If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

How to you buy your Tackle ?

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
chub_tamer
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by chub_tamer »

am like a tortoise come out for the summer to play pedro Image Image
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by gale »

as much as i love the local shop and going and browsing, talking with the owner, other anglers gettin opinions and a bit of banter etc its great. but as a 26 year old gettin hitched (which costs more than all my gear put together) and trying to buy a house ( place to store more gear Image) its the price that can make me go online.

i still go to the shop for simple things and things that i would rather not trust a courier with, but unfortunately cost is a massive issue as im sure all of you can appreciate. And also 99% of my gear is 2nd hand from the "tackle tarts" at the local commercial.

Some of the problem round my way is the fact sea fishing is strong as is carp and course so the shops have to carry the lot and they cant or the stuff they do carry is the cheapest old crap ya could wish for and not worth wasting the money on. Which from a customer point of view is awful but from a shopkeepers point of view is the outlay for most things as they physically have to have it in the shop to sell it where online your buying the picture you see online way before you buy the actual goods.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

I buy some bits and bobs from Trafford Angling.

Also being involved with a team brings a degree of sponsorship ..... it all helps Image