If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Goodyear unemployables Boldings

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

I was on Boldings Beech pool today it fished shocking, 26lb odd won the match on the point peg 7 I think JD drew it and fished well. We all expected the match to fish better as there was only a few of today but we struggled!

I drew peg 11 and after looking for the peg (no numbers on the slabs). The peg looked average with no features, not much cover in margin but I had an open mind. I started on the 5meter line and had a few silvers on the maggot and a couple of better ones on the corn, but no carp which was worrying. I had a look shallow and had some more silvers before getting my first carp (about 6oz). nothing was worrking and nobody was catching so it wasn't just me that was struggling. After a while I had a look on the red meat and had a carp about 5lb first chuck, and one about 2lb next cast, I've got it I thought but after that i foul hooked one and that seemed to kill it.

I had a look on the 10 meter line and had an f1 and some more roach, JD and Terry had started to have fish regulary now. I went back on th e5 meter line and changed tactics completley, which resulted in another f1 and some small carp, with 10 minutes left I foul hooked another and then had a look down the inside to nothing. All in all it was a bad day due to the rain over night as I think that knocked them of the feed.

1st) JD 26lb odd
2nd) Keith Woodbridge 15lb 00
3rd) Terry Morris 14lb 7oz
4th) JJ Gallagher 14lb 00
:(
Nothing today hope the Jam Factory fishes better Sunday
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

A lot of venues are fishing pants at the min JJ ;)

The fish have other things on their minds at the min plus the weather is very up and down Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Bloody hell  Image Image
I'm glad your PC crashed last night  Image
I thought you was at the Jam Factory and was gonna pop up and see you, good job  I didn't.

Good report again matey.  Image Image
JJ_Gallagher
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by JJ_Gallagher »

Image Thanks I think the match would have been better if it was pegged different. John Benness lost his top 4 when a fish took his pole, he got it back at the other end of the pool and landed the fish 6-8lb most people would have lost the lot but the fish swam into the margin and it was easy from there.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

No wonder Goodyear is going down the pan.... Image Image