If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hi from a new member!

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Hi from a new member!

Unread post by me »

i used to fish bishton (next door to carnies ) alot, but haven't been for about 12 months.
Image Image
SteveB1957

Hi from a new member!

Unread post by SteveB1957 »

I also fished Bishton.......but it was Waaaaaayyyy back ...erm..... 2005ish????
I camped there overnight but there was a couple of young lads that was throwing beer bottles about.... and shouting half the night.
Not really fishing ...just causing hassle! >:( >:(
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Hi from a new member!

Unread post by Obi »

was a couple of young lads that was throwing beer bottles about.... and shouting half the night.
Not really fishing ...just causing hassle!

thats the reason i dont go there...exact opposite of carneys,,
humpy
Match Team/ Club: Railway tavern a/c

Hi from a new member!

Unread post by humpy »

Hi SteveB Raiway Tavern on Carneys on sunday if your in the area, no problem walking around with us we may not catch much but we have the banter, it may be a bit quiet without OBI
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Hi from a new member!

Unread post by Obi »

it may be a bit quiet without OBI

cheeky fecker..you will still have snowie to keep you all awake Image Image
SteveB1957

Hi from a new member!

Errmmmm... I took the 2 kids on carneys today for their coaching session on the whip. I wish I could put their pictures up to show you what they caught!!!! ( against fostering rules) A beautiful Perch and a real nice bream and loads of little roach!!!
After 2 hours, the eldest got bored so I jumped into his spot for half an hour.
I was ......wait for it........ using a 4 metre elasticated whip, using double maggot on a size 16, 2lb hook length and I think the main line was 3 or 4 lb... It was set up to take small silver fish!

It took me just under 5 minutes to land this 6-7lb Carp!!!!!
redtail
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Match Team/ Club: Ilminster AA

Hi from a new member!

Unread post by redtail »

Welcome to the forum :)
SteveB1957

Hi from a new member!

Thanks Redtail.........
Well..........
As a die hard traditional rod and line guy, I have stepped out of my comfort zone!
I thought what the hell! (and after my resounding success with a 4 metre whip! :D ) I went on Fleabay and bought myself a 9.4 metre pole with an extra top section, to try out. A Browning reduced from £80 to £40! I wasn't going to spend mega bucks on something that might be relegated to the back of the garage or used to prop up my sweet peas!.  :D
I thought I could use this in the margins etc... before I commit to a longer one! Somebody once told me, it's not how long it is, it's the way you use it! :D ( was that advice about fishing? can't remember!!!! Image )
I used to have an 11 metre many years ago but it was that heavy, it really put me off.
No doubt I will be asking Obi or MRV to take a look at it, and see if it is set up right etc... just promise not to extract the urine too much, as I have a very sensitive nature.  Image :D :D