If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Sensas Canal Masters final Results

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Cameron Hughes the Sensas Canal Master

Well what a final it turned out to be 46 Anglers took part after 6 qualifying rounds no one could of expected the results . Some real surprises from areas that are not normally that good yet through up some bumper catches . On the morning before the draw it was all about two or three pegs 102 swingbridge 38 Duke of York 55 and of course the end pegs which given the space should of at least slowed them down . Cameron Hughes drew 20 on the swingbridge boats which although is a end peg but during the series had been shocking . Cameron had had a weight off 26 during the series but i'm  sure he didn't fancy 20 on the morning . Pretty sure it was a slow start for Cameron but he soon sorted the peg out with a run of roach skimmers and Perch. All taken on Bloodworm and Joker with a few bonus fish on caster for a total weight of 6kg 630g to take the title and the £600.00 prize that when with it . Mr constant and Canal expert Darren Massey drew what he described a no hopper  yet surprised everyone off the flats with 5kg 200g Darren had half and half roach and perch some falling to caster down the track to take 2nd place and cash prize of £450 . 3rd place Bucko could only of thought what could of been after loosing a bream of around 5lb at the net within the first 5 minutes of the competition . Still its been agood series for bucko picking up £280.00 in the qualifiers and £300.00 for 3rd with a weight of 4kg 630g  . Lee morley again from a peg that hadn't thrown up in the series 88 yet managed 4 kg 350g for £200.00 cash prize .5th did come from one of the fancied pegs 102 Steve Hurst put together a mixed bag of fish all over B/J for 4kg 300g for the last big cash prize of £100.00 missing out by just 40grams Lee wright with 4kg 260g but did manage to win the six peg section and £60

I did manage to win my section with 2kg 300g which turned out to be the lowest section win  :facepalm :facepalm
here are the peg to peg
Arran wells  37 2kg 530g
Alistair Chisholme     39  2kg 000g
Gary Smith  41 3kg 410g section win £50.00
43 DNW
45 Tom Potter 2kg 040g
section 2
49 Brian Hawkes  1kg 940g
51 Joff woodgett  2kg 330g section win £50.00
53 Steve brookes  1kg 060g
55 Mark Parker 760grams
57 Mark perkins 2kg 040g
section 3
61 brette wilkes 2kg 000g
63 Sam Barker 2kg 750g section win £50.00 his dad didn't qualify  :whistle
65 Darran Bickerton 2kg 600g
67 Rob Wootton 1kg 520g
69 aca cooper 1kg 710g
section 4
73 Ben Sharratt 2kg 960g
75 Sid Baldock 1kg 750g
77 Ant King 2kg 930g
79 Tony Marshell 3kg 335g section win £50.00
81 Darren Massey 5kg 200g 2nd over all £450.00
section 5
83 simon Wilsmore 3kg 030g
85 John Kilby 1kg 300g
88 Lee Morley 4kg 350g 4th over all £200.00
90 Andy Paton 1kg 920g
92 Dave Petch 3kg 850g section win £50.00
section 6
94 Alan Donnally 3kg 270g
96 Brad Titmus  3kg 500g
98 Nick Moss 2kg 200g
100 Derek Jackson 3kg 760g section win £50.00
102 Steve Hurst  4kg 300g 5th over all £100.00
section 7
s4 Mark Russel 2kg 050g
s6 Dave mc call 2kg 940g
s8 Tony Cayhill 2kg 690g
s10 Steve Hemmingrey 2kg 200g
s12 Matt Derry 2kg 400g
s14 Lee wright 4kg 260g section win £60.00
section 8
s20 Cameron Hughes 6kg 630g match winner £600.00
s22 Joe Roberts DNW
s24 Sam Merry 3kg 750g section win £50.00
s26 Martin Almen 2kg 380g
s28 Jason Cunningham 3kg 530g
section 9
s30 Simon Woodliffe 1kg 300g
s32 John Price 1 kg 870g
s34 Andy Beesley 1kg 570g
s36 chris buckingham 4kg 630g 3rd overall £300.00
s38 Pete kttwood 3kg 900g section win

As you can see 46 anglers 33 weights over 2kg just shows with the weather warming up what the canal is capable of . :thumsup
just like to thank everyone for competing we the organizers get a real buzz seeing a strong field fihing against the best .
Big thanks to Brian Hull always in the back grown and works really hard printing weigh sheets pegs you name it Brian always there .i couldn't run these competitions without him .
thanks to the Hockey Club for there support i hope its worth it i'm pretty sure they have raised over £1000 pounds towards the Hockey club  :thumsup
Final lets do it all again next year      
sven
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Eclipse
Sponsor: Gudgeon

Unread post by sven »

