If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Home Farm Campsite 12th July 2008

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

mitch_fish

Unread post by mitch_fish »

After having a little drink on the friday night i woke up around 9:30 out of the caravan, got my gear out of my dads car and on the bank by 10!

After setting up on this swim here Image My mum brought my beans on toast and a cup of tea over to my peg which i eat in about 2mins and started fishing :D Cheers Mum :D lol

The Peg its self has an island streight in front at about 12m it is around 3foot in the marging going down to around 4foot in the middle!

Today i was going to fish for the bream and see if i can pull any of the bigger one's out as i have been told they go to around 6lb!

I set up a line at 6m on the pole this rig was a .8g Drennan lake (a bit heavy i know thought the lake was around 6 - 7 foot) .13 powerline and a size 18 hook with the bulk of the shot at 18 inches and 2 droppers about 6 inches apart! Elastic was a 6 - 8 hollow on a pulla bung!

I aslo set up a cage feeder with a hooklink of around 12 inches to fish tight to the island!

I had made up 3kg ish of ground bait for the seshion today! This was made up of Swim Stim Green, Halibut, Brown Crumb, Crushed Hemp, Crushed Dog Buiscuit, Micro Pellet and a tin of corn added to it mixed with water until i got a nice fluffy mix that binded quite nice!

I feed the 6m line with 5 balls spread around a one meter square patch and went over the top with a single 6mm expanda not a touch for about 30 mins or so then the roach moved in i caught about 3 or 4 nice roach from about 6 - 10oz so i swapped to a single grain of corn which resulted in my first and biggest breamm of the seshion of around 2lb 8 oz Image after i caught this i didnt mind if i didnt have another fish all day as i was happy sitting there in the sun just being on the bank ;)

After I caught the first bream i toped up the swim with two more balls of ground bait and continued to fish over the top with corn and expanda with only roach takin my bait i tried the feeder and after about 10 or so cast every 1min i connected with a nice little scimmer bream of about 12oz caught on single hair riged corn!

I was now enjoying fishing the feeder so i continued to fish it for the rest of the day regularly casting every min or so i managed another scimmer bream and two small carp!

As the seshion came to a close i cast to the far bank and my hooklink wrapped around a bramble so i tried to pull it away and it would not come so i tried to shake it off still would'nt come next thing i knew the quiver tip shot down the line i put the tip of my rod under hoping it would come back but no hope so of came my trainers top and trouser's in i went unwrapped mmy hookling from the bramble and got my feeder tip back on the bank i also found two pole section's so i now have a 4m landing net handle :D

Really enjoyed my day out had another hour or two on the sunday (yesterday) but could only managed a few roach just fished the feeder again!

Thankyou Mitch :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Image Image
Cracking report mate. Looks lovely there :) :)

Well done Image Image
mitch_fish

Thankyou Mate!

Very nice place could do with a few more fish and better oxygen supply but its nice to fish a place thats very difficult for a change hey?

Cheers Again Mitch :D 8-)
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Nice one Mitch Image
mitch_fish

Thankyou Very Much Mate :D
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Looks like a nice little session Mitch. Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
mitch_fish

Cheers Peter Mate Really Enjoyed it :D