If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

River Soar: Best day-ticket section?

Sensas, Europe's number 1 bait company and more.

Moderator: joffmiester

Liam.P1985

River Soar: Best day-ticket section?

Unread post by Liam.P1985 »

Hi folks, I'm hoping to get some advice from any venue regulars on the best section to fish. I'm not a member of any of the controlling clubs, so it needs to be a stretch where day-tickets are available. I would prefer to fish pole only, and any help would be greatly appreciated regarding baits, rigs, depths etc. Thanks :)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Re: River Soar: Best day-ticket section?

Unread post by joffmiester »

Hi really sorry missed this Liam
Qourn AS
Loughborough Soar
Leicester Mal
Bennettes bait and tackle
These are the clubs that run most of the soar towards suuton bonnington Long eaton fed have some water
most details can be picked up from Bennetts Bait and Tackle in Mountsorrel
some of the clubs have canal stretches :thumsup
Liam.P1985

Thanks Joffmiester :tiphat

I will give Bennetts a visit then, I'm sure the guys in there will put me on some fish. Thanks for the help.
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Soar lane, Sutton Bonnington. Walk upstream (Left) and fish opposite the pub. G/B with Squatts and a few Casters in it at long pole range, fish Pinkie/Maggot on the hook. Top 5s needed. 1/1.5grm float. Bulk half depth, strung out shot below, Skimmers, Perch and Roach. You can catch on Hemp, but only if you're a fishing god!!

Chopped worm on the inside near a feature (Pads) Big Perch, Tench and the odd Eel.

Sometimes the big Bream show downstream if there is a bit on, feeder across.

Nice easy fishing, flat walk and good pegs. At least it was when I used to fish there. Enjoy.
Liam.P1985

Thanks for the advice Arch :thumsup

I have fished that section once before but really struggled...got plagued by pike which certainly put the silvers off. I will give it another go, and also want to try closer to Barrow as well as ive been told its good fishing there.
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

No worries. I never really liked the Soar TBH, Normanton and Sutton I could just about stomach, but struggled on the natural river.

Having said all that, I may get a ticket and fish for the Barbel on the Abbey. Might as well as I can't catch them out of the Dove. :-/