If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Cashmores MG - HM Series Match 1 - Normal service is resumed

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Drum roll.........

Results and comments to follow shortly :D
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

Bloomin long drum roll , some things don't change :facepalm :nana :rofl :rofl

Whats HM stand for then :thinking
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Obi wrote: Bloomin long drum roll , some things don't change :facepalm :nana :rofl :rofl

Moan,moan,moan
how true. :rofl :rofl :rofl :nana :nana
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Obi wrote: Bloomin long drum roll , some things don't change :facepalm :nana :rofl :rofl

Whats HM stand for then :thinking
HIs Majesty pmsl ;D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Its coming, its coming........patience is a virtue :nana Taking a while to download the 412 photos took on the day :D
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

MrV wrote: pmsl
More like Her majesty or His Moaning :rofl :rofl
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well here we go..........the moment you’ve all been waiting for.........the commencement of the exploits of the Cashmores Match Group Crew :D

Contrary to previous scurrilous reports on here the reporter vacated his duvet before the alarm clock went off. Was he ‘excited’ and couldn’t wait to get out back on the bank after a six month sabbatical? Or was it just that the 15 tog was a bit to warm with the onset of Spring? :happy

Spring? A look out the backdoor revealed a ground frost and an iced up windscreen. Brrrrr......that duvet was calling...... :outahear

Summoning up remarkable self discipline, the duvet was ultimately ignored and the gear was assembled - well nearly all of it.

Arriving very early – well 8.30am - at todays inaugural match - the venue being the Cannock Extension Canal - was that a dead body floating in the cut, visible as we crossed the bridge? :surprisev

Did I say early :shifty – it looked like everyone was already here – including these two twins who were separated at birth.

Mr V was pegging out – 4 pegs in the nearside pound for the shortwalkers – well at least one was needed today as Lazarus – I mean Mike the Pike – had left his hospital bed and was determined to wet a line, despite the concerns of his travelling partner Roberto

Oh, just thought about that dead body that Heinzer had spotted when we arrived. Turns out it was some white goods which Steptoe and Son – I mean team Jeffery soon managed to recover........and I must say, it now looks lovely and fits a treat in Zorros kitchen :rofl

The draw soon got underway and Yamo didn’t have to venture far as he drew the favoured fridge freezer peg which could have given him some inside cover. Meanwhile peg 9 was my home for the next 6 hrs.............thought it might be a decent area – that was until I found the Kiss of Death was next door on 10. :tk_cursed :runforhills

Never mind, I'd got it cracked. On the last couple of knock ups I’d studied Cotti the caster King feeding regime. I’d also spotted Yamo catching on an ‘unusual’ secret line :whisper ...........I couldn’t go wrong could I despite the threat of Damian. :surprisev

But I did go wrong........in fact it was a tad slow in that middle section for yours truly, KOD and Bullah, whilst nets appeared to be dipping at regular intervals at either end. :'(

Time marched on – time to ignore the sporadic micro roach on the punch – and time to empty it on that caster half way thru. :party But that daint work either. In fact I was just thinking to myself that the peg was devoid of any fishy life, when old Essox Lucius struck. How wrong I was – my peg was full of em – ruck loads of fish scattered in all directions........ :rage

The peg appeared dead............couldn’t buy a bite, but they were still there as an hour on, the water erupted again. :rage Where was mike the Pike when you needed him.

20 minutes to go...........then KOD decides to do a Yamo on me :D and finds a few late bonus fish to batter me

The whistle goes and it’s time for the scales

First to weigh in was Cotti who having won the last two matches down there had done ok again, getting off to a flyer with a decent skimmer second put in

Next up was Zorro who tipped a ruckload of small silvers into the basket. Zorro told me that throughout the 5 hours there was only 3 put ins when he hadn’t had a fish..............just need those micro fish to grow on don’t we OBI ;)

Down the other end Mr V had done some damage on the 3 mtr whip

Next door, Deadpeg on the golden peg had rallied late on as he’d only two bits at the halfway stage

So onto the tale of the scales......
PEG
17 MIKE THE PIKE 1.14.9
15 YAMO 1.12.2
14 TRICAST 0.11.7
NEW RD BRIDGE
13 DEADPEG 4.11.5
12 HEINZER 1.5.0
11 MR V 7.3.3
10 KOD 2.3.0
9 TK 1.6.3
8 BULLAH 0.11.7
7 OBI 2.12.6
6 ROBERTO 0.3.0
5 CARLOS 1.12.0
4 DARK HOSS 2.6.2
3 TREV B 1.4.12
2 ZORRO 4.0.5
1 COTTI 8.0.7

So there we go. Not the start I wanted......... :'( Was I ring rusty after a 6 month layoff? Perhaps. But think I’ll put it down to that cormorant flavoured bread I had to cadge off Heinzer as I’d left mine in the kitchen........

