If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Semi result Walsall canal.

Upcoming Match Information and Venue Advice Here.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Daiwa Trentmen came through with 6 section winners to win easily on 25 points.

2nd were Saints on 36 pts with Maver Barnsley 3rd on 41 pts.

With 12 minutes remaining Barnsley had two dry nets before Tom Pickering on a very hard section on the Tame valley managed to put 4 fish in the net and finish 3rd in section, with 7 mintues remaining captain Tony Peel managed to catch a perch to get the points needed to get them to the final.

The unlucky team to suffer the heart break of dropping to 4th place were Browning Quaker who came out with their heads held high and had the consolation of 2nd place individually in Peter "Smelly wobbly cheeks" Close with 7-3-0 off peg 4.

Young Sam Perkins added another positive to her growing CV with a match win with 8-1-0 of skimmers and roach from peg 71 on the houses section.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

On behalf of all the match anglers up and down the country who have fished the HanKaT waters......

Well done to Lee Woodhouse for making this semi final possible Image Image

Nice one mate Image
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

A good weekend for Barnsley, bad luck ropa, we missed out by one place last year so I know what it feels like
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Unread post by Woodhouse »

A good weekend for Barnsley, bad luck ropa, we missed out by one place last year so I know what it feels like

No disrespect to Ropa's lot but they were never expected to qualify or even be in the running, what they did do was participate in the spirit any game should be approached with and they should hold their heads up very high with the result they came back with!

With a kinder draw i am certain they would have be going to Peterborough in July.

They certainly gained a lot of respect today from some very good teams.

Well done the Quaker lads, I take my hat off to you. Image Image
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by frank »

Well done to Lee Woodhouse for making this semi final possible

he,s after a knighthood you know

he did well it aint no easy task running them leagues

take a bow Sir Lee
ropa
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by ropa »

Cheers Lee mate, a big thanks to Lee from the lads for helping us out, he always has time for everyone  Image and the work he does for the league and the sport is unreal ImageStill a cheeky little crappity smack though!!!! ;) Mixed emotions for me !!! Seriously pleased with 4th spot as we were up against some of the best B&J teams in the country and to be the best of the rest is quite pleasing as we were miles from home, alien venue on baits we don`t fish, but we are not in the final so i`m a bit gutted about that :'( but our heads are held high and will be going for it again next year. Image Was well pleased for our other Captain Peter Close, 2nd place on the Walsall was excellent. This goes now with his win on the semi`s last year on the Beeston. The lad is a legend Image For me it was a good day, 2nd in the section with 5lb 3oz, up against Sam Wildsmith and Paul Hughes to name a few, but I did a job and beat the top lads, well pleased :) And I`ll just mention my travelling partner Loui Mackintosh who gave a certain 4 times world champion a right good battering off the next peg.....tremendous Image Image
scotty85
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Personal Text: Redfin's forever
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen

Unread post by scotty85 »

thanks alot lee it was a very well run semi pal and were over the moon to be in the final again .well done to saints and barnsley and bad luck to the other teams. and to all my team mates awsome im a very proud trentmen today. Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

yes a big well done to the trentmen i hear its a new record Imagei only wish we were going with you to the final a long side ropas boot boys still it was'nt to be but that dos'nt mean the banter will stop Imageagain well done trentman and special well done to sam perkins Imagei hear she has a good traveling partner Image