If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Strikers Match Report - Jubilee

Results for our matches.
Lee_H

Strikers Match Report - Jubilee

Unread post by Lee_H »

This weekend i went to a beer & skittles evening, not my favourite sweets but next week i'm going to a cheese & winegum party.
A long overdue win this week for Ian "Thomo" Thomson from end peg 21, he had 39-0-8 of small carp & bream on the worm & caster.
After a slow start regular guest Mark Henderson powered his way back to 2nd place in the later stages with 19-8 from the other favoured end peg, his net included the biggest fish of the day at 7-10.
Another regular guest Phil Reynolds produced an 18-6-8 mixed bag on the corn to take 3rd place, Phils prize money did'nt really cover the cost of the 7 floats he lost.
Eels were the order of the day on the one side of the pool, the old man caught 2, member Phil Reynolds had 1, Andy Pitt's trouser snake not quite measuring up, the biggest of 7.5oz went to Carl Crage to set the bench mark for the species trophy.
Graham Taylor's miserable day recording a DNW was made further miserable by his beloved baggies losing again.
The start of the match was nearly delayed by wanna-be safe cracker Kev Driver's attempt at the combination lock on the fishery gate, the 4 digits required were 3 too many for his brain to cope with, and to confirm his inability to count he only caught 1 fish.
With lots of different species in this pool it lends its self to some proper fishing as opposed to just carp bashing, a little bit peggy due to the low water level at present this well run water is looked after by its members and is well worth a visit.