If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

SLIDER PRACTICE FOR TRIALS!!

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

All, my upcoming England trial is on Maver Larford, and requires us to fish 75% Wag & Slider and 25% pole. As i havent fished the slider for a few months, and want to get in some practice prior to my trial, i was wondering if anyone could suggest anywhere local (Derby)??
Cheers!
old_trentman

Unread post by old_trentman »

HI GO TO THE DONO LAKE AT HEMMINTON LOADS ROACH AND SKIMMERS AND NICE DEPTH , I FISHED SLIDER THERE LAST YEAR IN SILVER FISH OPENS, ITS JUST SPOT ON FOR WOT YOU WONT LOADS OF BITES ,HAVE FUN :D Image
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Ahhh top idea!! I know the lake well! i need a peg where i can catapult grounbait at it, the bottom far corner should give me some distance?
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

sam young harry is going ! there is a place near loughborough called the brickyard pits its really deep what helped me understand the method more was the time taken for the float to settle whether its 15ft or 25ft to get it to fall right is one of the most important parts if you get it wrong its tangle after tangle [not that ive done much only in holland odd times ]
hemmington sound good though   Image Image Image
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Ok mate, and yes i know, its imperitive to use a stiff line such as 5lb maxima to minimise tangles, we fished it on our trial last year on the loughborough canal. Bur bank at larford on the speci lake is only going to be around 12-15ft deep where we are fishing the method, so hemmington seems ideal for a bit of practice. The only thing is, im going straight from Whiteacres with Matt Godfrey on the friday night before the trial, so it doesnt leave much time to get a few hours practice in! Hopefully see Harry down there!
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Gloucester canal* NOT loughborough haha
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by MrWright »

Sam hemmo is defo a top venue choice! Remember to buy yourself some gb catapults (the green drennan ones are the best) and cut the elastic back at various lengths to achieve different ranges to get your bait to when stretched out fully. Ring me if you need any help pal.
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Gents, Trials were cancelled due to weather, so i shall be practicing this weekend at hemmoington (donno lake) if anyone fancies a trip out, providing mark doesnt have a open on that lake.
mark2459

Unread post by mark2459 »

Gents, Trials were cancelled due to weather, so i shall be practicing this weekend at hemmoington (donno lake) if anyone fancies a trip out, providing mark doesnt have a open on that lake.
will go next weekend if you are still practicing, let me know Image
Harry_Wilkinson

Unread post by Harry_Wilkinson »

I didn't go for the England Trials this year mate, maybe next year ! If you going hemmington Saturday drop me a text mate ill come down and practice with you anyway, could do with sorting my cattys out !
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Send me your numbers if you want to join lads, more the merrier, i shall ring mark brookes tommorow just to confirm there isnt an open on the lake and wll let you know on here, hopefully be there saturday and sunday but deffinintely saturday if i cant make both. :)
mark2459

Unread post by mark2459 »

Send me your numbers if you want to join lads, more the merrier, i shall ring mark brookes tommorow just to confirm there isnt an open on the lake and wll let you know on here, hopefully be there saturday and sunday but deffinintely saturday if i cant make both.  :)
U538467

Unread post by U538467 »

Lads, spoke to brookesy today, Donna lake is free Saturday, but there is a match on it Sunday, So looks like it's just Saturday practising, im off all next week though, and my trial has been rescheduled for the 6th of April, so i imagine il be going some times next week too. Mark il drop you a text soon, Cheers.