If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

carney's pool goodyear match

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

Well it was back to carneys pool and I hate the place!!!
After me and tommo pegged it out I drew peg 12 which has never been in before. I could fish to the back of the stumps which are on peg 13 and had a rig for 10 meter and one in the reeds to my right.

I started on the 10 meter line and after 20 mins without nothing I decided to have a look at the back of the stumps before John on 13 and hooked a carp which snagged me in record time Image. After some time spent down the stumps I had a small tench and John had two carp from the strong side of the stumps.

i decided to have a look on the 10 meter line as nothing was at the back of the stumps, nothing there and i was panicing. AAfter John then had two more carp shallow I decided to have a look and after feeding it foe 5 mins I decided to have a look and get one first chuck Image. I continued up in the water and had nine which put me in a good position. The shallow rig wasn't working well and with sprucy and tommo chatching I hada look on the deck and got another little tench and a carp.

With an hour left I went shallow again and had 1 carp before getting 3 in the last 20 mins, one on the whistle and I thought it was going to be close between me and tommo for the section as he phoned me twice (a sign he knows its close).

Sprucey was the first to waigh in and put 30lb 5oz on the scales which is a good net for there. nobody else caught that well but I weighed in 32lb 5oz which was winning but I knew tommo had a few. H eweighed in 28lb 6oz which resulted in a win for me Image

1st JJ Gallagher 32lb 5oz
2nd Andy Spruce 30lb 5oz
3rd Tommo 28lb 6oz
its still a sh*t venue well done yesterday Si Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

have they banned macci cheese from there yet? It used to be the hot bait (macci cheese over corn). I know the rugeley lads have a lot of infulence on the owners/ venue and they were unhappy how macci over corn was winning matches and it was rumoured they were pushing for it to be banned, and they were pushing for the fishery to sell pellet and make it fishery only pellets.
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

its still a sh*t venue

Is it another place I've got to knock off my potential 2010 fixture list then Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

It's amazing how fast the report goes up when you win JJ Image :D

Well done matey Image
Only fished there one and I had a bad day with terrible wind (not out my bum :D ) I kind of liked it.

Have a good match at Passford next week Image Image
JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

Don't think the mac is banned as it didn't say anything in the rules (both sets) :-?.
It says they would prefer if you use their pellet but you don't need to.
Not a venue I like TK as we've had it four times and it hasn't fished well yet.
I only put it up late last week si as i had exams all week last week.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Not a venue I like TK as we've had it four times and it hasn't fished well yet.

We'll be at home there then..............most places turn off for us :D