If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Soar Valley Winter League 2013

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Its getting to that time of year and i must say there is quite a buzz about it with more anglers returning to river and canal fishing. I would like to say if any individaul anglers are looking to fish the winter league now is the time to put your names forward as teams can be formed for the series
TEAMS SO FAR FISHING
1 LEICESTER SENSAS
2 DYNAMITE TRENTMEN
3 LONG EATON FED
4 LOUGHBOROUGH MAVER SOAR
5 MATCHMANS SUPPLIES
6 WREAKE ANGLING
7 WIGSTON AS
8 QUORN AS [if not black listed Image Image]
9 this could a team made up for the winter league

if teams could comfirm with brian Hull as soon as possible
DATES are
6th OCT
13th OCT
miss a week could be the soar champs or the wreake champs
27th OCT
3RD NOV
MISS AWEEK again a match will be on
17th NOV
24TH NOV this is the last match of the series
Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

come on lads if anyone wants to fish the winter league and make a team up now is the time to put your name down with Brian hull Image

sections for the first round have been thought about to cut down on kit ,traveling and more importantly walking
2 sections 1860
2 sections greens and cobbles as last year
1 section at zouch this has been fishing well the England vets practiced down there and caught loads of fish
3 sections on sutton lane end
2 sections on kegworth
to me this is a perfect time to sample some of the best roach fishing the river soar has to offer and with less walking i can only see this competition getting bigger Image Image Image
keef
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by keef »

brilliant idea joffi i think most team anglers would not mind the wieghts being lower if its fairer and consistent and also one of the biggest gripes with river fishing is access think you have got it spot on mate Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Zouch Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

choppy give it a chance kiddo  ;) keef nothing to do with me really Brian puts a lot of work in for little thanks i'm just please to help them  Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Zouch  Image Image Image Image
you might want to be there kiddo not all the fens are good Image Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Well we will have to agree to disagree on that one.
I am surprised though that some folk have not taken Tony Marshalls good advice on sections as no one knows it better. The reason He is the best river angler in the country is because He understands the rivers moods, how fish behave and where they will be. Maybe time to for some folk to give him a break and try to understand him as He wants good fishing for everybody, trust me on that.
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

Richie,

agree with you there, Tony is the best river angler i`ve seen for a long time, he`s a magician with that hemp and long line approach. Drew next to him the other week at Crankley, wasn`t going to take him on with seed so fished feeder and then flat float for uglies. Caught crappity smack all so decided on an early bath, went home with tail between me legs. Thought he`d caught about 5/6lb, saw in the paper though he`d had 14lb.
p.s. heard you a`int far behind him though!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

yes Tony is a wizard and takes fishing in his stride a 14lb 3oz barbel on the pole is a dream fish but not only that 14kgs at the end of the match a match that was fished in horrendous conditions really speaks for itself
yet no photos :-/ :-/ :-/ i just don't understand every angler has a mobile phone with a camera on them its a crying shame a fish of a lifetime
the rest as you know choppy we will always agree to disagree Tony just needs to keep winning to get point across and leave the rest to the organisers they have to consider the other 69 or more anglers fishing the league ;) ;) ;)
hammo

Unread post by hammo »

i think your missing the point joff .tony knows the areas that will fish on the earlier matches before the cold sets in ie the natural river .this league always had lots of teams because of the variety of fishing and the mr average having a chance to win and more importantly an average team of winning a round.this is all taken away with just the pole sections in.what chance does a part time angler have against the trentman and sensas anglers with their 2 grand poles fishing 14m to 16m in wind and rain none .you have the last 3 rounds nice and fair so give mr average a chance on the first three the top teams still win the league, but not every round.if you can sort out parking at these sections i think your on a win win situation keeping the best teams happy and the average teams happy the trick is to try and cater for all.who wants to put on the same rigs every match lets have a bit of variety and test allround abilty.some dont want the natural but some do.hope you see the points of the lesser anglers who want a chance of beating a trentman of the next peg instead of getting battered every match they will want more every week everyone needs a section win to cheer them up and keep them interested every year another 3 or 4 throw in the towel now you are taking the league more serious is the time to get them back.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

some good points there Hammo and do see what you mean but these anglers just don't use these sections .no one has run a match on the natural river sections since the last winter league where as a lot of matches have been run on places like sutton kegworth and the greens you have to ask yourself why
i'm not saying you won't catch but when you pleasure fish you only sit on the best peg next thing you know every pegs got 10lb of fish on them its just not true mate as we have seen in the past ive fished these sections and in fairness have caught but big fish twos and threes where as i fished the greens and 1860 and had some cracking roach days
the anglers that want the natural sections ie osiers, brinks, abbey little meadow should organise matches beforehand this will entail paper pegging and that means someone giving up there saturday afternoon to do so i've done it for years yet i haven't seen anyone coming forward kiddo its no good leaving it to the week before the winter league starts the points you have made are good but its late in the day
Brian hull has kept match fishing going on the soar all season i think he knows what the anglers want. the anglers that have fished these matches in couple of cases 30 to 40 anglers 
i'm sure if you want to run a match on these section no one would mind Hammo Image personally i thing you would struggle to get 20 pegs in  8-) 8-) 8-)
i didn't get to the meeting Hammo and to fair i just want to fish and support the league plus the organiser without him you won't have a league
1860 and the greens needs pegging out each round how are you fixed  ;) ;)
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Why doesn't Tony Marshall run the league ??
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Good Question ARCH Image
I think hes fished the river once this year and won the match you can't get better than a 100% record Image Image
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Iv'e got a lot of time for Brian Hull, a nicer man you would be hard to find. Somone who gives up their free time to help others is to be applauded. If people aren't happy with how things are ran, have a go and see if they can do better. Simple really.
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

Mullarkey .... TM is a bit useful on all methods (as you well know). I reckon only Hadrian whittle is in the same league on rivers at the moment.

Doesn't tony run the league on the soar post Christmas?

Fair play to any match organiser .... Always make a point of thanking them for their efforts.
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Is the binks going to be put in at all? Or any of the natural river Joff? Or are you trying to keep it all to the canalised river like Sutton and what not?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Sam i really don't know Quorn have lost the parking field on the brinks 1860 is as natural as your going to get Sam
we have one of the biggest league this year and its all about access and walking fairplay to Brian
like i said earlier if anglers wanted the natural sections in they needed to cut pegs out paths to the pegs and then peg the sections out i haven't seen any volunteers coming forward and a lot of these anglers have never tried to run a matche before
yes its a easy option for Brian but who is out there willing to help and give up there time on saturdays i walk the dog around these sections no one has been fishing them [apart from peg two on the brinks]
sam i just want to turn up and fish  Image Image
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Okay mate i didn't know that and yes i fully understand, Brian desrves a medal for what he does for the league and maybe a bottle of some kind to show our appriciation at the end of it may be in order Joff what do you think? Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

yep we always do kiddo Image i nice cheeky red ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

lets not forget these sections Brian has put in have been fishing well 14kgs off a low clear river would win any match on the natural sections plus if we catch the river right it could easily become a bream river plus less chance of it going straight on the canal so there are lots of positive for the sections used and if the hempheads get it right you will need doubles everywhere Image Image