If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Must try harder

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Must try harder

Unread post by joffmiester »

Well yesterday i fished the Wreake champs its a lovely stretch of the grand union around foxton. It was one of the biggest turnouts they have had with 63 anglers all turning up at the Mcdonalds for the draw.Must admit i felt a little strange walking in with three sets of scales for Bobby use Image Image Well my drawing arm has still left me as i drew Deb-dale a section i have fished before and normally the higher the number the better it is Image Image well i drew 2 on the day which is permanent peg 4 Image Image pegs one and two are good but after that its a straight piece of canal :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ although permanent 3 does look the part with reeds finishing and dredger boat moored up on the opposite side just too far for me to reach plus it was blowing a gale unlike the pegs around the corner

I set the normal rigs but felt if i was going to have any chance it would be big fish as the wind would cock up any squatt or bread fishing saying that i did start on it to see what was in front of me

Groundbait for the day was a little towards skimmers using Sensas fine lake and majic with just a handful of roach just to stiffen the mix a little as fishmeal G/Bs seam very light and the canal has quite a few boats

my positive line would be down the track 13 metres to my left easier with the wind 3 balls of G/B with a few casters pinkies and really fine chopped worm the plan was a quick look after half ahour if nothing just little top ups during the match
bread punch was a nightmare with leaves the wind so that was some disspelled and thrown up the bank chopped worm was my next attack after putting three lobworms and 40 to 50 casters i went straight on it Boom one first chuck but at the time i had about 3 lots of walkers and thefish came off Image Image straight back and another bite just as a boat was coming :-X :-X :-X lucky for me i managed to get my pole through a hole in the hedge first time and that was in the net

for some reason the leaves had started to gather right where i had been fishing Image Image

i refed and had a quick look over the G/B line still no sign so back to the chopped worm but that was only odd small perch it was getting on in te match and any chance of winning my section or the match were fastly running out :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
the wind had dropped so i picked up my caster rig and put a small redworm and a caster on it as hookbait the float didn't settle propperly i'd only fouled hooked a skimmer and just at the net came off Image Image next cast the same another but this time it was only hooked for seconds Image Image
I shallowed up about 8 inches off bottom which resulted in a missed bite so i put just a caster on the float buried my first skimmer

I had time for one more before the end of the match Image Image come the weigh in it was going to be tight as the phone calls i'd had all said the same its not fished that good .Iknew the fish i had lost would cost me and when i looked at the fish in the scale pan i knew there was too much green showing Image Image 6lb8oz 7lb won my section John Shellard as he was first or second out the main money Image Image

keep going but must try harder Image Image i hope i draw on a few on taffys match wednesday Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Must try harder

Unread post by craftytafty »

Definitely will matey.
Graham Barry's coming too so that's the entertainment sorted lol :D :D
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Must try harder

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Joff,
Dont be a lazy angler :D have another line into the wind !! You cut (pardon the pun) Your chances down too much on that type of canal Mate, it's a must to go left and right on a venue like that. Also wait a bit longer before You set the hook with worm baits. Just trying to help.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Must try harder

Unread post by joffmiester »

::) ::) cheers choppy i just didn't fancy it the hedge was bad enough going down the peg it was a struggle to move for the boats bikers and walkers when the towpath is so narrow :-/ :-/ :-/ still point taken Image
old_trentman

Must try harder

Unread post by old_trentman »

And i canot get wed :'( still will be there on sat lol you will catch loads Joff ,have a good day mate Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Must try harder

Unread post by craftytafty »

no probs Tony, I'll let you know how it goes.