If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

SMF Cut Championship 2013............

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

swampy are going to make a return mate your missed around the canal circuit 4lb of squatt fish on a day like that i know you had to work for every bite Image Image
the trouble is the open match circuit is not as friendly as these guys :-/ :-/
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

but after seeing hundreds of skimmers on the wides Friday I still can't believe not one of us had them

I cant believe the weights from the lower numbers either Swampy - last week it was black with bremes down there too. Just dunno where they bugger off to on some of these matches. Image Image Image Same as the peg I drew (and kingfisher and Pedro)...........that area is a load better that what we scratched out Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

[move]Breaking News[/move]

Just had a phone call off Heinzer  Image Image Image

The missing key has turned up  Image Image Image

Heinzer's just found it in his shoe  Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image must try harder next time strip search was needed Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Loaded truck up 8:00am Saturday morning then after a quick breaky in stainny café it was time to hit the road.  Image
Victor punched Wood Lane postcode into Satnav and away we rolled. M18/M1 and…… soon onto A38. All going well until Victor decided to hand a left off 38 towards Lichfield – EH?...maybe he was taking us the scenic route or had highways built a very low bridge on A5 ???  Image

Well to cut a long story short it appeared Victors travelling companion was taking us the short route NOT the quickest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [ch61516] Hes never had much success with Women as Victor  Image Image Image[ch61516]
Eventually we arrived in Pelshall and meandered us way through the housing estate down to the canal only to be greeted with a layby which read Image NO Parking plus a NO Vehicle Sign with treats of £1000 recovery fines!!!.  Image Image Image Image
A quick call to TK confirmed that we were at the right location and parking was permitted as long as we kept the layby and access to the towpath clear for the farmer.  Image
TK also pointed us to the left of the bridge and told us to feed Bread Lines at the bottom of both shelves , plus a Big Fish line on far shelf toward the Lilly Pads…….. Before hanging up said he would pop down later to see how we were getting on.

We settled on our pegs….I set up two light Lattimers (The Puds ((Custom Stainny Rigs  Image)) 4 x 10 with strung out 13’s.. plus a 4x12 with a bulk 13’s plus 3 droppers. The “Animal Rig” comprised of a 4 x14  on .18s line coupled to a 16’s iron!!   
After plumbing up I fed said lines and went in on the nearside line with punch on the strung out rig ……….ten minutes…….nowt!!.....….  a switch to the bulk rig…..……………………………… still now!!!!  :-[[ch61516] 
I then slipped a pinkie on strung out rig and flicked it over far side line and had a Rudd on drop… quickly followed by another…then nowt!!! A switch to bread and still nowt!!!! Back to pinkie and this time a small Roach.   :D :D :D[ch61514]

Image TK arrived introduced himself and then said …. How Many Skimmuurs Yas Ad?.......... Eh????? I replied…….   :-/
SKIMMUURS!! cutzzz full ov’um….sum propuur bremes too!!!  ::)

After half hour of putting us right TK left to take the missus to an appointment, but said he would be back!!!

The wind was swirling all over the place making presentation difficult, but alt least it kept the rain off. After a couple of hours I had managed 25 small fish plus two Jackie Strikes  from a far ledge reed bed…… I kept trying the Lump Line from time to time… but NOWT!  :-/ >:( :-/

TK arrived back with the missus in tow………….. SKIMMUUUURS!!! ad any SKIMMUUURS?????????
NO ….I ‘ant had any [ch61516]  I could read TK’s mind “ Well we’ve nowt to fear ere then” [ch61514] Image
By now I was on the far side looking for a lump……Victor further up the cut had decided long ago that the lump line was the way forward had  been sat on it for the last hour.

TK departed saying he’d see us tomorrow …. Strangely he enquired if we had brought any Bolt Croppers with us just in case!!!! – eh???????
“ BOLT CROPUUURZZ!!!!!!! …..cos yas never know they may come in handy tomorrah”…… he said!!!  :D Image :D Image Image

By now time was ticking by and the thoughts of finding The Barons Court…plus a cool pint or three of Jonny Smith was at the forefront of my mind…. ……  Image Image Image

Image Image Then I noticed Victor was grappling with far side Willow Tree !!!  Image Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DnTvNvr ... 7srCJ5oP0A

Match Day to follow………………………….. Tomorrow!!!!!  :-*  ;) :-*
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Cracking Pedro Image Loved that footage of Victor in action Image Image
old_trentman

Unread post by old_trentman »

Great day T K book me in for next yr . great bunch of lads Image Image
damo28
Personal Text: Fishing is the way of life
Match Team/ Club: Dog and Partridge angling club.