Looks like the canal fished very well well done to the lads who ran the event and pegging out looks like the right choices were made.
:thumsup
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Cameron picking up the cash and trophy
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Second place and £450.00 Darren Massey
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Looks like the diets working Joff
:tiphat :tiphat

You look quite slim in that pic next to Mr Massey :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Kennyb

Unread post by Kennyb »

Hi Joff
On behalf of those that live many miles away but enjoy following the midlands natural venue match circuit.
Thanks for keeping us all informed

Keep posting
Keep smiling
Kennyb (Wigan)
D Massey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Cadence Superteam Bait-Tech Captain

Unread post by D Massey »

Less of the cheek, its cus i am standing side ways and Joff is face on
D Massey
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Cadence Superteam Bait-Tech Captain

Unread post by D Massey »

Less of the cheek, its cus i am standing side ways and Joff is face on
Biggcol
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Biggcol »

Hi daz it's big col wen I've had my gastric band you can have all my old jackets n jeans :nana :rofl :rofl (well done mate) :thumsup
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by MrWright »

Thanks for running the matches Joff/ Brian, it's what fishing needs, will be back again next year that's for sure! I think everybody has enjoyed it, even when it's freezing cold you still get some bites. Don't know a better shallow canal to be honest!

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i must say i'd of liked to carry on a little longer into April as the canal has suddenly woke up !!Think i might go and use my bait tomorrow somewhere on the canal . Ain't fishing a great sport !! if you reflex back on this season i can't think of a bad day if the fishing has been poor the company has been great . At my age it's all about enjoying yourself and boy i've enjoyed this season  :thumsup :thumsup
here's to Next year  :cheers keep your eye's open for the sensas river masters  :thumsup   
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

i must say i'd of liked to carry on a little longer into April as the canal has suddenly woke up !!Think i might go and use my bait tomorrow somewhere on the canal . Ain't fishing a great sport !! if  you reflex back on this season i can't think of a bad day if the fishing has been poor the company has been great . At my age it's all about enjoying yourself and boy i've enjoyed this season  :thumsup :thumsup
here's to Next year  :cheers keep your eye's open for the sensas river masters  :thumsup   
I will have to give that reflex a dabble  :thumsup  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl :shifty  :D
What's happened to mr Massey :surprise :rofl :rofl :rofl
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

It's been great reading all the posts throughout the series Joffie. A big well done to you and Brian for running the series, and all the ups and downs that go with it!! As somebody else said, it's what fishing needs, big matches, well run and great reading Image Image
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone
Personal Text: Joan Is Fit
Match Team/ Club: N/A
Sponsor: E.F.C

Unread post by Bonanza216 »

Pmsl tone lol
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

yes some of the lower weights had been forced into sitting it out for bonus fish or they would of had bigger weights of roach for sure .You have to take into account it was the final and making the right choice whether its just for your section or individual is a gamble worth taking . beat four anglers for £50 catch a bonus Perch could of changed the individual result that's what makes fishing great . I did here a lot of bigger fish were lost during the match so although end pegs look like they had taken a lot of the money everything could of changed with these fish. :thumsup
long eatons finest
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Long EatonFed M.G.
Sponsor: Buckos TEAM BALDY

Unread post by long eatons finest »

yes some of the lower weights had been forced into sitting it out for bonus fish or they would of had bigger weights of roach for sure .You have to take into account it was the final and making the right choice whether its just for your section or individual is a gamble worth taking . beat four anglers for £50 catch a bonus Perch could of changed the individual result that's what makes fishing great . I did here a lot of bigger fish were lost during the match so although end pegs look like they had taken a lot of the money everything could of changed with these fish. :thumsup

Well done to you and Brian Joff for running another great series .This is what is needed in fishing and obviously the area benefits from the effort you put in.
Luckily i qualified for the final and was one of those who went for big fish but the Perch just refused to play ball.
Looking at who was in the final it was a chance for me to beat the stars on show but to no avail. :-/
In hindsight should have gone on and fished for silvers and could have caught small roach and gudgeon all day but took the chance on what has been a Perch peg on the last two matches.
Thought i`d be fair and give you the chance to take the section,well done for that and well deserved . :thumsup
Roll on next year. :tiphat
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Long Eatons finest :rofl :rofl
I had my eye on you all match i knew if the big billies were going to have ago you would of been the first to catch . If i had of drawn your peg i'd of done the the same although Mark perkins catching that one must of got your hopes up a 2lb billies is a lot of roach to catch up with . saying that Mark perhaps should of gone for roach after catching that perch . That's the great thing about fishing !! it's all about the if's and but's why's and when's all 46 anglers had to qualify which in it's self is the hardest part and needs completely different approach in many sections .
Next year all the sections will be 8 pegs which i think is far better given the length of the pegs as long as you can see the whole of your section it's down to you to make the right decisions . :thumsup