If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Strikers Match Report - Woodston Manor

Results for our matches.
Lee_H

Strikers Match Report - Woodston Manor

Unread post by Lee_H »

Missed the fishing this week due to cricketing commitments, as 12th man i managed to get to the cucumber sarnies & victoria sponge before the rest of the team.
From what ive been told i missed an interesting contest, a challeging one at that with 21
on a 28 peg pool & some of the pegs being overgrown and close, this was as pressured and difficult as they get.
But rising to the challege was in form Kev Driver in 1st spot with 61-11-8 of choppy worm carp from down the edge, from the same end of the pool Amanda Jones with her best result for the Eagles this year was 2nd with 36-2-8, in 3rd was Colin Stevens-Wood with 30-9-8 on the maggot.
Best of the guests were Dan Meese with 24-5-8 and Mark 'The Power' Henderson with 18-3-8.
Lowest on the score sheet was Carl Carter who said he was distracted by the wooly females in the next field.
Lots of hard fighting carp were lost all round the pool, but one that did'nt escape was 9-3-8  and captured by Reagan Shaw who arrived late after a tour of Worcester whilst looking for the venue, other intrepid travellers Carl Carter and his dad Roy went for a ride around Ludlow before arriving. Sat Navs for this lot at christmas.
Highlight of the weigh-in was when Carl 'Slippy Fingers' Crage got a black eye from an 8lb carps flapping tail before dropping it in the bag.
All in all this sounds like a good venue for a contest of about 12 pegs, theres loads of carp and giant gudgeon but not many silvers, but more importantly a decent sausage & bacon sarnie on offer from the farm house for only £1.30p.
Next contest Larford - Arena where i'm told members pegs will be subsidised by the club, i might turn up if the breakies are subsidised as well.