If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Monk Lake 2 21st October 2017

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Monk Lake 2 21st October 2017

Unread post by Dave C »

We normally end our season on the first weekend in October at Hartleylands Res, but seeing as some wanted a go at Monk lake 2 I tried to book it but the earliest date available was yesterday. No worries its still October so it would still be fairly mild and decent weather wouldnt it. :thumsup :thumsup

I will leave it to you to decide if 50mph winds in your face with heavy showers constitutes decent weather. At least those drawn on the spit could put up there brollies in the mild breeze off their backs. Still most seemed to enjoy the day and it could be called challenging but enjoyable in an odd sort of way.
Monk Lake2 211017.jpg
Monk Lake2 211017.jpg (155.63 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Thanks to everyone for their contributions during the year especially Tony for running the matches when I havent been around. Its been a difficult fishing year for me but never fear I shall be back next year ready to kick ar5e.

I will be putting up a separate thread for Venue suggestions for next year shortly.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: Monk Lake 2 21st October 2017

Unread post by SiDev »

That was a testing day to say the least but really enjoyable!....well done Keith on the win and going up in the water in October....brilliant!....I had a great last half hour but really should have tried the feeder in the margin much earlier as always felt there would be fish there but presentation was a nightmare but at least I got that good 30 mins. Good to catch a few barbel too earlier in the match. Thanks to Dave and Tony for all the hard work and Keith for the league updates which have been fab. Congrats to Mick for a really consistent season that reaped its reward and to Tony for running him close. My season was pretty good all told with a couple of wins and seconds and I did learn that sometimes its just about catching those fish even if it means moving to the darkside for a spell! Can't wait to get going again next spring!! Have a fun break guys and Keith/Mick, keep us updated on the head to head! :thumsup
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Totally agree with Simon. Tony has put in a lot of work throughout the season covering Dave's a%^&&. I have never seen someone collect money with such enthusiasm since Shylock and his skills with a clipboard are reminiscent of Blakey from on the buses. Excellent season Tony.

I must say that Mick has fished his socks off this season and last to be honest. A consistent performer over the past few years. Well done mate.

I must also Thank a lot of the guys for fishing well this season, pushing the boundaries and improving year on year. Except Terry who seems to be going backwards. Myself, I think it has been a good year so far. Some good festival results, good wins and placings throughout the Marsh season but Alders seems a bit of a struggle at present. But I will get there.

I will be fishing throughout the winter,as long as the weather is not too bad. I do not mind the wet, wind and cold. It is the thought of breaking ice that tends to stop me. I have a decider with Mick to look forward to so will keep you all updated via the blog and look forward to seeing you all next season.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Have a rest till next year people see you then :tiphat
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Just written a big Post and lost it people, bloody I.T
Thx's to DAVE and Tony for sorting the matches out.
Shout out to Keith and Terry for the pegging out, can you choice better pegs for me next year!!!!!!!!
Well done to Mick on the win, well deserved mate.
Hopefully the new member, Richard, will join us next year nice fishing will th you mate.
I can hear eBay/Amazon calling me, now what nets did Keith have and that bait tray, he I come.
Thinking about next year already people, see you then. :tiphat
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Well a challenging but enjoyable end to this years Marsh matches if a litlle blowey. :surprisev

The one thing that struck me most this year was that everyone seems to to have raised the bar and without exception, we're a much improved bunch of anglers over the years. :cheers

Its been a mixed year for some of our long standing venues though, most notably Monk 4 which will not be on next years list! Neither will Hartleylands Nicks as the new owners are not making available as a match lake any more :'( . So looking forward to some new venues and new challenges. :thumsup

Thanks to everyone for all your great banter and all round good company. We may be fewer in numbers and getting older in the tooth, but still as good as ever as a club. :tiphat
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Thanks Keith - now I know why I can't catch anything - note to self, make sure you're facing the lake before starting :facepalm