If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller match 2 2013

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 2 2013

Unread post by TK »

Fed, watered but still gruellered
Image Image Image

Well there is a plus side to running these gruellers after all. Image

Turned up ‘earlyish’ with Heinzer and trotted off to peg out and on our return I was greeted by a freshly cooked bostin bacon and egg sarnie, Image courtesy of Big Col T who had been frying up in the back of his van...........bostin ta Col  Image Image – looks like that’s incentive to turn up for the next ball acher Image

The draw got underway with the usual faces on the flyers  Image whilst I found myself on peg 10 and a peg I’d never fished before. What I did know was it was the peg that had thrown up that massive carp that reportedly had sprouted legs and went for a walk to a local commercial......... Image so there might be a beastie or two still knocking around..........might there?

Main attack was gunna be the white stuff and chop and caster and 4 rigs were soon set up. With 10 minutes before the off, I made my first fatal mistake ...........and had a wander up to see the guys on the ‘cock’ pegs. Fatal mistake I hear you ask........ Image

Yep – up on the ‘flyers’, that dastardly Keef  :P played a Starlets stroke and had me  psychologically shattered me before we’d even started  Image..........back I returned in a daze, so much so that having fed my lines, I trashed my first rig before it had even seen the water. Was that an omen of what was to come or what?     Image

By the time I’d replaced that rig with a duplicate, Tabbo to my left was flying, with 3 or 4 fish.  :o

Head down, time to try and reel him in.

But my float wouldn’t budge. MrV next door wasn’t fairing any better either.  :'(

After an hour and 40 minutes the dry net was avoided with kinver tiger no 1 taken down the track on chop. Image

Another look for his brothers, but they weren’t playing ball so after 5 mins I decided to have a look on the long chop line against the sedges.......... Image Image Image

Within a minute the float started sliding away.............. Image

A lift of the pole.............. Image

And 10 foot of no6 lackie screamed out into the middle of the sedges.......... Image Image

And snagged me up good and proper  Image

Trashed rig no 2 Image Image Image

Had another look on that line, but nowt, so I refed and decided to go and retaliate and stamp my feet in the area of Keefs peg  Image Image

On route I was invited to partake in the contents of Big Col T’s larger flask..............and very nice it was too  Image Image

Big Col T – master chef extraordinaire Image

Heinzer, with MGB in attendance, was having a few on end peg 18, next to what would have been end peg 1 – what was that all about  Image

I’d have taken a better pickie of that dastardly Keef, but I was keeping my distance this time  Image

Image[/URL]

Back I returned, positive I was gunna snare a munster on the chop. First look in again on that long line again and away the float slid............. Image

I was ready this time........... Image

A lift of the pole............ Image

And another 2oz stripey was the result this time, not what I was expecting. :'(

Time marched on without much else to report, so I wrapped up and headed off up the cut to weigh in the cracks on the flyers............

And here’s the moment you’ve been waiting for so patiently – the tale of the scales

PEG
18 HEINZER 0.12.10
1 BIG COL T 0.5.4
2 KEEF 0.15.5 Section winner
3 TREVOR B 0.2.14
4 CARL DIXON 0.12.0
5 COTTI 0.2.15

6 GAZ BUSBY 2.12.13 2nd
7 BIG COL 4.15.0 1st
8 BLUES4EVA 1.3.0 Section winner
9 ANDY TALBOT DNW
10 TK DNW
11 MRV DNW

12 KEN TYLER 0.3.14
13 THE HUNTER 0.7.11
14 MIKE E 0.13.9
15 KOD 1.7.7 3rd
16 YAMO 0.14.0 Section winner
17 BRAMBLES DNW

Caster fish accounted for the three in the frame – from one or two ‘unusual’ lines ............

Ah well, that’s three gruellers on the trot I’ve had, without a bite on the punch...........just where oh where have those silvers gone?????????  Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Grueller match 2 2013

Unread post by MrV »

It was a proper grueller Image Image. I drew a peg I quite liked the look of, but in the back of my mind I knew the last grueller had produced a dry net off it :'( :'( Not much to report.....5 bites in the last 40 minutes on single joker produced a microscopic perch and 3 roach...... Image Image

As TK says...where have all the breapunch fish gone. 3 matches on the trot and I haven't had a snifter on the white stuff :-/ :-/ Very worrying :-? :-? :-?
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Grueller match 2 2013

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Should we put our wellies on and try Clayhanger stretch again ??? ( dog poop bags at the ready )
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 2 2013

Unread post by TK »

Should we put our wellies on and try Clayhanger stretch again ??? (  dog poop bags at the ready )

Following discussions last night Trevor it was suggested that its now club controlled - £25 a season, £5 day ticket......
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 2 2013

Unread post by TK »

As TK says...where have all the breapunch fish gone. 3 matches on the trot and I haven't had a snifter on the white stuff Very worrying

I found a few yesterday Image
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Grueller match 2 2013

Unread post by Phil B »

My anxious wait is over and fears assuaged it was a proper grueller. My only regret was not to see the culinary expertise of Michelin 4 star Big Col