If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Out with the Royals - Ricky's Pool

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

( Whitnash Royals A.C. is a small traditional Angling Club, the same as many up and down the country, based in Whitnash, Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire)

Ricky's Pool at Parkers Fishery in Bulkington is an usual construction. I like it.

Best described as a commercial type canal venue, shaped as a squercal, thats a square with the corners cut off, or almost a circle. Some call it a doughnut.

Access is over a bridge, onto a central island with the canal all around. Short walks, or none at all and you're not looking at anybody opposite. Smashin'.

When I decided to put up these bits abouts my days out with the Royals, I really didnt intend them to be 'reports' as such, in fact anything but. But, as I don't know what else to write just now and people don't seem to want to hear about my campaign to bring back the 1/2p... I seem to be sliding towards it. So here's goes, a half one, sort of...

I'd got in mind a pole match. Pre-conceived idea, not always a good thing.

As I crossed the bridge onto the island, a glance right, revealed this lovely sight ...

Just right for spot of pole fishin. Hardly any wind.

...They began to gather on the island

It's a stick up.

As we do, I drew... and arrived at my peg  :o Image Could you Adam and Eve it  !

That wind was stronger than it looks, honestly.

Geoff pointed out it was 13.5 to 14m over, where they back off too. No chance of holding it with a side wind. All the best laid plans eh.

Picked three swims left right and centre short, at the bottom of the near shelf and lightly fed em with 2mm pellet, fishing 4mm expander, plus another line straight out a couple more metres, when I could hold it.

This produced 3 skimmers and a small carp, all in the first half of the match.

Who said I over fed it ? Didn't think so, but ... ?

Meanwhile Cliff to my right was pullin out carp on the method over. I didnt fancy it, but knew it was probably the right thing to do. Chucked it out and had one straight off then nothing. My heart wasn't in it, so returned obstinately to my pole lines and plugged away for the rest of the match accumulating my grand total of 6lb 2 oz.

Well done to Cliff next door with his frame weight of 16lb.

Quite a tough day fishing wise for the venue.

Scores on the doors ....

Nice to see a new member Rob O winning and different names generally, up there  Image

Next week ... it's Bishops Bowl, White.    Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

as I don't know what else to write just now

Know the feeling MarkV ;)

ps Image Image Image - did I tell you about my fantastic collection of 1/2p's ;)