If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Great evesham festival again

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

yesterday i took the tribe for a day out at Evesham whether you are fishing or watching its a great experience. well forward thinking by the tank commander she had loaded up with pound coins ready for the fair as mini dumper truck can get through pound coins like Bill can rigs in bushes Image Image
FIRST PORT OF CALL was the cafe wine and dine the family and then the rest of the day is mine to run the bank Image Imagewhile the tank commander entertains the kids on the fair Image Image
i enjoy walking the bank as much as fishing the matches as you get to see other anglers fishing ,a good look at their rigs and bait and also pick up the odd tips Image [you're never too old to pick up tips ]plus you build up a far better picture of the venue .Evesham is not for the faint hearted angler shallow, deep ,fast slow every peg has its own identity and its good to see some of the top anglers and how they approach them.its also great meeting up with your mates old and new.Evesham can reduce even the best anglers to tearers and many leave the bank broken but thats what makes it such a good event

i spent a good amount of time with bicko i watched him before going to the cafe feeding the peg and i must say he was on a good peg after drawing it on the saturday darren managed to draw peg 1 in the team event .Darren will tell you everything you want to know and doesn't mind you sitting behind him Image

But even Bicko found the peg hard to crack on the day very cofident after catching 6lb plus off it on the Saturday it seamed the roach had switched off Image Image never a dull moment with Bicko but he swopped and changed to keep fish going in thenet no matter what size its all about putting fish in the net from pole to waggler and waggler to pole fish kept going in the net ;) ;)

Barbel always play a part in the weekend and the team event is no different with the winner and second rob perkins both catching one each not the biggest for Evesham but the team event on the 3rd day and the river running clear it was always going to be hard putting a good roach weight together Image Image

Bicko finished with3lb14oz i think for 5th in his section and looking at his expression he was not too pleased but you can only do your best and after watching him decission that he made paid off and i wouldn't of thought any other angler would of caught more .for me this gave me confidence in my own fishing
well done to the organisers once again the best river competition there is Image Image
it was great to see my old mate Dave hall and managed to have a sit down with the backroom staff of matchfishing mag and put the world to right ;) ;) ;)
hopefully i will be fishing it next year again Image Image Image
well done to dorking on a very hard river dropping only nine points is a brilliant performance to say the least and off a middle peg draw ;) ;) ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Southern aces wins Match Fishing Team Championship.

Daiwa Dorking have won the Match Fishing Team Championship on the Warwickshire Avon at Evesham, scoring a remarkable 61 points out of a possible 70. The team, made up of Simon Willsmore, Darren Davies, Will Raison, Michael Buchwalder and Ian Didcote beat second placed Shakespeare Superteam by a twelve point margin.
The squads manager Simon Willsmore explained: “We are quite fortunate as most of us know the river well, and lessons learned over the Bank Holiday Festival helped us to formulate a good plan. The key was feeding a good quantity of joker at the start of the match, and refraining from topping up for as long as possible. There were also a lot of fish to be caught on a small maggot feeder – with good perch and eels proving valuable to several of our anglers.

In the individual stakes, it was Pete Morris of W B Clarke who picked up the honours with a weight of 11-8-0 from peg 19. Pete caught a double figure barbel on maggot feeder, cast down to a lilly bed to his left, and a handful of smaller perch on the pole. Matrix Dynamite Trentmen’s Rob Perkins took second spot, with another fine barbel of around 8lb, plus a handful of small roach on bloodworm to finish with 9-14-0.

Result:
1 Daiwa Dorkings 61pts
2 Shakespeare Superteam 52pts
3 Ultimate Barnsley Blacks 49pts

Individuals:
1 Pete Morris (W B Clarke) 11-8-0 (peg 19)
2 Rob Perkins (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 9-14-0 (peg 10)
3 Darren Massey (Shakespeare Superteam) 6-15-0 (peg 64)
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Absolutely love being there for the festival these days. Pity I missed the glory years.

Find these matches very interesting, how the pegs are tackled, how the methods are fished. About the the only occasion I get to see top anglers on the river.

Hard venue but often bites to be had, see enough walking the bank.

Thanks for the results boards Joffie.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i ment to mention the first two days B/J is optional as they are individual matches so if you qualify and just want to fish for bream,tench,eel's and barbel feel free B/J is based on the third day for the team event Image the hardest part is qualifing Image Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

Loved the way the daughter knew where the pound coins were hidden Image
dazzla
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Sensas

Unread post by dazzla »

I always enjoy the Evesham festival and look forward to it every year. Image
All the top anglers attend Evesham that weekend either watching or taking part and it was nice to spend the Monday with Joff and his family this year :)