If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Fishing License

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Fishing License

Unread post by Simple »

Just renewed mine online .. http://www.postoffice.co.uk/rod-fishing-licence
I actually got an email, just clicked a link and paid. Easy Peasy. Image Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Fishing License

Unread post by Pedro »

Given weather/climate changes over recent years... can we  expect a  25% rebate on our licence. fee  Image
Be fore anyone says  that EA have a valid point  that the climate is beyond their control..
What .they do,do is govern when we're allowed to fish the rivers  Image

Think its abart time that they lifted the closed season on rivers  Image Image Image Image
daskin

Fishing License

Unread post by daskin »

Given weather/climate changes over recent years... can we  expect a  25% rebate on our licence. fee  Image
Be fore anyone says  that EA have a valid point  that the climate is beyond their control..
What .they do,do is govern when we're allowed to fish the rivers  Image

Think its abart time that they lifted the closed season on rivers  Image Image Image Image
I agree totally, theres no sense to it at all, if there is a closed season it should be for all waters, so not having one should go by the same rules., Our local river usually is about spot on when the season ends.
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fishing License

Unread post by gale »

i agree that it should be a blanket closed season on all waters. I also have no issue paying the fee for the license but in the 9 years i have been fishing on freshwater i have never been asked to produce my cards.

i think most people would agree that if we was issued with a license that was plastic and more along the lines of a driving license, it should be made on commercials that you have to scan in to be able to fish if you dont you and the fishery get fined. And make it a heavy fine for the fishery owners, That way the fishery owners would then insure that people turning up to fish have a license.

I know you cant do this on rivers but with todays technology its only a phone call from the agent to find out if you actually have a license. And if the cards were like a driving license you could renew it year after year rather than a new flimsy card each year.
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Fishing License

Unread post by Pedro »

see where your coming from with the cards Gale
If the EA and AT got their heads together and issue one chipped card holding all relevant information.. Annually it would save a fortune on postage and correspondence alone.

regarding closed season..im with Daskin ..scrap it!!! as come end of next week the rivers will be spot on.
Since november Ive only fished tidal trent three times as its been at top of levee due to the amount of extra water locked into the ground.
It would be nice to be able to fish the rivers again for atleast nine months a year instead of six. Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Fishing License

Unread post by bill yards »

Pedders, I went into having the same card for the rod license and angling Tust and there is a simple reason as why that can not happen. Tax comes into it and the cost would be quite a more than the two on their own.

I was explained all this a few years back and although it was deeply considered the cost would be prohibitive for what you got. I can't remember all the facts and figures.

MUST do away with the river closed season - it is ridiculous and one I have banged the draw about for years. We may as well GIVE the EUs all our river fish as there is nobody there to stop them stealing them.
After all it hasn't done the canals any harm. Image Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Fishing License

Unread post by Pedro »

Thanks fo that William...you're a wise old sage Image
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fishing License

Unread post by gale »

but my point is if a supermarket or a gym can provide you with a card for free then so can other people. its a simple barcode system and i think the whole thing with cost is an excuse. i think if they charged £5 admin fee for ya first card then it would cover it. And to be honest i would pay a little more a year if i see the money going to good work. The cost cant be to do with the amount of bailiffs they employ as i have never seen one.

What about if they bought a license out for just commercials or just rivers. would this change anything if there was heavy fines for the people with a license to fish commercials caught on river/canal? i think personally there will never be a perfect system but i think there is room for alot of improvement.

and the thing with a close season is if you was to keep it all open then i think it would be fine, but i think really the commercials should close for example the carp spawn in the margins and all you see is kids with shock stikks rippin carp out the margins all day in spawning season which is very wrong. i cant really comment of the rivers and canals as i dont get to fish such things often but although its great fishing its is surely better for the health of the fish and the whole eco system that the waters have a break from it for a bit
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Fishing License

Unread post by big_cup »

but my point is if a supermarket or a gym can provide you with a card for free then so can other people. its a simple barcode system and i think the whole thing with cost is an excuse. i think if they charged £5 admin fee for ya first card then it would cover it. And to be honest i would pay a little more a year if i see the money going to good work. The cost cant be to do with the amount of bailiffs they employ as i have never seen one.