But a decent day out with some banter along the way :tiphat
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

TK , A great write up and spot on with the photos

Will the fridge be put onto ebay ?

Trev
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Well done Cotti, defo the man to beat on the Canal these days...think he has got his Mojo back now.

Reference the photos......
Picture of Carlos and Kod has more chins than a Chinese phone book :rofl :rofl :nana :nana

What's them strange things sprouting from Dead pegs shoulders Lance Corporal stripes!! :rofl :rofl

Seriously though, what a great days fishing, and not just because I had a few. More down to the banter all round, before, during and after the match. Just what club angling should be. Felt sorry for Yamo, Tricast and Val pegged in the short pound, pegger outer should be ashamed :facepalm :facepalm . Mind you, Tricast had his usual end peg :rofl :rofl
bluezulu

Unread post by bluezulu »

great report t.k. nice to see your back on the tow path.
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

Echo what Paul said a great days fishing :thumsup

quite pleased with my draw just 1 away from where the winner was last week ( a certain Mr Cotti ) but apart from 1 decent lone roach on worm just couldn't find any stampers , had everything on the punch at about 10m , just very small roach about 2 to the Oz ( still waiting for them to grow on TK ) :rofl :facepalm , never had a bite on the inside and thought is was devoid of anything until about 2 hours in when the water erupted and dozens of roach flew out in all directions and this happened several times,Quite pleased in the end with my weight all things considered,

Really glad I didn't draw Yamo's peg I bet he felt like he was being "frozen" out of the match :facepalm and tbh I thought they did well that side of the bridge considering how much colour there was and with all the fresh pruning thast had been done
MrV wrote: Picture of Carlos and Kod has more chins than a Chinese phone book
afpmsl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

And whoever is behind Deadpeg with your fingers up... you are one brave chap getting that close to deadpeg from the rear :nono :nono :rofl :rofl

Well done Cotti and all the framers and a big thank you to every one for making it a cracking day :tiphat

Still don't know what the "H M" stands for in the title :thinking :thinking :thinking
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Obi wrote: And whoever is behind Deadpeg with your fingers up... you are one brave chap getting that close to deadpeg from the rear
Bloody hell......never thought of that :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

MrV wrote: Bloody hell......never thought of that
HAHAHA.. 1 ripper and you would of been down by Cotti's peg ;D ;D
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

good read as useual boss well done to all framers an brill banter from all :tiphat
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Great to see everyone on the bank again Well done to the framers. I enjoyed reading the reports too great stuff :thumsup

On a personal level I'd like to say thanks to whoever threw the fridge freezer in the cut and chin up to the 3 disappointed bystanders who came to investigate at different times of the match thinking they were quids in only to be told it has no plug and was full of water.

Special mention to the guy that came past half way through and told me I needed to fish 6mm pellets and he has been doing damage all last summer on them.'Mark my words ' he said.

Finally thanks to the deaf war veteran who came over at with half hour to go and wiped out those few fish that had appeared on my inside line. It was great to hear about your caravan roof, your great grand daughter's graduation and the fox in your garden- all in surround sound. All good fun .
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ha ha Yamo - at least it made a change from the 'Last of the Summer Wine' crew that normally pay you a visit when we are on the W & E :rofl
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

Well done to Cotti and the framers,and a good turn out by all the lads just like to thank each and every one of you for all the help you gave me on sat,its not the pills that made me better it was the company of being with you lads ,back on the bank, :thumsup :thumsup
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

Blimey Yamo, sounds like you had a real "mare" .. Just glad they didn't wander down our end :D
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Obi wrote: Whats HM stand for then
?????? Home Matches ??
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Obi wrote:Blimey Yamo, sounds like you had a real "mare" .. Just glad they didn't wander down our end :D
Looking at your weight obi it looks like they did :rofl :rofl