If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

2014 Fish'0'Mania pegs increased

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Fish O Mania 2014 - Venues, deadlines and increased peggingby geepster » 12 Nov 2013, 12:40

Fish 'O' Mania XXI Pegs Increased for 2014

The Angling Trust and Matchroom Sport are delighted to announce an increase of pegs for some of the 2014 Fish ‘O’ Mania XXI qualifiers. There will be an increase in pegs for five qualifiers x 150 pegs, and two qualifiers x 180 pegs.

How to Enter
The Angling Trust website www.anglingtrust.net will be the only means by which anglers can enter Fish ‘O’ Mania, and anyone 16 years and above wishing to take part must have individual membership of the Angling Trust.

The much anticipated online entry will open at 9.00am on Tuesday 14th January for a three week period closing at 4.00pm on Tuesday 4th February, tickets will be £25.00. Further details regarding the entry process will be announced on the Angling Trust website shortly.
The action gets underway at Viaduct Fishery on Saturday 5th April 2014 with 16 qualifiers in total. Garbolino Lindholme Lakes will once again be the last chance saloon with 300 pegs on offer.

Fish 'O' Mania XXI Qualifiers 2014
Venue Date Pegs
Viaduct Fishery, Somerset Sat 5th April 130
Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth Sat 12th April 130
Makins Fishery, Warwickshire Wed 16th April 130
Hayfield Lakes, Doncaster Sat 19th April 130
Gold Valley Lakes, Aldershot Weds 23rd April 130
Maver Larford Lakes, Worcestershire Sat 26th April 130
Tunnel Barn Farm, Warwick Sat 3rd May 150
Monk Lakes Fishery, Kent Weds 7th May 150
The Oaks, Sessay, Thirsk Sat 10th May 150
Barford Lakes, Norwich Sat 17th May 130
Colemans Cottage Fishery, Essex Sat 24th May 130
Hallcroft Fishery, Retford, Notts Weds 28th May 150
Partridge Lakes Fishery, Warrington Sat 31st May 180
Woodlands View Fishery, Droitwich Weds 11th June 180
Woodlands Lakes Fishery, Thirsk Sat 14th June 150
Garbolino Lindholme Lakes, Doncaster Weds 25th June 300

Barry Hearn, Chairman, Matchroom Sport stated “It’s hard to believe that we’re now entering the third decade of Fish ‘O’ Mania but next July will see the 21st grand final take place. To celebrate, we have increased the number of pegs available in the qualifiers.”

“Last year we had a total of 2,250 pegs spread over 16 heats and this year we have increased that by 200 to 2,450. With the qualifiers heavily oversubscribed, it gives additional opportunities to anglers who may not otherwise compete in the event, without significantly increasing the odds of qualifying.”

“This is a classic in the British sporting summer and has built up a devoted following over the years and everyone at Matchroom Sport is looking forward to seeing how Fish ‘O’ Mania XXI pans out.”

Sandra Drew, Competitions & Events Manager, Angling Trust said “This is considered one of the most prestigious events in the match calendar for anglers and over the last couple of years we have seen a significant rise in the number of individuals applying to take part in the qualifiers, so this announcement to increase pegs on some of the qualifiers will certainly help to accommodate more anglers wishing to take part.”

“Anglers travel from all over the country to enjoy the prestige of taking part in this magnificent event, which is considered the FA Cup of fishing, which only goes to show how popular Fish ‘O’ Mania is.”
Statler
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Wish I could draw
Match Team/ Club: Stainforth Angling Centre

Unread post by Statler »

Nice on Joff
I am on holiday until end of January so hope some pegs are left
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Unread post by big_cup »

Fish O Mania 2014 - Venues, deadlines and increased peggingby geepster » 12 Nov 2013, 12:40

Fish 'O' Mania XXI Pegs Increased for 2014

The Angling Trust and Matchroom Sport are delighted to announce an increase of pegs for some of the 2014 Fish ‘O’ Mania XXI qualifiers. There will be an increase in pegs for five qualifiers x 150 pegs, and two qualifiers x 180 pegs.

How to Enter
The Angling Trust website www.anglingtrust.net will be the only means by which anglers can enter Fish ‘O’ Mania, and anyone 16 years and above wishing to take part must have individual membership of the Angling Trust.

The much anticipated online entry will open at 9.00am on Tuesday 14th January for a three week period closing at 4.00pm on Tuesday 4th February, tickets will be £25.00. Further details regarding the entry process will be announced on the Angling Trust website shortly.
The action gets underway at Viaduct Fishery on Saturday 5th April 2014 with 16 qualifiers in total. Garbolino Lindholme Lakes will once again be the last chance saloon with 300 pegs on offer.

