If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

joffs summer sensas league 1st round

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

H.M.S will not allow it lee i still have 4 years hanging over my head Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Why?......have H.M.S got anything to do with Cudmore?
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Hang in there Joff ;) you love it really.....what goes around comes around Image

If all else fails.......... Yepp, resort to violence :D

If you need any Manchester Muscle .......... " Big Dave" will help you out Image Image
ropa
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by ropa »

Joff sign the woodmouse on!! :o ImageBut don`t invite him to team meetings, too much gob on him :D ;) Just looked through some old results and noticed the Trentman team that won the div 3 national on the Trent in 2003, not 1 of that line up fishes for them now!! Or do they?? How many of your team 5 years ago fishes for your team now?? In ours of 2003 we have 10 left and 8 new lads, and 5 have left in that time, but none have gone to another team!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

to fair this is the first person out of the old school that has left and i'm really gutted about it he never let you down and always dug a result out the first i heard was on saturday a phone call from lakeview Imagejust happens to be the trenchman new HQ Image
every dog has his day and what goes round comes round Image
you never know what might happen Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

About about this for an interesting thought Toff.....

What do you think if ALL match organisers that fish for teams like yourself, myself, Ted Yearby etc etc started banning sides that continually steal their anglers.... Image Image Image Image
ropa
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by ropa »

Unforunately it`s the way things go >:(, Lee, Joff have you never been guilty of it in the past :o, the reason it`s a yellow stream these days it`s because it`s harder to replace these anglers for a number of reasons. There is definately not the amount of all round ,experienced anglers about.......commercials? not enough young blood coming into the sport?? lack of interest from good anglers in team fishing?? Many reasons but I mself know it doesn`t get any easier when you loose a lad to another team >:(
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

as one of a dying breed match organiser i will be running matches like lee has teams of three that keeps it simple most anglers i talk to say they have no chance against the big teams so the answer to me is simple don't run big team matches i've just been speaking to stan piecha about this even the summer league teams of 6 can't put a team sheet of 10 anglers as its a must win at all costs policy[fair play we all want to win] but the lesser teams have all ready questioned me on this so this happens what ever the size of team but its more noticeable at the bigger end of team fishing i think teams of ten will struggle to keep leagues going soon
now teams of three brings it down to a more even playing field most teams have 6 or 7 anglers that are better than others but when it comes to ten thats when problems start
a team of three can travel together in van if need be a team of three can just be 3 friends wanting to fish at this level don't get me wrong there would be some very good teams of three but remember the more teams you have in it the bigger the sections are and you would be very lucky to have 3 anglers on really good pegs
bye the way ropas barnsley are head hunting one or two anglers as we speak Image Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Its called "Ever Decreasing Circles"   ;)

I wonder how many teams will still be competing at the top level in 2 or 3 years ????    Image

I just cant see a future for 10 man team events apart from nationals..... i hope i am wrong !!

Great point about teams of 3 and 5 Joff Image
Its much easier and cost effective when you travel in small groups in vans etc .......and for sure i think it is a much more level playing field in these team events ............. the best team that has fished the best match/series will still win, superstars or not ;) Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

dodge i think if myself lee bob dyer and a couple of other organisers got together we could do something between us i know your not in the midlands but if we kept a league in the midlands and the teams at 4 we would have endless venues to choose from and keep it with in 50 mlies of each other but i do think it would have to be on sundays as the climate we are living in now more and more of us have to work saturdays and this will mean sacrifice other events to do it Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

Unread post by lloydy »

dodge i think if myself lee bob dyer and a couple of other organisers got together we could do something between us i know your not in the midlands but if we kept a league in the midlands and the teams at 4 we would have endless venues to choose from and keep it with in 50 mlies of each other but i do think it would have to be on sundays as the climate we are living in now more and more of us have to work saturdays and this will mean sacrifice other events to do it Image
i think you are right joff, Paul Turner has been on about running an individual canal league for a while around the midlands, trouble is that there is alot of organising for one person. When you look at some leagues we fish and how poorly they are run and how much money is taken out, i think if some organisers got together and run a league where the venues were good and the money paid out instead of losing 50 to 60% of moneys paid in on admin then we could get some big leagues. Imagine a league with a match on loughborough,walsall,northhampton,wombourne,dams + locks,stafford and erewash? organisers making peg fees, good payouts Image Image Image Image Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

I'd be up for it..

The only problem would be finding dates.

Over the last couple of years myself, Tony Keeling and Ted Yearby have arranged dates around one another...

Most Sundays from now until next March are already taken up with drennans, summer leagues, winter leagues...

Lloydy...i think if you have a standard peg fee of £2 then all should be happy.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

its a fine line but as loydy said if some of these matches are not getting the numbers as individual matches some will have to be sacrificed once something like this starts it can only get bigger each team that enters is another 4 anglers and then are committed for the series its easy to let match organisers down individually but not so in team matches of this size Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

I'd be up for it..

The only problem would be finding dates.

Over the last couple of years myself, Tony Keeling and Ted Yearby have arranged dates around one another...

Most Sundays from now until next March are already taken up with drennans, summer leagues, winter leagues...

Lloydy...i think if you have a standard peg fee of £2 then all should be happy.
If you think what some places now charge peg fees, if you only charge £2 a peg think of the payouts you could have to draw lots of teams in. for 5 man teams you could pay £100 entry per team for 5 matches, which would be £50 peg fees and the rest towards final team money, then £15 or £20 pools on day all paid out. I'm also pretty sure you could get some mag coverage and possibley a bit of sponsorship if run correctly Image Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Nice one Image sounds interesting ;)

Dont know about the £20 pools tho Image some of us have to travel a fair way and with the cost of fuel etc Image

£15 pools with sponsorship backing Image

Surely one of the big players (tackle firms, mag etc) would want to get involved with an event like this ;) Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

rome was not built in a day so i think this season is out but around christmas we should call a meeting Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

I think its a brilliant idea but i think there would just be too many hurdles to overcome.
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by lloydy »

I think its a brilliant idea but i think there would just be too many hurdles to overcome.
I think that there are hurdles and i think joff is right it would be next year, but i think its worth putting the feelers out and seriously considering it. We all come on these sites worrying whats happening to team fishing and the way it is run, there are some really good match organisers on this site that i think with help could do a superb job.