If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

making paste

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

making paste

Unread post by bill yards »

I get a decorater in; he usually brings a bit of paste with him Image Image Image
Mark_Roberson

making paste

Unread post by Mark_Roberson »

funny you should say that Bill I've been painting this week :'( can't wait to get back doing what I should be doing  Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

making paste

Unread post by Dave C »

I much prefer to use groundbait to make my paste. Swimstim Green and Crazy Bait Strawberry cover most of my paste fishing.

I add hot water to the groundbait in an old large casserole dish. Stir it up and then use an old potato masher to ensure it all mixes evenly. If I have time before I need it I will then freeze it as I find this improves the texture making the paste smoother (spread it into flat parcels as it takes less time to defrost than a large ball.)

If I need to make from pellets I would grind into powder and make the same way as with groundbait.
cjsid
Match Team/ Club: doultons

making paste

Unread post by cjsid »

Hi I use £1 shop expanders (dont know if they still do them ) grind them up add some sea salt ,then add water on the bank.Used loads of other ways but this worked best for me ,hope this helps. Image
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

making paste

Unread post by gale »

well that helps me alot thanks guys its just so many people have their own methods and own preferences that it can be a a bit confusing for a simpleton like me.

thanks for all the help
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

making paste

Unread post by Bullah »

I use Ringers paste, comes in a bag, with a line to fill it upto with water, follow the instructions and its idiot proof... Iv caught well on it too
Mark_Roberson

making paste

Unread post by Mark_Roberson »

Gale when the weather starts to get a bit warmer, get down your local commercial obviously where they allow paste and just have a mess around with various people's takes on paste and you will start to find your own method on paste and what works for you  Image just don't forget mate keep it simple water pellets  Image