If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

grueller match 16 the final battle

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Grueller match 16 calf heath marina 7th March.
Up for it;
Big col
Kod
Josh
Yamo
Zorro
Phil b
Blues4ever
Tricast
Mr v
Obi
Mark
Little col
Mick (possible)
Ian (possible)
Trevor 
Steve porter
Ron (gaz s mate)
Buzza
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Yes please

Trevors Top Angling Tips (#28) - Sun in your eyes ? Move to a shady peg ( not applicable for bona fide matches )
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

With tips like that Trev your out,o go on then your in :thumsup
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Col, think you should stop calling them grueller matches now being as you have done an excellent job in find plenty of fish for us this series (well most of us) :nana

I'd like to thank you for all the hard work you've put in over the winter to find venues to fish where we've all caught and for organising baits, pegging out and weighing in :tiphat :tiphat :thumsup
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

I would like to add my thanks to KODs comments.
Big Col stepped up to the line and filled in for TK.
He added a different dimension to winter matches, the ground work for which has been effectively laid by TK.
Both of them should be satisfied with what they have done over time.
I do not enjoy the perception of conflict between both parties. Cooperation would be a better option.
Thanks again to both
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Thanks criss that's much appreciated,I think with you n Mick helping me each n every week has made the job most enjoyable :tiphat
I think we all deserve a big pat on the back :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

He added a different dimension to winter matches, the ground work for which has been effectively laid by TK.
I do not enjoy the perception of conflict between both parties. Cooperation would be a better option.
Thanks again to both

Thanks phil :tiphat.
I would just like to say that Tk let me run with these matches at a time when he was flued up to the eye balls. I picked a few venues n it went well,from there people were asking for a match in between grueller s.
Me n Tk speak to each other on a regular basis about the extention,other canals,commercial s and many other fishing related matters. He has asked me to book certain venues like he has asked many others to do the same.
I regard Tk n Dave as good friends who invited me into cashmores and introduced me to people I never met before but are now good friends of mine.

I am completely behind Tk and would not and will not run down anything Tk or Dave have done in the gruellers or for cashmores . I have fished for clubs in the past n seen how a few mindless people can undermine the good work that other people have done over many years . All I can say on that matter is if your not happy with things they should speak there piece at the AGM or move on if there not happy.

I have made some comments about the extention only because I would like to see if there is anything I could do to help improve it. This might be misconstrued by some people that me n Tk are falling out. Nothing could be further from the truth,if Tk tells me we may be able to do something I will help if I am needed if not he knows full well that he only needs to pick the phone up n I will be there wen needed. If only more people would do this instead of whispering.

I have felt compelled to say these few words to put the record straight ,which has put a bit of a dampener on a good weekend.
Cashmores is a good club with a great history,let's keep it this way.
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Thanks again to both

Image where's this come from I'd just assumed TK had lost a bit of his mojo and the weather was the reason he'd not been out recently
Similar to myself a couple of years back
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

I think we all deserve a big pat on the back Image

As long as it's not one of your famous pats. I would rather you leave them on the towpath :nana :nana

Well done on the organising front Col. I don't even think it's fair to call them "Gruellers" this winter, the fishing has been that good. :thumsup
Apart from the one match at Doggers, won by ounces, the weights have been consistently good. Cheaper bait requirements on most, yet still great fishing. Well done everyone else for attending and supporting the matches. The banter has been the best yet :tiphat.

If everyone buys a Coors canal ticket, and a Wolves ticket, we could have a great series of matches next winter without paying peg fees ;) ;)
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

some people that me n Tk are falling out

That's a shame after you bought him that lovely bunch of roses on valentines day :rofl :rofl :rofl

I am sure TK will have appreciated all your hard work this winter Col, and your thoughts on our stretches of canal are the same thoughts held by many of us. It is a shame there is a massive problem in there with Pike, and maybe it is time for us, as a club, to seek advice to make the fishery better. :tiphat :tiphat
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

I would like to see these matches run still inbetween cashmores matches. If thats a possible. :thumsup
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Thanks again to both

Thanks phil :tiphat.
I would just like to say that Tk let me run with these matches at a time when he was flued up to the eye balls. I picked a few venues n it went well,from there people were asking for a match in between grueller s.
Me n Tk speak to each other on a regular basis about the extention,other canals,commercial s and many other fishing related matters. He has asked me to book certain venues like he has asked many others to do the same.
I regard Tk n Dave as good friends who invited me into cashmores and introduced me to people I never met before but are now good friends of mine.

I am completely behind Tk and would not and will not run down anything Tk or Dave have done in the gruellers or for cashmores . I have fished for clubs in the past n seen how a few mindless people can undermine the good work that other people have done over many years . All I can say on that matter is if your not happy with things they should speak there piece at the AGM or move on if there not happy.

I have made some comments about the extention only because I would like to see if there is anything I could do to help improve it. This might be misconstrued by some people that me n Tk are falling out. Nothing could be further from the truth,if Tk tells me we may be able to do something I will help if I am needed if not he knows full well that he only needs to pick the phone up n I will be there wen needed. If only more people would do this instead of whispering.

I have felt compelled to say these few words to put the record straight ,which has put a bit of  a dampener on a good weekend.
Cashmores is a good club with a great history,let's keep it this way.

Just to qualify...........from a TK perspective  :D

Absolutely no animosity between yours truly and Big Col – I'm glad he's picked up the baton and as he says, we are often on the dog and bone discussing various things.  Image

I've only one issue though with what's gone on over the last month or so...........  :fistycuffs

I thought I had safely entrusted the grueller series into the hands of my young apprentice ....... :shifty :shifty :shifty

but my apprentice has failed me miserably  :surprise

He's stuck you all on a few fish  :rofl

So as George Harrison once wrote ‘All things must pass' .............

Perhaps the time has come after 30 odd years of running a grueller series, initially for the MESC guys back in the 80s before a number of us joined clan with Cashmores in the 90s, for me to ‘call it a day'

RIP the Grueller Series   
abuman
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by abuman »

Time moves on if you don't change you die
:thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

"O no you don't " you don't get out of it that easy tone. :nono
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

"O no you don't "  you don't get out of it that easy tone. :nono

Ive got a real tickly cough :rofl :rofl :rofl
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

I will bring the Buttercup Syrup, Friars Balsam and run a raffle. The winner of which will vigorously rub your chest with either Vic or Rubu. All proven sovereign cures,
The forecast promises 13/15 degrees so I will also bring a tube of factor 50 sun cream. Other than a crepe bandage that should be enough medication to get you through 5 hours.
My final offer will be to relinquish my short walk (for the halt and lame)
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

What about retitling the series in future ?

BIG COL PRESENTS by public demand the FABULOUS T K GRUELLER SERIES

has a certain ring to it ?
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Seems to be a good idea to me. Providing we do not have to pay two lots of royalties.
I see that we have quite a gap in the match schedule during April, any chance of squeezing in another BC/TK event 11/1/15?
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Seems to be a good idea to me. Providing we do not have to pay two lots of royalties.
I see that we have quite a gap in the match schedule during April, any chance of squeezing in another BC/TK event 11/1/15?

:thumsup I agree.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

11/1/15?

Phil. Don't be vain and put your goggles back on :rofl :rofl :rofl