If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hartleylands RESERVOIR 15/10/2016

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

10 fished - along the Finches bank and round the corner to the willow. Quite hard going for most of us with relatively few carp caught. But those that did find their way to the net included 14 doubles (all weighed 'on the board') which thankfully boosted the weights. :thumsup
Best fish of the day went to Terry with a 23lb 8oz lump hooked fairly and squarely up the *rse. This was duly landed at the whistle, which I was particularly pleased to see, as it meant Terry beat me off the next peg by 4oz :fistycuffs
John was today's winner with 86lb well ahead of the field, Clive and Keith completeing the frame with solid wieghts in the 60s. Well done fellas. :tiphat

Result:
1. Peg 5 John 86-00lb
2. Peg 6 Clive 66-08lb
3. Peg 9 Keith 62-04lb
4. Peg 4 Gino 52-08lb
5. Peg 10 Tony W 42-00lb
6. Peg 3 Terry 41-04lb
7. Peg 2 Tony R 41-00lb
8. Peg 7 Simon 26-12lb
9. Peg 8 Mick 13-08lb
10. Peg 1 Rod DNW

Section winners: Gino (the club owes you £8 mate), John, Keith

So another Marsh season comes to a close; our numbers were a bit down at times but everone remains up for it and looking forward to next year. :cheers
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Never known the lake to fish that hard in October but well done to those that managed to get a few especially John.
Knew it was a foul hooker as soon the rig rose 6 " before connecting, then spent the next 10 minutes just hanging on for dear life as it tried to head for the middle of the lake, bit scary seeing about 20 yds of elastic heading off into the distance but eventually managed to gradually get it closer, took about another 10 minutes before it gave up then it wouldn't fit in the net backwards but got there in the end. Tony think you'll have to call me Mugger the 2nd :tiphat
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Well done John, impressive performance today. :tiphat

Really enjoyed my matches at Hartleylands this year. Did not win any but felt comfortable which means that gradually I am coming to terms with it. Looking forward to next year already unfortunately may not be able to fish them all, as I have a festival at Stafford Moor, a week at Viaduct with the lads and a festival later in the year also at Viaduct with the Yam Yams but any that I can make I will be there.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Nicely Mugged Terry. :thumsup
Good to see somebody keeping the tradition going. ;D
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

A bit of a slog Saturday but but still 3 nice fish so was still happy well done to John showing us how to do it. Another great years fishing boys throughly enjoyed it looking forward to next year already :tiphat
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Another great day out fellas,well done John on the win.
Thank's for Tony and Tel for organising the monies and the pegging out.
Hopefully will we see more of you Mr C next year and wish you a speedy recovery.
Let's get next years fixtures up ASAP so I can start Looking forward to next year.
Everyone have a great rest of the year and look forward to seeing you all on the bank next year :tiphat
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Enjoyable if a tad frustrating but lessons in you get what you put in for me....no preparation and no idea!!...Well done John and the framers!!...looking forward to getting all the gear clean and stored for its winter break ready to come back fresh in the spring!!. Thanks to everyone who has helped out over the year, it's always a great crack and can't wait until next year.
Mr C. - get your wobbly cheeks back on the bank as we miss ya in a funny old way...mind it has to be said that Tony is a tad quicker on producing results unless of course Mr C's name is next to 30 points when often they made it to the site before we got home :whistle :whistle
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

Are you trying to upset the chairman :nono
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Really disappointed I couldnt make it but there was no way I would have been able hold a top two let alone land a 10lber as well. Thanks for the offer of a lift Gino but I dont think i would have enjoyed the day.
Its slowly getting easier later in the day but not good first thing in the morning. Perhaps the drugs will continue to get the arthritis under control again soon. I will be booking some venues in the next weeks so watch this space.
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

I hear Hawkhurst is ideal for doddery old duffers that cant walk very far :tiphat
Just saying :cheerleader