If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Drennan Coors Masters Final 4/10/15‏

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Drennan Coors Masters Final 4/10/15‏

Unread post by TK »

40 anglers fished the Drennan Coors Final at Burton Upon Trent, with 14 double figures of Roach and Dace. Sensas backed Joff Woodgett (on Ferry Bridge) who fished waggler and bronze maggot for mainly 22lb 1oz of quality Dace. On Ferry Bridge runner up former world champion Sean Ashby had an overall weight of 19lb 4oz again mainly Dace. Third, off Sherratts was Rob Quinn who again fished waggler for all Roach with a weight of 15lb 12oz. Thanks go to Drennan International for their great sponsorship of this event.

1st Joff Woodgett 22lb 1oz

2nd Sean Ashby 19lb 4oz

3rd Rob Quinn 15lb 12oz

4th Tony Marshall 15lb 8oz

5th Pete Morris 14lb 2oz

Sections

Sherratts

A Nick West 11lb 2oz

B Tony Marshall 15lb 8oz

C Terry Moroz 13lb 4oz

Ferry Bridge

D Pete Morris 14lb 2oz

E Mark Halksworth 8lb 7oz

Baileys

F Ian Ward 9lb

Municipal

G Wayne Truman 7lb

Regards Tony,

Coors AC
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drennan Coors Masters Final 4/10/15‏

Unread post by TK »

Nice one Joffie :tiphat
Barrow21
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Old Townsender

Unread post by Barrow21 »

Well done Joff , Still got it mate.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Hi boy's i'd like to start off with a few thank-yous as it's easy just to turn up and fish and take your chance .This series and the sensas Masters takes a longtime planning each consisted of 6 qualifying rounds . All rounds were well attended with up to 70 anglers on both venues which is a testament to all the organizers who have given there time to run these events natural venues are a real success story . Coors have spent a lot of time and money getting access to pegs with vertically no long walks something that is paramount for the older generation to keep fishing these venues . Myself and Brian Hull run the Sensas Soar Masters and the team from Coors AS and Wayne Swincoe run the Drennan/ Coors masters plus along the way the Coors lads have raised a lot of money for charity .So from everyone who has taken part in every round it's a massive thank-you and lets not forget without your support as anglers these competitions wouldn't of been the success they have been this year a MASSIVE THANK-YOU to Drennan for sponsoring the final with Tackle prizes :tiphat :tiphat :tiphat
Well what can i say about the fishing over the past few weeks i've enjoyed my fishing on two completely different venues yet fishing against 80% of the same anglers. This alone has brought everyone's standards of fishing up to the top level where else can you mix with International anglers week in week out . Different styles winning different rounds wagglers, stick float, pole ,Bolo and feeder . Both venues have been harder this year but hasn't everywhere with the lack of rain species of fish anything can happen "ain't fishing Great" I love that saying as you just don't know whats going to happen .
Sunday 40 of the best river anglers took part and believe me it wasn't easy to qualify for either event so when the draw started i was first in the bag . This is something i never do but i couldn't hang around listerning to who had the normal fliers so i had my peg No1 ferry bridge with little form all year i had to sit a while on the peg and make a plan .
two waggler rods 2AA and 4AA one light with 0.8 to a 22s and the other 0.10 to 18s the only other thing i set up was a chopped worm rig as around 5 metres was the deepest part of my peg and in the past a few perch had come off it . after setting up i took a short walk to see who was in the section as i honestly thought that's what i was fishing for . Mind you seeing Sean Ashby on the ferry bridge even a section would be hard . Back on my peg i started the match on the lighter waggler but after 20 minutes and no bites i almost picked the chopped worm rig up still i decided not too. what i did do is upped my feed i had nothing to loose and within five runs down it was like a switch being turned on the next ten or twenty casts resulted in a bumped fish missed bite or a fish . It was clear at this point i hadn't got it quite right so a quick depth chance and the odd shot move i was soon into a fish a cast . half way through things were really good until someone launched a stick into the middle of the river quickly followed by dog pretty much killed my peg with only the odd bite down the peg . I sat there thinking what to do had a drink and sat for 10 minutes just feeding . Again i nearly picked the chopped worm rig up but never did instead i picked the heavier waggler up . this time i stared to get bites but again the odd fish was coming off so i didn't waste too much time before i changed to a 22s this changed the whole catching mode once again . After this short break of only feeding the big difference this time i had more roach in the peg and must of put 3lb of quality roach in the net in the last half hour and finished with a cracking net of 22lb 1oz and the title Trent Master :cheerleader
Sean also had a cracking day and finished up 2nd so a good day all round for the sensas lads
19lb 4oz
presentation
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Is that turmeric or a bit of fake tan joff :whistle
Fantastic result mate in a class field,top man :thumsup
fin
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony