If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Out with the Royals - Match 3 -Windy Tofts Silver

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

( Whitnash Royals A.C. is a small traditional Angling Club, the same as many up and down the country, based in Whitnash, Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire)

Tofts Lakes Silver - Match 3 - Wind in yer face or what.

It was blowin' an absolute hooley today, smack in yer face. Same for many others mind, some worse.

60lb odd won it. Mr Attwood showing everyone how to do it with an excellent day. Carp I’m told.  Fishing the ‘silvers’ lake, I’d sorted out my 1/2oz quivertip, the lightest I possess. With cold water and only silvers and F1’s, thought it'd be just the job with a slight breeze on, if I kept it sheltered. Apparently it’s been stocked with Carp 
Image Image

Still… wouldn’t have made much difference the way I fished. Struggled with my pole in the gale and despite efforts to fish longer, eventually settled on a line at 2+2, where the bed seemed to level out somewhat. This is where I plundered my 9lb 8oz from, a few tiny roach, some small carp and f1’s.

The missus has just  fallen off the sofa laughing after I told her 60lb odd won it. We’re thinking of having an extension built for my tackle and I spent goodness knows how much on this elastic and that elastic this week, tied rigs and faffed about for an eternity.

I’m writing this sitting on a drawing pin. Someone told me there’s no gain without pain and something has to be done quick, so I’ve had to improvise.In the circumstances I hope you’ll understand if this piece is brief.

With the 'head on' gale I had to collect my cap more times than I netted fish. Gave it up once, but Cliff kindly returned it, so I carried on the rigmarole.  Image

Mr Bennett specifically asked me to point out that he beat me by two ounces to my left. Box ticked.  :D

Well done Mr Bradley, to my right, who battered me with a far bank feeder, again. The carp seem to like those.
Have you ever wondered if it’s all worth it ? I have and it definitely is. Image  Image

We had two new members today, good news for any club. Up to 21 now, i’m informed. Nice to see new faces.

One is still finding his way around and went to the wrong lake after the draw. Another club was fishing but he assures me he didn’t start.

The Chairman is accusing me of jinxing everything, well, specifically the weather, after starting this on here. He could be right, who knows  Image but once again ….

the only way is up !

Just noticed it was a 100% turnout, 21 fishing.

View to my left.

Next stop Parkers Fishery, Coventry, Ricky's Pool.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ta for the report Chief Scribe Image