What about if they bought a license out for just commercials or just rivers. would this change anything if there was heavy fines for the people with a license to fish commercials caught on river/canal? i think personally there will never be a perfect system but i think there is room for alot of improvement.

and the thing with a close season is if you was to keep it all open then i think it would be fine, but i think really the commercials should close for example the carp spawn in the margins and all you see is kids with shock stikks rippin carp out the margins all day in spawning season which is very wrong. i cant really comment of the rivers and canals as i dont get to fish such things often but although its great fishing its is surely better for the health of the fish and the whole eco system that the waters have a break from it for a bit

I agree it doesn't happen often but they are out there, my first check in 6 / 7 years was at Lindholme 3 weeks ago, where 6 baliffs were on patrol, all in stab prove vest's and all working in pairs. I asked what it was all about and the one that checked me told me they now have to work safely in big numbers with all that equipment because of the threat ( I'll leave your imagination to run wild by who ) but he told me they do not speak English apparently Image Image

As I have posted on another site on this subject, what is our country coming to?? >:( >:(
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Fishing License

Unread post by Bullah »

i cant really comment of the rivers and canals as i dont get to fish such things often but although its great fishing its is surely better for the health of the fish and the whole eco system that the waters have a break from it for a bit
Gale, I think you will find that most fish, if any,dont feed whilst spawning ( would u stop for a sandwich ?) Also, with our much altered climate, when exactly is it right to have such a close season..... seasons have vastly changed since days gone by, and fish surely spawn on instinct, not by set dates, so, to that end, I would suggest that a close season isnt needed, as it is self governing.... as for not fishing canals and rivers..... shame on you, ;-)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Fishing License

Unread post by joffmiester »

evolution tells you fish are having to spawn more nowadays what with cormorants pike numbers otters and mink the population of small fish is vast in lakes canals drains and rivers the time for river close season has to be coming to end soon
today's news
we are over run with rabbits,foxes ,badgers ,mink ,pigeons and now deer ask the question why Image Image
fish have been here for millions of years and have seen there environment change thousands of times yet they say we have never had it so good ???
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fishing License

Unread post by gale »

i cant really comment of the rivers and canals as i dont get to fish such things often but although its great fishing its is surely better for the health of the fish and the whole eco system that the waters have a break from it for a bit
Gale, I think you will find that most fish, if any,dont feed whilst spawning ( would u stop for a sandwich ?) Also, with our much altered climate, when exactly is it right to have such a close season..... seasons have vastly changed since days gone by, and fish surely spawn on instinct, not by set dates, so, to that end, I would suggest that a close season isnt needed, as it is self governing.... as for not fishing canals and rivers..... shame on you, ;-)

yes yes i would stop for a sarnie but thats more to do with me and my fat so and so appetite lol. yeh i know what your saying and i do agree with ya but the part i think of is how would you like it if you was interrupted by a feeder being dropped on your head right at the money shot moment.

and i would love to fish rivers etc more but the closest i get is a little farm dyke, a place called the canal ( thats not a canal its just a moat with fish in it, but its been there since time began) its not through choice its through location and the fact that the only sections of river near me are impossible to fish/get to/find, or if i did fish them i would be risking my health through the people who speak-a-no-english
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Fishing License

Unread post by Bullah »

Gale, my comments were said very much tongue in cheek.... and as for a feeder hitting me on the head , tbh, once on the vinegar strokes, nothings gonna stop me, in the fabled words of the late Magnus Magnusson " Ive started so Il finish" .... purely hypothetical of course, as I live a pure and chaste lifestyle, wehn Im not working or fishing, I can be found polishing my Halo
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

Fishing License

Unread post by cheslynboy »

Bulla if you had a halo it would choke ya Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Fishing License

Unread post by Bullah »

Re: Fishing License
Reply #13 - Yesterday at 11:31pm Bulla if you had a halo it would choke ya
Im deeply hurt at that comment..... how very dare you..... err , oh , hmmm, yeah, well ok then Image
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fishing License

Unread post by gale »

i know but it annoys the crap outta me cuz i wanna fish rivers and stuff cant some one just come build them here for me please and thank you.

and yes i know what you mean what polish do you use for your halo cuz mine isnt as bright as it could be Image
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Fishing License

Unread post by Bullah »

Im Sure TK could find you a place on the SMF canal championship, if only you can get to the west midlands Gale, its a great day, teh fishing is only a part of it.... As for polish, I use hemp water, reduced , thickened with turmeric, reduced again, frozen, thawed and then , and only then, do I apply it, using chamois leather Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Fishing License

Unread post by me »

well cashmores/ harrisons has a closed season on one part of their stretch but its nothing to do with any type of fish or who's bonking who but its all down to a plant. Yes a plant is the reason it as a close season. Personally for all i and millions of others know we could of walked all over this plant as none of us have a clue what it looks like.

Im sure TK will post what the plant is ;)
Image Image
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fishing License

Unread post by gale »

Im Sure TK could find you a place on the SMF canal championship, if only you can get to the west midlands Gale, its a great day, teh fishing is only a part of it.... As for polish, I use hemp water, reduced , thickened with turmeric, reduced again, frozen, thawed and then , and only then, do I apply it, using chamois leather  Image

I really wish I could but with work and money and travel its jst real hard. I'm only a lowly stevedore so I don't earn a great wage. Maybe il come down and do a weekend if I can
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Fishing License

Unread post by Dave C »

Gale, Cant you get yourself down to the Medway plenty of places to fish there.