If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 15 2015 - Bullah bags up at Broadholme

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curse match 15 2015 - Bullah bags up at Broadholme

Unread post by TK »

Just waiting for the full results from KOD so our readers can learn more..... :shifty
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Re: Curse match 15 2015 - Bullah bags up at Broadholme

Unread post by Obi »

That was one of the closest matches I have ever fished in, winner could of come from anywhere :naughty .

Good banter all day, Deadpeg, don't ever change fella , laugh a minute ;D and keep taking the Vick :D

Well done Bullah, a superb demonstration of skill, guile and craft :cheers Oh and patience :rofl
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Purchased a new rod bag which allows you to transport made up rods.
No more fumbling with cold fingers, windy conditions and dodgy eyesight on the bank. What joy to be ready and eager to start the match on the whistle. How rapidly ones aspirations can be shattered by a river which did not provide the sport we all wanted.
The river looked ideal, an upstream wind perfect for stick float fishing, a little cool, but not normally enough to affect the result.
A bit of a mystery ?
Can I thank Deadpeg and Obi for helping with my gear, and Tricast for the float and rig.
Looking forward to the winter matches (my analyst says it probably an indication of some early onset of brain deterioration )
See you Saturday
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Phil B wrote:The river looked ideal, an upstream wind perfect for stick float fishing, a little cool, but not normally enough to affect the result.
A bit of a mystery ?
I always remember an old Trentman saying an ideal wind on the Trent is usually the worst thing as it is coming from the East. "When the winds in the East, the fish feed the least". Considering the wind has been from the East most of the week, the water was very cold. So much so, as I was wading up to my Gonads, I had to go for a walk after 2 hours to thaw out :'( :'( :outahear :outahear
Well done Bullah 8-) 8-)
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

8-) well done bulla lad :tiphat
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Never seen so many anglers walking the bank good banter though :rofl :rofl
Where did all the fish go? It couldn't of been the local burtonians lobbing bricks in daz s swim off the bridge >:( .
Yamo flogged the water to death but could only manage the Cray twins (2cray fish)so there wasn't much there >:(
Interesting to see how they train the kids on the canoes these days zig zagging up n down my swim :rage .
Don't know if it's my sadistic side but I'm beginning to enjoy these Trent matches,can we have 10 next year? :D
One good thing though Tk managed to save 324 maggots out of the 335 he caged off me,should have enough now for the entire winter league :rofl :rofl
I managed 3rd with one camacarzi perch for third in match n had to prize the fiver out of Tk s hand :whistle
River Severn any day, stroll on the winter league :cheerleader
Well done bulla on the win the cream always comes to the top :thumsup
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

Thank you all
Apart from a ten minute walk to get my circulation restarted I persisted with both the stick float and 2 waggler rods
Had my first fish, a perch of around 7/8 oz during the second hour, then a flurry of 2 dace in the final hour
All on the lighter of my 2 waggler rigs fished 1/3 to 1/2 way over at just dead depth
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Biggcol wrote: Well done bulla on the win the cream always comes to the top :thumsup
So do the lumps in curdled milk :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Well done lad deserved it for sticking it out with the furthest walk as well :thumsup :thumsup

And I don't agree with dead peg about who you looked like walking back to cars 8-)
:rofl :rofl :rofl
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Obi wrote:That was one of the closest matches I have ever fished in, winner could of come from anywhere :naughty .

l
:tiphat it takes some doing to find and book a venue that is so fair and even for 17 anglers with only ounces separating everyone :facepalm :rofl :rofl :rofl

Col. you're advice about them coming on the feed at 1o'clock was floored mate :rolleyes
None of the fish obviously couldn't tell the time :rofl :rofl :rofl

Roll on the common :naughty
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

I mentioned to one or two yesterday that the fish had moved into deeper water, and off the shallows such as Broadholme. If proof were needed the Ferrybridge match yesterday, 500 yards upstream of Bullahs top peg on the island, was won with 19lb and 12lb was second mainly Dace with a few Roach :facepalm :facepalm

Also. Yesterday must give a MASSIVE thanks to Twink. Poor lad walked all the way round the island to weigh in on his own.....TOP MAN :tiphat :tiphat

And for the whole season, Thanks to the pegger outers, weigher inners, KOD for his results updates, TK for booking the matches (a bit of sucking up there) :whistle ......and all the members for the banter and entertainment :thumsup :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

KOD wrote:
Obi wrote:That was one of the closest matches I have ever fished in, winner could of come from anywhere :naughty .

l
:tiphat it takes some doing to find and book a venue that is so fair and even for 17 anglers with only ounces separating everyone :facepalm :rofl :rofl :rofl

Col. you're advice about them coming on the feed at 1o'clock was floored mate :rolleyes

The only thing feeding was twink on my yogurt :P
Yogurt in the morning,yogurt for lunch n yogurt for dinner. If I don't lose 15st by next winter someone's getting there wobbly cheeks kicked :'(
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

KOD wrote:Well done lad deserved it for sticking it out with the furthest walk as well :thumsup :thumsup

And I don't agree with dead peg about who you looked like walking back to cars 8-)
:rofl :rofl :rofl
It must be that steely glare,he made me fall over by just looking at me. :D
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

KOD wrote:

l

They did feed at one o clock just up ferry bridge like Mr v said :rofl :rofl
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

If the Trentmans adage "when the winds in the east the fish feed the least" is correct.
Next weeks winter league match should be a much better option with the wind forecasted to be from the west.
This of course means that as usual we will be blown of our boxes on the common.!!!
Well done Bullah.
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

Biggcol wrote:Don't know if it's my sadistic side but I'm beginning to enjoy these Trent matches,can we have 10 next year?
:fistycuffs :runforhills :tumbleweed

Bullah wrote:Had my first fish, a perch of around 7/8 oz during the second hour, then a flurry of 2 dace in the final hour
Well that went from a micro perch when you 1st told me you had mugged one to 2oz about an hour from the end to 3oz at the all out to nearly half a pound at the weigh in,, get some new specs kiddo :rofl :rofl :rofl
Biggcol wrote:Yogurt in the morning,yogurt for lunch n yogurt for dinner
That aint yogurt your eating fella, every member in the club made a donation for ya, bit of payback for all the cr@p you have left littering the bank the last couple of years :nana
KOD wrote:Roll on the common
Keen aint ya, summat to do with them slabs and big billys you were dragging out today :surprisev :-X :thumsup
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

I,I ,kod ain't been practising on the match length has he? I can feel a disqualification coming on :nono
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Conditions 12c slight upstream breeze making it ideal for the waggler :shifty

But the sad sorry tale of the scales

PEG
1 BIG COL 0.4.10 1 perch
2 YAMO DRY
3 DAZ 0.0.14 7 - yes 7 micro dace
4 TRICAST DRY
5 COTTI DRY
6 TWINK DRY
7 TK DRY
8 KOD DRY
9 DEAD PEG DRY
10 HEINZER DRY
11 ZORRO 0.3.5 1 perch
12 PHIL B DRY
13 BULLAH 0.13.1 2 dace & 1 perch
15 OBI DRY
16 ROBERTO DRY
17 DARK HOSS DRY
19 MR V 0.9.10 1 perch
20 MIKE THE PIKE DRY

From a treasurers perspective that was a close call with MrV on the golden peg........

Some pictures from OBI to follow
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »