If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Goodyear Match

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Goodyear Match

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

Today we were at our secret venue but most of you wil know it.

Today I drew peg 19 not a great peg with tommo on the 16 (the flyer) and sprucy on 17 it was going to be hard to pick any money up today.

I set up two many rigs 7 in all and only needed 3 max which was my first mistake. I fedd the 10 meter line with two pots of pellets and a pot of pellet down by the old sunken island after I seen a carp roll near it. I started of on the 11mm pelet and after having a few rudd take the paint of the float I had a small carp about 2lb after 5 mins. I then dropped in again and had another but this time about 3lb. I continued looking for more carp the rudd were doing my head in and after putting in another pot I had my 3rd carp adout 4 lb and nothing on the carp line (apart from some rudd) untill the hour mark and the float burried and I had fish on which felt like the big roach but when I got it down to netting range I seen it was a PIKE! (my first one). After wandering how I was going to unhook it the fish spat the hook and the 11mm pellet result!. We weighed the pike and it was 1lb 5oz.

The carp line then went quiet and I had a look for some silvers on the 3-2 hand before looking for some more carp. On the carp line I had another 2 carp and 2 roach over 1lb 8oz easy. It went quiet again apart from the rudd! I continued on the carp line and had 7 in the finish before it was completley dead. I then decided to sit out the last 2 hours for the silvers but I had a carp 2nd cast on the corn before the rudd got back on the scene. In the finish I had 8 carp and some rudd and roach.
Although I was on the scales (lke normal) it took me an age to get my kit away and after sprucy and mikey had in 5 people the best was 30lb and the lowest 20lb. Everyone had a good day and caught loads of fish.

1st Tommo 78lb 5oz
2nd Gus 40lb 7 oz
3rd Sprucy 35lb 8oz
4th JJ Gallagher 33lb 12oz
Overall im reletivly happy with the result from a average peg and a good day.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Goodyear Match

Unread post by Simple »

Well done JJ you having a good year matey Image
Didn't know there was Pike in there Image Image
Was all Tommo's fish foul hooked Image Image Image Image
JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Goodyear Match

I didn't either untill it was in the net!
Think the hooked them in the mounth but he couldn't fish properly he had a bad elbow Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Goodyear Match

Unread post by me »

any clues to were the venue is jj? youcan wisper in my ear via pm if you are shy Image :D
Image Image
JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Goodyear Match

its a private pool sorry Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Goodyear Match