Fish 'O' Mania XXI Qualifiers 2014
Venue Date Pegs
Viaduct Fishery, Somerset Sat 5th April 130
Preston Innovations Boldings, Bridgnorth Sat 12th April 130
Makins Fishery, Warwickshire Wed 16th April 130
Hayfield Lakes, Doncaster Sat 19th April 130
Gold Valley Lakes, Aldershot Weds 23rd April 130
Maver Larford Lakes, Worcestershire Sat 26th April 130
Tunnel Barn Farm, Warwick Sat 3rd May 150
Monk Lakes Fishery, Kent Weds 7th May 150
The Oaks, Sessay, Thirsk Sat 10th May 150
Barford Lakes, Norwich Sat 17th May 130
Colemans Cottage Fishery, Essex Sat 24th May 130
Hallcroft Fishery, Retford, Notts Weds 28th May 150
Partridge Lakes Fishery, Warrington Sat 31st May 180
Woodlands View Fishery, Droitwich Weds 11th June 180
Woodlands Lakes Fishery, Thirsk Sat 14th June 150
Garbolino Lindholme Lakes, Doncaster Weds 25th June 300

Barry Hearn, Chairman, Matchroom Sport stated “It’s hard to believe that we’re now entering the third decade of Fish ‘O’ Mania but next July will see the 21st grand final take place. To celebrate, we have increased the number of pegs available in the qualifiers.”

“Last year we had a total of 2,250 pegs spread over 16 heats and this year we have increased that by 200 to 2,450. With the qualifiers heavily oversubscribed, it gives additional opportunities to anglers who may not otherwise compete in the event, without significantly increasing the odds of qualifying.”

“This is a classic in the British sporting summer and has built up a devoted following over the years and everyone at Matchroom Sport is looking forward to seeing how Fish ‘O’ Mania XXI pans out.”

Sandra Drew, Competitions & Events Manager, Angling Trust said “This is considered one of the most prestigious events in the match calendar for anglers and over the last couple of years we have seen a significant rise in the number of individuals applying to take part in the qualifiers, so this announcement to increase pegs on some of the qualifiers will certainly help to accommodate more anglers wishing to take part.”

“Anglers travel from all over the country to enjoy the prestige of taking part in this magnificent event, which is considered the FA Cup of fishing, which only goes to show how popular Fish ‘O’ Mania is.”

It reads well unitl you think into the situation. More anglers means less chance of qualifying as you have more people to beat. More pegs added to venues will be sh!t pegs as all the best ones are used in the first place so an increase in the chance of drawing a 6 finger shuffle peg. Add to that the angling trust and Barry Hearn and what else might an increase in entrants mean??? Image Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Image Image Image Surely this will mean that the payouts will increase too!!!!  Image Image Image
damo28
Personal Text: Fishing is the way of life
Match Team/ Club: Dog and Partridge angling club.

Unread post by damo28 »

That crap that you need to be part of the angling trust to fish Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by big_cup »

yep, 200 x £25 extra, plus endless amounts that join to try get a peg but end up number 100 and something on waiting list. Quick 5k for angling trust though ::) Image Image
Statler
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Wish I could draw
Match Team/ Club: Stainforth Angling Centre

Unread post by Statler »

You entering any Big Cup?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

big cup more anglers more pegs the venues will fish sh#t
i'd say you have a better chance of qualifying mate how many fisho qualifiers were won because of empty pegs loads if you cut some of those weights down by say half because of filling the venue with more pegs there should be more pegs capable of winning surely if you win the qualifier with 10lb youve done your job BOOM!!
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by big_cup »

big cup more anglers more pegs the venues will fish sh#t
i'd say you have a better chance of qualifying mate how many fisho qualifiers were won because of empty pegs loads if you cut some of those weights down by say half because of filling the venue with more pegs there should be more pegs capable of winning surely if you win the qualifier with 10lb youve done your job BOOM!!

Never works like that on the coms I fish mate, fliers just become good pegs when more people are on them, they don't spread out, just become harder to catch. All it will do is put more 6 finger shuffle pegs in to be drawn Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by big_cup »

You entering any Big Cup?

Not sure to be honest mate, you have to be in it to win it. But once again its just about greed. 300 at lindholme, more than double everywhere else ( in previous years ) and only 1 qualifies. And now venues with 150, 180 etc and still only 1 to go through. Its good that more people get a chance to sit on a peg in a qualifier but there is a hell of a lot of " cant win a bean " pegs Image Image All that said, if its meant to be the float will keep sailing away I guess?? :-/ :-/
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Some proper sh!t pegs there at a ridiculous cost ...... Oh well shame for thems that draw em . ::)
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

As a cut angler I have more chance of winning Miss World Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

As a cut angler I have more chance of winning Miss World Image

Image ImageImage Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

the money side of it is staggering not only for the competition to the Angling trust 2,450 x £25 = Image Image Image Imagehow much of that money will the competitive side of the sport see