If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Monk Lake4 17th October 2015

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Monk Lake4 17th October 2015

Unread post by Dave C »

A low turn out for our last match of the year. Fortunately the wind wasn't very strong as it can blow a bit here and was a reasonably pleasant day. Bearing in mind the recent temperature drop there were still fish to be caught and the maggot users seemed to do best.

naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Re: Monk Lake4 17th October 2015

Unread post by naughtycockney »

A good day for our last match,weather was kind to us,even if the fish didn't like my swim!!!!!!
Well done to the Chairman showing us the way.
The last nugget to the Watkins brothers for this year,may not be the last :fistycuffs
Well done to Tom for beating his dad,don't get to use it :'(
Already looking forward to next year, I'm sure I must need to buy some more stuff for next year.
Hope to see you all next year,if not sooner :tiphat
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Well done to all the winners, section winners, framers and indeed everyone who fished the series this year.

As Gino has said he is already looking forward to next year. Well so am I. Back again as a full member this time.

Things are looking good on the planning with dates and venues in mind and it is only October. Well done Mr C and remember if you need assistance anytime just ask. We have a strong membership who will and can help in any way possible.
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Well done to everyone on another competitive season.....the Exells will no doubt up there game or failing that take the Chelsea approach and buy their way to success :fistycuffs

My season was mixed as ever but actually feel I have learned a few things this year after a disappointing end to te 2014 season, and I even fished with those wriggly things a few times!....certainly the usual promises to myself to be tidier and neater in my approach, to be more organised, will be made and will last one hour into the first 2016 match!! Oh and I may try to not break one record next year which is the record breakages of pole sections this year!!

Thanks to Dave for all the hard work and organisation, roll on next year!!

Happy hibernation people :)
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Tel »

I'll second that, thanks to Dave for all the organising and we'll done to the two Tony's for showing us how it's done :facepalm .
Looking forward to next year with perhaps a few different venues to try and hopefully see you all next year (if I've woken up - bl**dy winter )
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

It's started already fellas off to buy a four wheel Preston barrow tomorrow, does any one or Clive know where to get the metal loop for the ground bait mixing bowls which attaches to the front.
It's a retirement prezzie from my mates, so the missies is ok with this purchase.
May have to box clever with the other one's. :tiphat
Hope everyone has a peaceful off season and bring on next year.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Surely the other ones are out of what you have left over after getting the Barrow at a greatly reduced price. Otherwise just attach a raffle ticket to your latest purchase and tell her " Look what I won at the tackle shop for a 50p raffle ticket"
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Emmm, good idea Dave,but even Missis E knows I'm not that lucky, got a gift voucher for Danson Angling so the greatly reduced price will not be happening either, my get a packet of hooks thrown it, that's about it :tiphat
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Check the website first. Lower prices on the web are not always shown in the shop. They will charge the web price if challenged.
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

What an absolute nightmare that was. Day as follows:-
Shop: Can I have a four wheel shuttle please. Thank you
Home: TWo separate wheels, rear wheels connected by Axle secured in place by nuts and cannot be broken down once assembled. :rage
Back To Shop: I thought it was four separate wheels so it broke down easy. No that is how it comes mate,do you want the conversion kit. I'll phone Preston first mate.
Home: Phone Preston, who agree that is how it comes. Can I use the conversion kit on the four wheel barrow,answer no mate,that only works with the two wheel Preston. :rage
Shop: Can I change the four wheel for the two wheel and can I have a conversion kit please. Yes you can mate, do I owe you any more money,no mate it's all the same price.
Why not just sell it as a four wheel with all detachable wheels in the first place :fistycuffs :fistycuffs :fistycuffs
Overall get what I wanted,didn't even ask about the ground bait ring.
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

The 4 wheel version is crap Gino wheels are too narrow it tips over too easy :o
2 wheel version with the conversion is the way to go mate :cheerleader
The bucket ring is only £20 from preston I think
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

There is a moral here somewhere!!!
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Time for a poll. Do you think any of this is going to help Gino catch more ?

1) YES The more he spends the more he will catch
2) YES It will enhance his superior angling ability
3) NO But you have to have all the gear to look good.
4) NO Even having all the gear wont make him look good
5) NO Spending loads of money just cannot work a miracle.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

He's a big lad.......so 1 and 2 for sure ;D ;D
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

It's more, can I move my gear around a lake easier then having a one wheeled barrow, answer YES. Will it make me a better angler, only if I'm fishing the lake on my own. :tiphat
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Spamwham »

Gino - you've got the right Preston 4 wheels now - 2 wheeler plus 2 individual conversion wheels - these are much wider span at the back than the '4 wheeler' and are much more stable, plus no unnecessary axle in the way. Dont know why they bother to make the inferior 4 wheeler any more :facepalm
Will it help you catch more - you bet! Arriving at your peg without lung ache, heart ache, balls ache or back ache will see you in a relaxed frame of mind ready to mastermind the perfect days fishing (well hopefully).:thumsup And a similarly pain free journey back to look forward to after your victory as well. Simples (well hopefully) :joy ;D
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Glad I finally got it right,about making me a better angler,not sure about that one,will make the journey better,hopefully :tiphat
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

You can always tie it to the back of the Galaxy and take extra passengers ;D
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Don't think it's built for off road mate,but a good idea :tiphat