over the hills :(

Great venue and long may it continue Image