If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

GT Bathrooms grueller series Match 2

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Proper grueller weather this morning. Wheaton Aston was the destination, and after defrosting the car, a steady drive and I was on the towpath for 8 ready to peg out. It was tap water clear :facepalm :facepalm . I had heard a rumour there was some lock work going on, but hey ho, we don't call them gruellers for nowt :D Nice surprise to see Tricast back on the matches after a few successful sorties on the Trent, welcome back bruv :tiphat Also welcome back KOD after your recent op. Nice touch dressing like Michael Jackson and showing us a few of your new "Twerking" moves while getting your suit on :nana :nana
Put 16 pegs down, giving everyone a boat, and returned to collect pools, and draw pegs. Fancied 1 - 4, but not really sure how it would fish with the lack of colour. 2 pegs left in the bag, one for me and one for OBI. He insisted I had first dibs and I pulled out 13, leaving him on 3 :'( :'( ..just about sums up my drawing skills this year :rofl :rofl
For my own match, I never had a bite on anything for the first half hour, then started to pick up a few little silvers on 8 mtr punch line. Lasted about 30 mins then nothing. Onto the 8 mtr G/B line, same again, nothing doing after 30 mins of micro roach. Kept trying the choppie, but never had a sniff on it >:( . Last hour was best for me, catching dumpy gudgeon on big red over my caster line...it's a puzzling game sometimes :rofl :rofl .
Anyway, here is the tail of the scales, speaking of which, Dazzler had a tutorial in using them, and didn't do a bad job :thumsup :thumsup

Peg 1. Dark Hoss.....3-7-4
Peg 2. Zorro..........3-3-2
Peg 3. OBI............0-10-2
Peg 4. Tricast........2-10-9
Peg 5. Heinzer.......0-11-0
Peg 6. KOD...........1-11-7
Peg 7. D.Wassell....1-3-9
Peg 8. Dazzler.......1-4-14
Peg 9. Trev B........1-5-6
Peg 10. Cotti........1-0-0
Peg 11. Mike E.......0-3-1
Peg 13. MrV..........3-0-5
Peg 14. P.Wassell...2-10-4
Peg 15. TK...........4-2-8
Peg 16. Yamo.......6-6-0

A bit of a feast or famine with a few surprises: Mike E was still smiling at the end, despite coming dead last after he 3 previous wins. Think OBI and Daz were glad to draw away from him after he bored the pants off them at breakfast with the tales of his previous 3 wins :rage :rage
Dazzler finally broke the pound on a canal, although he was on the scales, and he insisted on his weight being recorded :fistycuffs :fistycuffs
Well done Yamo, TK and Dark Hoss, and Thanks to all the others for turning out and making it an entertaining day again :thumsup :thumsup
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

Good write up Paul ,a good day had by all . Thanks to Mr V,Obi and Daz for all there work on organising and running the matches,and for everyone for fishing them
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Enjoyed the match , love catching a few gudgeon , lots of dips on the float , wish our canal had a few gobios.

Thanks to Mr V and the organising team .

Will try to get to the right venue for the next one .......

Trev
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Something's never change ..... Yamo on an endpeg :facepalm
and Obi catching nothing :nana
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

Blues wrote:Obi catching nothing
PMSL Gaz..... mind you I would defy anyone to catch off that peg after the 1st hour... going along nicely just putting odd fish in the net and as far as I could tell I was just about hanging on to Tricasts coat tails then after an hour everyman and his dog turned up and boarding the boat in front of me , the bloody thing was rocking more than TK at a 60s disco, I had kids up the windows banging em and shouting "Hello Mr Fisherman". Had 1 fish in the last 3 hours which was Ruffe which then decided to stick every spine it had got into my hand

Still enjoyed the day... I think.

Best bit was at the draw when Mr V said peg 8 was on the scales and Dazzla saying he needed to get straight off coz wifey would kill him if he was late and he then dipped his hand in the bag saying I bloody hope I don't draw peg 8.... Guess who drew peg 8

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Have got to mention Mike the "did you see the size of my Perch on the last match" Pike.Conversation at the café went something like

Obi.... Morning Mike
Mike...Morning mate.. Did you see that perch I had
Dazzla... Morning Lads
Mike... Morning..Did you see the size of that perch I had
Kod..Morning
Mike... Morning..Did you see the size of that perch I had
I then ordered a large full English and Dazzla said blimey you not going to eat all that are you
Mike...if you think that's big did you see the size of .... he was then told to shut the "F" up about the bloody perch by Dazzla .. I nearly wet myself

:rofl
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

Thanks Obi, i will not say a word next match,But i have to say ( did you see the size of my gudgeon on sat ) Ha Ha Ha lol ;D ;D ;D ;D :thumsup :thumsup