If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cashmores MG - HM Series Match 2 - Onto the Shroppy

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Albrighton Anglers waters – The Shropshire Union Canal at Wheaton Aston was the scene for the Cashmores Crews latest exploits. :cheerleader

The section always tends to throw up a few fish for the members :mexicanwave – previous visits have seen a variety of results - decent bags of gobies have won there in the past or who knows, the rub a dubs could put in another appearance – especially as amongst today’s ranks was that well known and esteemed hunter of Leuciscus cephalus................

..................the man with the big flask....................... :shifty

................................the man known as ................. :shifty

Dead Peg :runforhills

Big bags of fish must have been on Heinzers mind too, cuss on arrival he declared his first ‘old timers’ moment when unloading his tackle..........he’d forgot his keep and landing net. :facepalm :rofl A plea went around the car park and thanks to Mike the Pike he was ‘sorted’ :tiphat

I think MrV (plus others?) had pegged out – thanks guys :tiphat and I made it publicly known that I wanted to draw on ‘the straight’ pegs 1 to 7 – a nice ‘short’ put over - as I’d only ever ever seen those pegs in the past when weighing in....... :'(

The draw commenced and when I finally dipped in guess where I ended up......... :whisper

Peg 14 :waaaa

For company I’d got that specimen hunter extraordinaire – Deadpeg who coincidentally was on the golden peg yet again for our second match :o – coincidentally peg 13 again. :o The other side of me was ‘Oldtimer’ – I mean Heinzer.

We started setting up and low and behold. Heinzer had his second ‘oldtimer’ moment..........he got his pole out, assembled it,..............and then realised he’d left all his top kits at home. :facepalm :rofl

Well the 5 hrs flew by – a pleasant few hours in the sun before the storm clouds gathered. :sad Out of view of that straight, Cotti was the man setting the pace – well according to Deadpeg he was netting stamper after stamper – sure Deadpeg reckoned Cotti had got 5lb in the net in that first hour. :shocked2

Mind either side of me Deadpeg and Heinzer were periodically netting one too ............whilst my landing new remained dry as all I could find were eyes going on average 50 to the lb, :wallbash with some 200 to the lb, I kid thee not........ :surprisev :rage

Mind I don’t think the gardening session going on opposite bank helped much as Alan Titchmarsh stomped about in his yellow boots, skylining the far bank squatt/gb and caster lines :waaaa

And despite trickling in caster down the track all match as an alternative i never had a touch on it........not even from a gobbie. :'( :'( :'(

Anyway, enuff of my waffle and woes :blahblah :blahblah :blahblah – lets get on to the moment you’ve all been waiting for........ :shifty

Time for the scales

First up to weigh in was Dark Hoss

KOD had had a few as well

Heinzer had put a few together with a change of tactics, resorting to using his whips which hadn’t seen the light of day since 1927 :D

Whilst this guy obviously wanted to remain anonymous :shifty

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii70 ... aiv5xs.jpg[/IMG]

Dead Peg striking a familiar pose

Next up was the Warburton King

Abuman

MrV

Dazzler

At this point OBI decided not to add to the rogues gallery as it was hissing down :outahear so over to

The tale of the scales............

PEG
1 ZORRO 5.12.0
2 TREV B 2.1.4
3 ROBERTO 2.0.0
5 MIKE THE PIKE 5.14.6
6 TRICAST 5.15.4
7 OBI 3.14.14
8 DAZZLER 4.6.6
9 YAMO 6.1.14
10 MR V 4.7.12
11 ABUMAN 3.15.12
12 COTTI 4.12.6
13 DEAD PEG 2.7.4 Golden Peg
14 TK 3.12.4
15 HEINZER 3.7.12
17 KOD 3.13.9
18 DARK HOSS 4.2.0

By the way...................what those 187 tiddlers looked like

Well, plenty of banter again – there always is when you’ve got Deadpeg next door, :intheair and nice one Yamo, that wasn’t a bad 2lb you put together. :whisper Finally on a personal note, ta KOD for paying out at the end, :tiphat I was too petrified to traipse about anymore in that 6 inches of mud for fear of imparting it in Heinzers nice new shiny wheels

See you all on the next un :wave :thumsup
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Thanks TK , nice pics , plenty of fish caught and think it is a sound venue . Shame about the damp at the end !

Trev
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

brill read boss as per, the carnt beleave the only did 3lb odd of the flyers though boss what were goin on :rofl :rofl :rofl well done yamo lad hard work wi just bits brill day an all caught :tiphat
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

As is the case a really good day even if it didn't go to plan,, as usual :'(
after paying a visit the week before with Tricast I had decided on mainly caster down the track which had been very fruitful the previous week whilst Tricast had mainly punch fish which I could not get a bite on but I had forgotten that the weekend boat traffic was heavier on the weekend and just never had a cat in hells chance with it ( bloody numbnuts) :fistycuffs
Inside line was full of micro roach ( be ok when they grow on TK) :facepalm so ended up on far line for miniature gudgeon ( be alright when they grow on TK) ;D ;D with 1 solo skimmer of about 4oz and a couple of 2oz roach all on pinkie over G/B,

Them gudgeon and micro roach make the littluns up the extension look like bloody specimens :rofl :rofl
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Fed 4 lines and had micro gobies and roach on all 4 lines for first 4 hours. Then stepped up the caster feed over by the boat and had a nice run of 2oz roach on it in last 45 minutes :facepalm Well done Yamo on a tidy match and a win also Tricast and Mike on framing :thumsup Thanks Tricast for watching my gear while we finished weighing cos everybody else had buggered off :o a good match with lots of small fish a shame the skimmers and proper roach did not show though :'(
bluezulu

Unread post by bluezulu »

great read as always t.k. well done the cut boys.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ta Blues4eva :thumsup
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Great read TK, good to see that normal service has been resumed for the Cashmores lads. :thumsup
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ta Mugger :wave