If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

private venue and vineyard

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

Sunday we were at a private venue and it didn't fish well this time we fish it regular and it was poor on sunday possiably due to the rain and a cool night.
My usuall tactic didn't work and after losing 3 lumps on on the 3 sections to hand line I finished with 19lb and got done by sprucey by 6oz to conceed another point in the leauge and having loads of stick from tommo all week and my grandad. I had another pike which is strange as in 2 of my last 3 matches i've had 1 but in all other matches none have come out
Image Image
1st Tommo 54lb odd
2nd B Lewis 48lb
3rd G Godfrey 43lb
(I think) Image

Today we had a little match on the vineyard and it fished well considering almost every peg was taken on the pool >:(.
I started fishing to some lilly pads as I was on peg 8 and drew between tommo and JD so I was getting loads of stick and they both had the only spare pegs on the pool next to them.
I started fishing towards some lilly pads and had two small carp but was waiting to long for the bites so went shallow as a few fish were swirling on the other line at top2+4 and was into fish from the of but tommo and JD were quick to go shallow to and I caught most of my fish on this line and 4 other carp down to some reeds to my left but the shallow line was the most productive. I fished the shalllow line untill the finish and had about 50 carp Image After getting my gear away I had the usuall argument with tommo who had more (he saying me, me sayng him). We both weighed in JD who had 20lb dead. Next was me and I put 33lb 12oz which I thought was enough.

But like every match tommo weighed in 36lb 14oz he's done me again Image After he had his dance around the scales giving me more stick we finished the weigh in

1st Tommo 36lb 14oz
2nd JJ Gallagher 33lb 12oz
3rd JD 20lb
Second again will have to do him down Stafford moor like last year with my 209lb Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Next time, catch about 5lb of silvers at the start and you will have him next time :P

Well done, nice reading mate Image Image
JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

He had bigger carp than me si that was the difference