If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

A typical Match

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

A typical Match

Unread post by Simple »

How much do you lads spend on a typical match.
Bait.
Peg fee's
Petrol
Anything else you can think of.

Cheers.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

A typical Match

Unread post by Dodge »

£6 for a pint of joker,£3 for a neat wrap of bloodworm........£12-£15 pools.....we share very fast vans (lol)  £8-£10 diesel.....plus the very important breakfast £3-£4....and a round of beers ?? thats one match !!often do a saturday & sunday, carp puddles in spring and summer are much cheaper unless chop worm is working....good job im sponsored by the lads at TRAFFORD ANGLING and SENSAS....thanks fellas Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

A typical Match

Unread post by Woodhouse »

£15 pools
£7.75 for half kilo of joker
£2.50 for a pint after the match
50p for Diesel most matches.
£3-4 for breakfast

I tend not to use much bloodworm or casters in winter unless i know i'll need them
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

A typical Match

Unread post by TK »

Whats the technical difference between a pint and half a kilo of joker Image
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

A typical Match

Unread post by endpeg »

"Whats the technical difference between a pint and half a kilo of joker"

A pint is English stuff from Dave Williams. Half a kilo is Polish stuff from Sam Wildsmith.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

A typical Match

Unread post by TK »

How do they measure up in terms of volume?

Is it really a 'pint' or just a fond term used to describe it?

I've had large packs of joker in the past - including from the Chockie Munster, but wouldn't have thought it would have filled a pint pot, but there again I'll stand corrected because
a) I've never tried dropping it in a pint glass
b) it could just be an optical illusion to me as it's 'compressed' within its wrapping and obviously 'errupts' in terms of volume size if you atomise it, possibly to its nearer volume when it's packed
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

A typical Match

Unread post by frank »

Measures

Its like asking how long is a piece of string

A typical Match

Unread post by 911654 »

Unfortunatly with this bait i think you get what you get. some weeks we have half a pint of neat bloodworm and if you actualy get half a pint ill stand on my head in a bucket of poo , iwould be very suprised if its actualy measured out at all more of a case of that looks about right
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

A typical Match

Unread post by endpeg »

Yes but raw bloodworm tends to come in one big pack that is then split up by the local supplier, whereas joker comes already split in 1pt or 1/2kg packs. If the local supplier needs 14 hook packs then he'll split it 14 ways. If he's only got 10 hook packs then you'll get a bit more! I tend to buy it in £3 and £5 amounts rather than by volume. It lasts ages at this time of year anyway - ive still got a pint of the stuff in the garage and some of its 3 weeks old! One day I'll draw a bream peg and be able to feed a bit of it but I dont seem to be that lucky!  Image

A typical Match

Unread post by 911654 »

I dont believe that for a minuet jon but then again bream usualy live on wide bends not to many end pegs on wide bends i understand what your saying and as i see it the cost for half a pint of bloodworm is £10 so therefor if you buy £5 pack would you not expect 1/4 of a pint
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

A typical Match

Unread post by Woodhouse »

The size of the packs of joker also depends what time of year it is...

When it first comes over the packs are usually quite big, this is when the streams are holding a lot of joker, after a few months of netting them the packs start getting smaller.

There is also a major difference in the size of the packs from poland and Russia, with the latter being approx 50% bigger. I had a kilo of Russian just before xmas that contained 6 pints!
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

A typical Match

Unread post by TK »

I had a kilo of Russian just before xmas that contained 6 pints!

Was that a 'looks like what I'd normally think of as 6 pints' or did you have it in the 'bath and strainer' and actually measure it Image