If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hartleylands Farm Res 7th October 2017

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Hartleylands Farm Res 7th October 2017

Unread post by Dave C »

Well that was a day of the big fish. A disappointing turn out of only 9 meant I arranged for us to only have part of the lake and allow pleasure anglers to fish the rest. I must say they were very good and some asked what area was available so they didnt clash with the match.

Weather conditions were not great especially for the 3 over the far side sitting in the wind, but at least we avoided getting soaked this week.
Hartleylands Res 071017.jpg
Hartleylands Res 071017.jpg (109.74 KiB) Viewed 785 times
18 double figure carp were landed half of them to Mick who had 9 weighers for 106lb ( Ask Tony who had to sit and watch Mick weigh every single one. while his own float wouldnt move :facepalm ). Best fish of the day went to John with an 18 lber. :thumsup :thumsup
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: Hartleylands Farm Res 7th October 2017

Unread post by Tel »

I think "sitting in the wind" doesn't quite convey the gale force winds and tow Clive, Jim and myself tried to cope with and just to complete the day there seemed a complete lack of fish on our side until perhaps the last hour.

Well done to Mick on yet another win :tiphat and to John for his 2nd biggest carp :D
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: Hartleylands Farm Res 7th October 2017

Unread post by SiDev »

Well done Mick, some proper lumps and John, what a fabulous carp and not hooked up the wobbly cheeks :D Personally really enjoyed the day but suffered similar tow issues and really should have beefed up and layed on the slope, hindsight eh :facepalm . However, not enjoyed a day on the feeder as much for ages and really should have gone short with that two hours earlier than I did and should have been better prepared for quick changes when snapping up a couple of times, lessons learned?...doubtful ;D Was lured to the margins by some proper lumps that as usual I did not have the nuance to catch! Looking forward to the season finale in a couple of weeks :thumsup