Unread post by damo28 »

Book me in aswell Image like to have anuva one sooner if Tk making notes Image Image it was just a high spirited match
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

that video is a classic, fishing for monkeies and catching a park bench Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Kingfisher what a piece of canal ;)little different to the burton canal
If we ever catch this part of the canal on the right day TK would be still weighing us in Image Imagei thought the conditions looked right for it with the overcast sky and wind :-/ :-/just the drop in temperature must of killed it Image
Right time to get them feeder rods out again 20size 12s tied 20 size 14s and 20 size 16s all tied to tow rope completely different fishing but that's what's it's all about Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Kingfisher what a piece of canal  ;)little different to the burton canal
If we ever catch this part of the canal on the right day TK would be still weighing us in  Image Imagei thought the conditions looked right for it with the overcast sky and wind  :-/ :-/just the drop in temperature must of killed it  Image
Right time to get them feeder rods out again 20size 12s tied 20 size 14s and 20 size 16s all tied to tow rope completely different fishing but that's what's it's all about Image 

JOFF..TIE SOME 18s & 20s on 6 & 7 foot hooklengths Image..

Saturday I'll be bouncing a 50g blackcap darn Image
Will let yas know wot develops Image
swampy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Tipton till I die!!!

Unread post by swampy »

swampy are going to make a return mate your missed around the canal circuit 4lb of squatt fish on a day like that i know you had to work for every bite  Image Image
the trouble is the open match circuit is not as friendly as these guys  :-/ :-/

No Joff not any time soon, I have a bash at patshull in August but don't think I'll ever get back into team fishing maybe fish a few on local wolves aa matches.  Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Sorry I missed out on this  :(
Looks like I missed a good day out again.
I ain't had time to fart recently. New baby and new house that I have stripped back to a shell and currently getting it plastered back up leaves me with no time to fish as we have to have it done and be in by August.

Brilliant reports and pictures and well done to Tavern Champ, nice water pig  Image Image
Thanks to everyone for turning up and supporting TK and the forums. I will not be missing the next one that's for sure.  :D :D

Big thanks to TK and his team for running the match as usual Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

swampy are going to make a return mate your missed around the canal circuit 4lb of squatt fish on a day like that i know you had to work for every bite  Image Image
the trouble is the open match circuit is not as friendly as these guys  :-/ :-/

No Joff not any time soon, I have a bash at patshull in August but don't think I'll ever get back into team fishing maybe fish a few on local wolves aa matches.  Image

:-[ :-[ :-[ YEP I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ;) ;)
good luck and i'l catch up with you next year Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Kingfisher what a piece of canal  ;)little different to the burton canal
If we ever catch this part of the canal on the right day TK would be still weighing us in  Image Imagei thought the conditions looked right for it with the overcast sky and wind  :-/ :-/just the drop in temperature must of killed it  Image

JOFF..TIE SOME 18s &  20s on 6 & 7 foot hooklengths  Image..

Saturday I'll be  bouncing a  50g blackcap darn  Image
Will let yas know wot develops Image

18s 20s will only go on if i already have a bream or a barbel in the net and can't buy another bite if you could message me saturday night would be bril kiddo as yours is a team match and every point counts just like the final it will be interesting to see Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Well done all, really wanted to be there. I know how good a day it is from before.
Would have loved to have met up with a few I haven't seen for yonks.
Just one of those things; couldn't be helped.
My bread mix and raffle prize will have to last till the next 'un Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i bet dazzala didn't have any bread bill he drew your peg  Image Image Image

would it be any good on the tidal as ive tried lobbs cheese and now i'm on breadflake ive had one bite since 11am just come short and had a skimmer about 2lb as its starting to rip a little Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

i bet dazzala didn't have any bread bill he drew your peg

It's a wonder he got on it; they have coach trips to fish that peg six days a week Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Match Day to follow………………………….. Tomorrow!!!!!

Cmon Peds - we are all waiting....... Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Sorry TK..aint forgot...been really busy workwise.. playing catch up from last weeks holiday!!!

Plus...whilst I was off....... mi workstation was updated to fookin Windows fookin EIGHT..........Grrrrrr!

Its sooooooo fookin fustratin fo us creatuuuuuures of habbit Image

Will post last Sundays instalment ..once ive fookun found The Brummie Lingo......fookin Thesaurus Image