If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

re pegging

LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Match Team/ Club: Tunnel Barn Farm Vets
Sponsor: Fishermans Friend .... and Mo,s

re pegging

Unread post by LarryTeepot »

gonna re peg it all again right form peg 1.....hope to use all pegs then lets see whats on the pegs we dont normally put in?....just thinking out loud ......any comments will be listened to Image
marko sbc
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: sensas black country
Sponsor: sensas/fosters

re pegging

Unread post by marko sbc »

does peg one include a hard hat and minder to keep the kids from breaking ya nut with bricks and such then????????? Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

re pegging

Unread post by joffmiester »

gonna re peg it all again right form peg 1.....hope to use all pegs then lets see whats on the pegs we dont normally put in?....just thinking out loud ......any comments will be listened to Image

question about pegging at this time of year do you think its as important to leave big gaps between pegs
why i'm asking is last weekend the canal fished hard and bearing in mind its not B/J the fish seamed to be very tight and at points some one would catch loads of fish yet the angler on the next peg can't get a bite the canal is quite clear and the fish are not moving during the day yet some anglers iF the pegs were a little tighter i think you would have a better chance of catching than the  ImageDNW on the board you might not get a big weight winning the match but it might allow more fish to be caught what do you think :-/ :-/ :-/
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

re pegging

Unread post by TK »

Thats a point I keep pondering about Joffie..........and I'm talking on the cuts here, I know some guys like plenty of space between pegs say 20 to 25 yards apart.

I might be miles off the mark, but I've got the niggling feeling that if the fish 'back off', they back off into the area inbetween the 'pegs' and ultimately out of reach of both anglers.......and thus uncatchable

Whereas if the pegging is tighter........where can they back off to other than into sedges, tight under bushes etc Image

Ok, they might also stay put and shut up shop and still be uncatchable Image

But to be honest, end pegs excepted and 'unavoidable' gaps in pegging (OH lines etc) can't say I've really clocked any noticable difference in weights from a run of 'average' pegs whether they are 20/25 yards apart or as we used to peg in the 'old' days, which was '11 strides' apart. Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

re pegging

Unread post by bill yards »

If this is any good to yer.

We, (Stafford IW) AA have a dead straight half mile length of the Shopshire Union Canal. It is six to seven metres wide and has a good depth. It's no good in the summer due to the boat traffic and being narrow.

I use to peg it normally and it always, bar none, fished crap with 4 lb being a mega weight, yet I knew the length was, and still is, full of fish.

It was left alone for a few years granted but like other clubs these waters aren't free and rents have to be paid.

I had a rethink and started to give miles more room, up to 40 yards. It was an unbelievable transformation, the weights escalated and 4lb odd was well last and at the last few match I ran at Little Onn when I included it, it was THE favoured section to draw.

For the record can't think of 'owt worse than sharing a crappity smack handkerchief with the geezer next door. In my view a peg (and we pay for these remember) should be a minumum of 22 yards, ANYWHERE. Half of that it should be half the crappity smack peg fee, rant crappity smack over but we are all being crappity smack ripped off big crappity smack style.

Am I talking 6 finger shuffle Image Image?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

re pegging

Unread post by TK »

Bloody hell Bill - I missed that bite Image
two shakes
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cornerstone

re pegging

Unread post by two shakes »

......any comments will be listened to Image

Can i have my Mars Bars back please ? Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

re pegging

Unread post by Dodge »

Should of been on the Lanky the other week ....... 9 crappity smack yards between each peg Image Image .......

and yes it fished crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE ! Image Image Image ::)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

re pegging

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Image sh#t we would of had 3 anglers in-between us in that case Image Image are bit friendly up there dodge Image Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

re pegging

Unread post by Dodge »

Image Image sh#t we would of had 3 anglers in-between us in that case Image Image are bit friendly up there dodge Image Image Image

Been informed it will deffo be 20 yds between pegs on the Lanky w/lge this sunday Joff ;) Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

re pegging

I crappity smack well hate close pegging Image Image Image Image Image

Some of the crappity smack are better off pegging the crappity smack washing; they get more room between the crappity smack shirts.

My pet crappity smack hate, it's 6 finger shuffle Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

re pegging

Unread post by TK »

I've only ever had one complaint of tight pegging on my matches Bill - on the T & M at Tuppenhurst Lane a few years back........

The complaint came from Ron the Pov who was moaning that Jack Fletcher kept leaning over and pinching his sarnies off his tray Image ;)

But I'd better not open up a can of worms with any comments re tight pegging on (some) commercials............ Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

re pegging

Unread post by TK »

9 crappity smacking yards between each peg

Now that is tight........ :o

Been informed it will deffo be 20 yds between pegs on the Lanky w/lge this sunday Joff

Be interesting to learn what difference it makes to the results Dodge .......keep us posted Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

re pegging

Unread post by MarkV »

20 yards minumum pleeeze !!! Image
LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

re pegging

interesting comments.....small heath should also be interesting there gonna be 20 yards apart and every peg will go in this year.........or should we peg the same as normal and put anglers on fish........ and am i really gonna take any notice Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

re pegging

Don't get me going on tight pegging, it is my pet hate.

You pay for a peg you should get decent space; couldn't give two crappity smack where it is.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Tight pegging is generally done by crappity smack who are too idle to walk any further.
Boycott the crappity smack Image Image Image
LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

re pegging

well that sure aint us bill we spread 20 angler over 60 pegs.... and they still moan when they only do 5lb Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

re pegging

Unread post by lloydy »

Think re-pegging with 20+ yards and every peg in is the way to go mate, but i'll come what ever you do.

And those that moan that it's pegged here there and everywhere please don't moan when its pegged how asked and you dont catch( ban moaners) Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

re pegging

( ban moaners)

Good idea Lloydy; there's one on my list from Saturday Image
LarryTeepot
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

re pegging

i should have replied to this last season,We did re-peg at the min of 20yards and i did put every peg in....you gonna guess the rest..... 3 weeks of straight lines and it was back to put the pegs in with fish on.You cannot please all the anglers thats for sure. We have a car park at each end of the stretch so its off road parking.people still park on road .what do you have to do to please canal anglers.10 to 15 years ago 2lb was a good canal weight small heath usually needs double figures to win now and sections 8lb if ya lucky....and still when i ask how you done the answer back is............crap i only had 120 fish ImageImageroll on this spring......ok i have stopped ranting aswell